Pacifica's 401k Becomes Fully Vested

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1342899936' post='3013027']
Oh lord, we're allied to ChairmanHal? ABORT ABORT

:lol1:[/quote]

Laugh it up...last time we were associated with each other, you got your ass rolled.

I'd like to say I was sorry about that, but honestly I wasn't. I'd also like to say I wasn't at all responsible for it, but that would be a lie too. But hey, let's move on in the relationship. Just try to listen this time around, ok? :)

An internal memo told me I had to post my hails.

What? Internal. It came from human computering resources of ministerness, of Pacifica, and not some other department of some other alliance, or company.

I don't feel comfortable answering more questions.

o/

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1342983610' post='3013286']
You know some folks who were rather vocal in our DoE with some unkind words have since shut up, just sayin'
[/quote]
stop it wicked i just spit water on my screen from laughing cuz ur right :ph34r:

Edited by Buds The Man

You know, seeing this just kinda sucks. Two years ago when Valhalla didn't defend MCXA I was told several reasons. I was told they wanted to be able to defeat DH the last war, they wanted to build themselves up, that they wanted to sign treaties in new areas, but also that [i][b]they didn't want to do anything that would help an order[/b][/i]. It sucked that we had an ally tell us that they're relationship with NPO was more important than their treaty partner, and plenty of their other allies, but now I get to see them turn around and treaty the alliance that they told me led to them selling my good friends out. I'm not saying there is anything wrong people changing their minds on old enemies, but it does seam to me that that what I was told two years ago was very dishonest.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='NeCoHo' timestamp='1342998422' post='3013344']
SCY,

Anarchy Inc =/= Valhalla. TLR and NG got clean slates, and Ai gets one too.
[/quote]

While the Anarchy is not Valhalla, Valhalla is now the Anarchy, and the actions that Valhalla did does not make this equal to the rivalry between NPO and the pieces that made up TLR. Bad blood between some one is not the same as not defending your allies in a war because it might help them. Look to what your own alliance did in this war. You are not fans of MK. You are not fans of the CB, but you stood by your allies. Lastly, what would NG be getting a clean slate from?

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1342897507' post='3013016']
Bud you sold your soul to the devil again, good luck with this my friend
[/quote]

The immensity of room you don't have to talk is really unfathomable.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1342998090' post='3013343']
You know, seeing this just kinda sucks. Two years ago when Valhalla didn't defend MCXA I was told several reasons. I was told they wanted to be able to defeat DH the last war, they wanted to build themselves up, that they wanted to sign treaties in new areas, but also that [i][b]they didn't want to do anything that would help an order[/b][/i]. It sucked that we had an ally tell us that they're relationship with NPO was more important than their treaty partner, and plenty of their other allies, but now I get to see them turn around and treaty the alliance that they told me led to them selling my good friends out. I'm not saying there is anything wrong people changing their minds on old enemies, but it does seam to me that that what I was told two years ago was very dishonest.
[/quote]

Two years can lead to a lot of changes. Valhalla no longer exists in this realm. They have joined with us to form Ai. Ai is more than the sum of her components--more than BAPS, Olympus, BTA and Valhalla were on our own. NPO under Brehon (and under Mary before him) is not the same NPO as NPO under Cortath or previous Emperors.

Two years ago, Olympus was told the same thing MCXA was. We respected Valhalla looking forward and doing what was right for them in the big picture and we supported that decision. They supported our decision to defend NPO.

If every decision we make today has to be filtered through every decision made two years ago, there is no opportunity for growth or change. Healthy alliances embrace change and growth. And they put aside old grudges to work for new goals. I'm happy to be partnered on working on these goals with NPO.

2 years ago my nation was just setting up its first improvements. Border Walls I recall, had to keep the riff raff out. And I made my first collections at DEFCON 3. It was a good time, and I did not even know what an NPO was...

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1342998577' post='3013346']
While the Anarchy is not Valhalla, Valhalla is now the Anarchy, and the actions that Valhalla did does not make this equal to the rivalry between NPO and the pieces that made up TLR. Bad blood between some one is not the same as not defending your allies in a war because it might help them. Look to what your own alliance did in this war. You are not fans of MK. You are not fans of the CB, but you stood by your allies. Lastly, what would NG be getting a clean slate from?
[/quote]

I think all the AIers (:wub you guys btw) hit most of what I wanted to say pretty damn well so I'll leave it that way, however, NPO defending its allies (NG) no matter what we thought about the war speaks volumes for what we would do for any of our allies.

Also, the constituent alliances which made up NG weren't the first people anyone would have expected NPO to ally 2-3 years ago, however as a whole, as queenhailee said, NG (and TLR) is the sum of all the parts, just like Ai, and thus makes them greater than those parts. I'm proud to say NG, TLR, and Ai are my allies, they are great groups of people and I don't care what their former alliances (whether it be iFOK, Valhalla, Athens, or any other one) did or thought of the NPO. What matters is today and tomorrow, and we're all going somewhere amazing.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1342998090' post='3013343']
[/quote]
Your answers to this post lie above SCY. Even with that ill take a stab at this post. We had multiple allies in that war. Some on one side some on the others. We were VERY CLEAR to all allies we would not participate in the attacking or defending of NPO. Yes we had opportunities to enter on the other side. At that particular point in time there were issues with NPO that had not been worked out and the current administration was not exactly workable with us. We made a conscience choice to remain on the side lines of that war. For those that understood our point we were there with our long boats with rebuilding supplies as was our responsibility. There are specific reasons we put non chaining clauses in our treaties, now I cant recall anymore but if i remember right you chained in to that war as well. We didnt tell just you that we told everyone that. To be quite honest Valhalla has never resigned with NPO. Valhalla remains in the hearts and souls of some of the members of AI but as a political entity it no longer exists. With that said the current admin (Brehon) as with the former admin(Mary) laid the ground work for those of us with issues to be more comfortable with what has now occured (see my original post in this thread). Now that we are all AI and have wiped the slate clean not only for us but others we may have had a grudge against this treaty works. SCY i say this not to be a smart ass but more of friendly advice let go of the past if you do not you will never be able to progress.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1342849653' post='3012868']
Looks like the pendulum of influence is swinging away from Doomhouse and back toward Pacifica. Can't say I'm sad about that.
[/quote]
You're kidding, right? This was [i]beyond[/i] a sure treaty, and brings nothing new to the world.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343008568' post='3013395']
You're kidding, right? This was [i]beyond[/i] a sure treaty, and brings nothing new to the world.
[/quote]
I would disagree with that. There was nothing sure about this treaty the only sure treaty for AI were those in DR and SNAFU other than that nothing was sure.