Announcement from the Viridian Entente

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1340857882' post='2999072']
Biggest crock of !@#$ i've ever heard. We tried stopping this the moment we were told. In fact Taut's decision was enhanced by the general "Meh" we received from you when we tried to mediate.
[/quote]

You're full of it.

So full of it.

You remember when I proved it to everyone in Rok? Seems to me you might need some reminding of why you declared our embassy a threat to the security of your alliance, and banned everyone from reading it. Remember that? Don't run your mouth if you can't back it up.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest crock of !@#$ i've ever heard. We tried stopping this the moment we were told. In fact Taut's decision was enhanced by the general "Meh" we received from you when we tried to mediate.
[/quote]

Anybody rational who has seen the logs of that original conversation disagrees with you.

[/quote]
It seems like you have not seen the original logs in form and context, in which they are coherent with what actually transpired. Worry not, for it's perfectly normal for your past emperor to bend reality in order to save face. The crux of the matter is, that if we cannot trust the word of your emperor in regards to your alliance's stance on a certain subject, you don't only need to improve your communication skills with foreign alliances, but also your internal communications, and related protocols.

That being said, you're doing allright NPO.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1340856443' post='2999015']
You know me, you ought to be able to understand what i meant. Seriously now.

Tell me this, how does it feel to be able and willing to help out an ally who is outnumbered and needs that help?

How does it feel to be willing and able to rush to help your beleaguered ally while knowing it will not end well for your own self?

How does it feel to know that you would not change a thing about this decision given the same situation, regardless of hindsight?

Tell me Viridia. How does it feel to be willing and able to be living upto the adage "my word is my bond"?

Does it help you understand stuff? See more clearly? Sleep better? Cmon now, dont be shy, tell me.
[/quote]

I guess you aren't better than that, that's disappointing.

[/quote]

Is this one of those things like that time you plotted with MK to sell out Fark, but really you were only fishing for information so you could help Fark? Or the time you asked us for permission to treaty NSO?

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1340857302' post='2999029']
Taut and Joe did tell you from the beginning.
[/quote]
No, they did not. I did not find out that Rok would be defending NpO until after VE declared, and then I found out from VE and had to go ask Taut about it myself.

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1340857302' post='2999029']
Taut and Joe did tell you from the beginning. The fact that some of RoK's more substantial allies chose to ignore the notification, or simply seemed not to care removes any fault from Ragnarok. That's why it was so @#%^ed up for the rest of SF (Xiph) to go behind RoK's back and organize hits on the 'other' side of that war.
[/quote]

Completely bull. We were given the green light by Taut and Rampage. Do you know how we found out that RoK was defending Polar? Rumors that RoK was sitting in Polar's coalition channel and I was asked by Impero in query if there was any truth to that fact. Only when I asked Taut about that in the SF channel and in query did he mention that RoK was defending Polar, a complete flip from his previous stance and a complete surprise to everyone else.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1340895151' post='2999339']
No, they did not. I did not find out that Rok would be defending NpO until after VE declared, and then I found out from VE and had to go ask Taut about it myself.
[/quote]
This is accurate from what Taut told me right afterwards. The fact that some of our more prominent members switched their AAs to fight alongside their friends in Polar, suggests that there was some dissension within our ranks over it. That is to be expected, given what many of us thought to be a questionable set of circumstances surrounding the onset.

Whether or not Taut had decided to honor the treaty before the declaration and was just being tight-lipped about it, is not clear. Taut was always one to play his cards fairly close to the chest despite that not being the wisest course of action when dealing with allies... if that was the case, it was a !@#$ move.

I am of the opinion that Taut was not just keeping mum, but had changed his mind. Taut is not around to defend himself, and I'm not in the habit of throwing anyone under the bus.. but, it seems to me that he was not the man for the job and choked.

Ok.. enough about us.
Have fun blowing !@#$ up.

So...back on target here.

o/VE for defending your allies.

o/Allies of Allies.

o/War.

o/NPO too. I am happy you, in the current culture that is planet Bob, are people of your word.

Have fun blowing one another up. It is supposed to be fun. ;)

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1340902541' post='2999410']
It's almost like I haven't been away for close to two years.
[/quote]

Where HAVE you been Dear Srqt? Good to see you're back. We needed a bit more class in these forums :)

oo/NPO
oo/Friends Near and far... Near... Far... Near... Far... (Grover impression... pretty impressive eh? :))

[quote name='deathcat' timestamp='1340946159' post='2999852']
Where HAVE you been Dear Srqt? Good to see you're back. We needed a bit more class in these forums :)

oo/NPO
oo/Friends Near and far... Near... Far... Near... Far... (Grover impression... pretty impressive eh? :))
[/quote]I LOL'd as I had a Sesame Street flashback!

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340897403' post='2999362']
I thought we already established a while ago that Taut played a number of people in the affair. Correct me if I'm wrong?
[/quote]

I honestly don't think Taut was ever deliberetly playing anyone (although at times he may of fudged various storys / lines to explain himself after the fact). In honesty I beleive he was a little shell shocked and didn't know what to do. He initially made a call thinking it was the right one then got hammered by membership at the idea of not defending an ally being hit and back peddled fast. Everyone was confused, nothing was planned well and a lot of people ended up feeling burnt. Taut fell on his sword within weeks and left this world.

A true snake / player etc would of hung around and lapped up the attention, Taut on the other hand couldn't step away from the spot light fast enough.

Edited by King Wally

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1340965121' post='2999934']
I honestly don't think Taut was ever deliberetly playing anyone (although at times he may of fudged various storys / lines to explain himself after the fact). In honesty I beleive he was a little shell shocked and didn't know what to do. He initially made a call thinking it was the right one then got hammered by membership at the idea of not defending an ally being hit and back peddled fast. Everyone was confused, nothing was planned well and a lot of people ended up feeling burnt. Taut fell on his sword within weeks and left this world.

A true snake / player etc would of hung around and lapped up the attention, Taut on the other hand couldn't step away from the spot light fast enough.
[/quote]

I really think you're right. I also kind of felt bad for him in a lot of ways. He made a serious of unfortunate decisions that ended up hurting a lot of people, but I don't think that was ever his intention at all.

[quote name='deathcat' timestamp='1340946159' post='2999852']We needed a bit more class in these forums :)[/quote]

[quote name='Comrade Goby' timestamp='1340949582' post='2999887']
NPO wipe out the VE scum[/quote]

Ha, these being back to back made me laugh.