Individual Surrender Terms by the Lightbringers Coalition

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per our normal policy which we have had in every war since karma, I would just like to officially note that any Viridian nation who accepts these terms will be placed on our ZI list until their sentence is fulfilled. Given that we are rather occupied at the moment, I'm guessing this will extend into the post war period as well.

As I don't suspect any material number of Viridians will surrender, there shouldn't be any issues, but it's always good to be clear.

Also, I didn't get around to mentioning it in any of the counter declarations, but good luck to TPF, IRON, etc in the war.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1341552415' post='3004599']
As per our normal policy which we have had in every war since karma, I would just like to officially note that any Viridian nation who accepts these terms will be placed on our ZI list until their sentence is fulfilled. Given that we are rather occupied at the moment, I'm guessing this will extend into the post war period as well.

As I don't suspect any material number of Viridians will surrender, there shouldn't be any issues, but it's always good to be clear.

Also, I didn't get around to mentioning it in any of the counter declarations, but good luck to TPF, IRON, etc in the war.
[/quote]
On behalf of TPF I'd like to apologize for the coalition name.... Anyone that leaves probably wasn't adding much anyways. You guys will be fine.

[/quote]

Thats good to hear! o/ war

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1341550760' post='3004557']
Points at Stelios and then blames Mia
[/quote]

What? We blame [i]Farrin[/i] for things, Farrin! Just for that, consider yourself haunted in some future life.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1341551404' post='3004578']
Something to do with TOOL? o_O
[/quote]

No, it has something to do with GOD. Though by GOD, TOOL is dead, no haunting.

[/quote]

Good to know that this still applies.
o/ Viridia

At what point do you realize that anyone that peruses the owf and follows terms like this doesn't deserve to be here. Do you think alliances send these terms out to their members or something? At least it isn't standard practice for alliances at war to take up space announcing individual surrender terms knowing exactly that the audience they're trying to reach doesn't know !@#$ about the medium they're using.

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1341555004' post='3004642']
At what point do you realize that anyone that peruses the owf and follows terms like this doesn't deserve to be here. Do you think alliances send these terms out to their members or something? At least it isn't standard practice for alliances at war to take up space announcing individual surrender terms knowing exactly that the audience they're trying to reach doesn't know !@#$ about the medium they're using.
[/quote]

move along deinos... go do something like improve your war machine or the lackthereof.

[/quote]

What if the nation who surrenders is out of your range?

[quote name='President Kuse' timestamp='1341553968' post='3004622']
Official Response: No Surrender, my honor will remain intact and on the battlefield. For Glory! For Viridia!
[/quote]

Oooooookay.

To be honest, they are good terms and I'm sure I've read harsher and/or more insulting surrender terms. If anyone asks, why keep it secret? If they want to start catching up on the politics, good for them. If they want to bail out on the people counting on them, good riddance. I guess I'm too pragmatic to assume my honor will forever remain spotless and pure on any given battlefield.

Granted, I don't have any intention of taking you all up on the offer, but the effort made isn't lost on me.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1341562831' post='3004701']
What if the nation who surrenders is out of your range?
[/quote]

Some of our other nations are smaller than they used to be ;)

Edit, after seeing Matt Miller's post: Out of range on the [u]top[/u] end! That's ... unusual. I can appreciate that infrastructure and technology are expensive and slow to build in that range, but LOTS of other folks are down a quarter or more of their NS, on both sides. I'll refrain from further exposition of my opinion on this, as some of the language might be colorful but inappropriate.

Edited by Hob Dobson

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1341550306' post='3004528']
not a huge fan of VE's choices in targets, but I every single members reacts to these terms like this.
[IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/M0gar/tumblr_m5kp4iNDbm1rp6mgro1_500.gif[/IMG]
[/quote]
He hasn't done it properly, but I think VE's pre-war #2 might be trying to prove you wrong there, Mogar. :smug:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&view=findpost&p=3004670