Accountability

Unknown Smurf

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1349131457' post='3036358']
I'm a member of SF and I've been cheering NPO on openly since EVERYTHING. MUST. DIE.... did I miss the team memo... bugger... oh well consider me ahead of my time in preparing as an obedient lapdog then hey. :v:
[/quote]\

What you do, and what happens in back channels where your leadership dwells are two completely different things. Pretending otherwise is fruitless. Everyone knows who wanted what in regards to NPO. That you chose to enter a bloc with the history that SF has in regards to NPO , should spell out very clearly to them where exactly you fall. Its not even your fault man, you just stumbled in on something that was set in motion long ago.

Edited by Rush Sykes

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349131837' post='3036361']
\

What you do, and what happens in back channels where your leadership dwells are two completely different things. Pretending otherwise is fruitless. Everyone knows who wanted what in regards to NPO. That you chose to enter a bloc with the history that SF has in regards to NPO , should spell out very clearly to them where exactly you fall. Its not even your fault man, you just stumbled in on something that was set in motion long ago.
[/quote]

Sorry bud but yeah Im part of that leadership that dwells in the backchannels as well for better or worse, the truth is a stereotype no matter how backed up by track record is never clear cut. Much like someone saying "C&G are mindless DH loving drones".... we all know there are [u]plenty[/u] of people in C&G who would cast DH aside tomorrow and that stereotype is but that, a generalisation. One that may be justified based on past actions but in reality just as clouded and mixed as the NPO/SF relationship your trying to paint.

I've bawwed plenty about my grievances with Umbrella. They certainly fit the description in the OP, but I won't drag that out here.

I think part of this accountability issue you describe is in the powers that be. Those powers don't want to be accountable. Accountability doesn't presently bode well for manipulating the treaty web, so the dishonor associated with it has been spun into a nice pile and swept under the rug. If people wanted more accountability in the world, the powers that be would do something about it.

Edit: typo

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1349132999' post='3036370']
Sorry bud but yeah Im part of that leadership that dwells in the backchannels as well for better or worse, the truth is a stereotype no matter how backed up by track record is never clear cut. Much like someone saying "C&G are mindless DH loving drones".... we all know there are [u]plenty[/u] of people in C&G who would cast DH aside tomorrow and that stereotype is but that, a generalisation. One that may be justified based on past actions but in reality just as clouded and mixed as the NPO/SF relationship your trying to paint.
[/quote]

The funny thing is... Im not trying to paint anything. Reality is what it is. Dont believe me? Ask around. The info is not hard to find. In fact, I challenge you to do this.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349131837' post='3036361']
\

[/quote]

You're paranoid and delusional.

[i]Name that OWF dogma doctrine from the past two wars[/i]

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1349133113' post='3036371']
I've bawwed plenty about my grievances with Umbrella. They certainly fit the description in the OP, but I won't drag that out here.

I think part of this accountability issue you describe is in the powers that be. Those powers don't want to be accountable. Accountability doesn't presently bode well for manipulating the treaty web, so the dishonor associated with it has been spun into a nice pile and swept under the rug. If people wanted more accountability in the world, the powers that be would do something about it.

Edit: typo
[/quote]

Or maybe there are just people in the power positions that dont want to hold people accountable for what YOU think they should be held accountable. Maybe there are people (hint, there are) who think that Sparta still needs to be held accountable for cowardice and backstabbing. Accountability is , like everything else in CN, 100% relative to the 2 parties involved.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1349133624' post='3036377']
You're paranoid and delusional.

[i]Name that OWF dogma doctrine from the past two wars[/i]
[/quote]

Im paranoid? About what? I await our depose. Almost as much fun as beating down SF, will be watching them grovel for scraps at the big table from the new (recycled old) hegemony if you guys all get your current greatest wish.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349133767' post='3036379']
Im paranoid? About what? I await our depose. Almost as much fun as beating down SF, will be watching them grovel for scraps at the big table from the new (recycled old) hegemony if you guys all get your current greatest wish.
[/quote]

Whose greatest wish. You are surely paranoid blah blah blah blah.

I guess I get how easy it is, you just throw in "You are paranoid, you are out of touch with reality," wash your hands and go.

All I will say is you made your bed, lie in it.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349133663' post='3036378']
Or maybe there are just people in the power positions that dont want to hold people accountable for what YOU think they should be held accountable. Maybe there are people (hint, there are) who think that Sparta still needs to be held accountable for cowardice and backstabbing. Accountability is , like everything else in CN, 100% relative to the 2 parties involved.
[/quote]
Thanks for re-iterating my point that the people in power do what they want. And thanks for pointing out that people may or may not want to roll Sparta. bait much?

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1349134174' post='3036382']
Whose greatest wish. You are surely paranoid blah blah blah blah.

I guess I get how easy it is, you just throw in "You are paranoid, you are out of touch with reality," wash your hands and go.

All I will say is you made your bed, lie in it.
[/quote]

Myth, the information and logs are all out there. Go in search of them, then come tell me im paranoid. Paranoia involves fear of something. I assure you I am not afraid of anything.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349135017' post='3036395']
Myth, the information and logs are all out there. Go in search of them, then come tell me im paranoid. Paranoia involves fear of something. I assure you I am not afraid of anything.
[/quote]

If you've got logs let's see them! :D

See this is another line I haven't been able to use in a while! This is so much fun!

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1349135372' post='3036397']
If you've got logs let's see them! :D

See this is another line I haven't been able to use in a while! This is so much fun!
[/quote]

It will be a cold day in hell when I drop logs. It is also way more fun to watch people think I am just making stuff up.

Edit: OOC: if you win 5 games of BGO in a row against me, I will show you a log or 2 :END OOC

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1349138151' post='3036415']
C&G using SF to get what they want = acceptable, SF using other blocs to depose C&G = evil, makes total sense guys.
[/quote]

I do not recall saying or suggesting it was evil. I find the SF positioning in the game right now, to be patently hilarious. It is not evil, it is poetic justice that they now rely on everyone they sought to "never allow to return to power" again.... to finally bail them out of their horrid inability to outplay people in the political game. It is not evil.. it just reduces the bloc to the pathetic nook they have carved out for themselves.

Reading the OP it sounds like there is more interest in settling a grudge than actual accountability. Be that as it may, seems to me people hung up on have accountability provide far to much predicabililty. Anyone who even spends a couple moments a week haunting the boards knows how the next the war is going down, the only mystery is when. The drive for accountability denys the ability for any bold change in our world.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349138779' post='3036416']
I do not recall saying or suggesting it was evil. I find the SF positioning in the game right now, to be patently hilarious. It is not evil, it is poetic justice that they now rely on everyone they sought to "never allow to return to power" again.... to finally bail them out of their horrid inability to outplay people in the political game. It is not evil.. it just reduces the bloc to the pathetic nook they have carved out for themselves.
[/quote]
SF gov's problem was trusting C&G in the first place, alliances forged in that manner arent the type that form long lasting friendships, I have no idea why they put faith in a bloc that was a former rival to suddenly be their ally and not stab them in the back.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349138779' post='3036416']
I do not recall saying or suggesting it was evil. I find the SF positioning in the game right now, to be patently hilarious. It is not evil, it is poetic justice that they now rely on everyone they sought to "never allow to return to power" again.... to finally bail them out of their horrid inability to outplay people in the political game.
[/quote]

I may be out of the loop, because I've been gone for a while. However, as far as I know SF isn't doing jack !@#$. I understand you have to remind people that you have a common enemy with them for things to stay the way they are, but SF has nothing to do with the threats and underhanded comments being lobbed at AI, NPO, TIO, NoR, and others. They don't have anything to do with the comments made by certain people from the Ex-Heg side toward MK either.

Please keep reminding people that it's all SF though. Xiph is secretly controlling both sides by mind control and will rain down vengance on everyone soon. Don't let SF overtake us! Side with Rushsykes! His position is always clear and concise. He is a final bastion of sanity in a world gone to madness.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1349139575' post='3036419']
SF gov's problem was trusting C&G in the first place, alliances forged in that manner arent the type that form long lasting friendships, I have no idea why they put faith in a bloc that was a former rival to suddenly be their ally and not stab them in the back.
[/quote]

C&G gov problems were trusting SF in the 1st place. Perspective sure is a funny thing.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349140427' post='3036428']
I may be out of the loop, because I've been gone for a while. However, as far as I know SF isn't doing jack !@#$. I understand you have to remind people that you have a common enemy with them for things to stay the way they are, but SF has nothing to do with the threats and underhanded comments being lobbed at AI, NPO, TIO, NoR, and others. They don't have anything to do with the comments made by certain people from the Ex-Heg side toward MK either.

Please keep reminding people that it's all SF though. Xiph is secretly controlling both sides by mind control and will rain down vengance on everyone soon. Don't let SF overtake us! Side with Rushsykes! His position is always clear and concise. He is a final bastion of sanity in a world gone to madness.
[/quote]

Apparently your recent absence did nothing to enhance your reading comprehension. I never said, nor did I suggest that SF is "out to do anything"... save ride the coattails of AI and Duckroll(at least so they think)... to the dinner table. The problem is... if that doesnt happen, we win. If it does happen, SF gets to spend dinner at the little kids table while all the adults whom will never EVER trust them (that being the folks in BOTH spheres)... sit at the adult table and carve up the turkey. Even in a SF victory on the coattails of AI and Duckroll, C&G and DH come out in a better position. THAT is what I am saying. Not that SF are in back channels plotting. I hope this clears things up for you.

Hi I'm Rush I'm going to try to make fun of the people we thought were huge threats so we made up reasons to attack them for two straight wars and stay paranoid thinking that they're totally in charge/in control of the threats I missed.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349141025' post='3036435']
Apparently your recent absence did nothing to enhance your reading comprehension. I never said, nor did I suggest that SF is "out to do anything"... save ride the coattails of AI and Duckroll(at least so they think)... to the dinner table. The problem is... if that doesnt happen, we win. If it does happen, SF gets to spend dinner at the little kids table while all the adults whom will never EVER trust them (that being the folks in BOTH spheres)... sit at the adult table and carve up the turkey. Even in a SF victory on the coattails of AI and Duckroll, C&G and DH come out in a better position. THAT is what I am saying. Not that SF are in back channels plotting. I hope this clears things up for you.
[/quote]

What do you mean "if that doesn't happen we win?". SF isn't in competition with you at all, dawg. That was MY point. You seem to have a mentality that your enemy is SF, when they have done absolutely nothing but keep to themselves since PB-Polar. You seem to believe SF is preparing to "ride the coatails of AI"; when they're making no such preparations at the moment as far as I'm aware. I wrapped MY POINT in a lot of sarcasm at the end though, so I can understand why you missed it.

[ooc] Hi Rush! I can not get on irc to congratulate you on your team's outrageous 70 point win so I will do it here.[/ooc]

Edited by Omniscient1