Announcement from the Viridian Entente

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1340833483' post='2998716']
Well considering VE's allies were active in an offensive war solely based around destroying their eternal MADP partner, I'd say they made the right choice.
[/quote]

Got downgraded to an MDoAP if I read the wiki right.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340833992' post='2998729']
My apologies then, looking at it from that perspective, I think you did the best you could to please your current allies, just not the coalition you're helping. :v:
[/quote]

Mogar, maybe you should spend more time talking to our so called "coalition" and get them to help themselves, rather than talk about how VE can help you. Watching our "coalition" fight is an embarrassment. I guess the good news for me is as a large nation I will actually have nations to fight.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1340826777' post='2998585']
MK's war against CSN is the reason for the season. I'll be stunned if MK doesn't also have the pressure on to drop VE. They have been asking CnG alliances to drop treaties and they technically aren't even in that bloc.
[/quote]

Who did they ask us to drop? Just out of curiosity.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1340854182' post='2998987']
Well at least its not an Odyssey DoE.
[/quote]

That was actually a very interesting and fun topic. What does that have to do with a VE declaration of war? Please explain.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1340854605' post='2998996']
That was actually a very interesting and fun topic. What does that have to do with a VE declaration of war? Please explain.
[/quote]

Its unironic of course, that the topic was more interesting, fun, and successful, than the actual endeavor. But then again, with you at the helm, failure was the only option.

Also, counterpoint: What did "this is another PB will last forever post" have to do with the VE DoW?

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1340854755' post='2998998']
Its unironic of course, that the topic was more interesting, fun, and successful, than the actual endeavor.

Also, counterpoint: What did "this is another PB will last forever post" have to do with the VE DoW?
[/quote]

Lol no it wasn't more interesting, fun, or successful at accomplishing its goals.

Incase you missed it my post had to do with whether or not there was hatred within DH for either VE (the declaring party) or NPO (the party being declared on). I know you're ignorant, but come on you're better than this.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340833317' post='2998712']
you didn't ignore your treaties with the losing side like INT did, this makes you a bad boy and you are getting coal for Christmas.
[/quote]
Whatever I get for Christmas, I pay back sevenfold. And I think it's going to be something nice.

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1340855687' post='2999009']
AvT, come on now you are better than that.
[/quote]
You know me, you ought to be able to understand what i meant. Seriously now.

Tell me this, how does it feel to be able and willing to help out an ally who is outnumbered and needs that help?

How does it feel to be willing and able to rush to help your beleaguered ally while knowing it will not end well for your own self?

How does it feel to know that you would not change a thing about this decision given the same situation, regardless of hindsight?

Tell me Viridia. How does it feel to be willing and able to be living upto the adage "my word is my bond"?

Does it help you understand stuff? See more clearly? Sleep better? Cmon now, dont be shy, tell me.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1340856443' post='2999015']

Tell me this, how does it feel to be able and willing to help out an ally who is outnumbered and needs that help?

How does it feel to be willing and able to rush to help your beleaguered ally while knowing it will not end well for your own self?

How does it feel to know that you would not change a thing about this decision given the same situation, regardless of hindsight?

Tell me Viridia. How does it feel to be willing and able to be living upto the adage "my word is my bond"?

Does it help you understand stuff? See more clearly? Sleep better? Cmon now, dont be shy, tell me.
[/quote]
If you're referring to the PB-NpO War, then there's a clear difference. Namely that Taut led us to believe that RoK would fight on our side, and later went back on his word. By contrast, our allies knew our likely course of action from the beginning of this conflict. Had Taut told us from the beginning that RoK planned to defend NpO in that war, then that war may never have happened. We certainly valued our ties to RoK more than pursuing a spy, and we could've worked something out with NpO. The "word is my bond" is the key part in all of this.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1340856692' post='2999021']
If you're referring to the PB-NpO War, then there's a clear difference. Namely that Taut led us to believe that RoK would fight on our side, and later went back on his word. By contrast, our allies knew our likely course of action from the beginning of this conflict. Had Taut told us from the beginning that RoK planned to defend NpO in that war, then that war may never have happened. We certainly valued our ties to RoK more than pursuing a spy, and we could've worked something out with NpO. The "word is my bond" is the key part in all of this.
[/quote]
The good old days :(
How did we all end up here

Edited by Ogaden

[/quote]
There is a lot that should have been said at the time, and can still be said not that it would make a whit of a difference now.

OOC: I am pressed for time right now, i will look you up on irc someday, and we can talk then. Be good to catch up with old friends from time to time. Umm, if i do get on irc.. i am old and i forget stuff.

Had Taut told us from the beginning that RoK planned to defend NpO in that war, then that war may never have happened. We certainly valued our ties to RoK more than pursuing a spy, and we could've worked something out with NpO. The "word is my bond" is the key part in all of this.
[/quote]

Taut and Joe did tell you from the beginning. The fact that some of RoK's more substantial allies chose to ignore the notification, or simply seemed not to care removes any fault from Ragnarok. That's why it was so @#%^ed up for the rest of SF (Xiph) to go behind RoK's back and organize hits on the 'other' side of that war.

Honestly it may as well be ancient history at this point. At least have the humility to admit that these situations are eerily similar, even though this time you're the ones being bent over the barrel and shown the 50 states. :awesome:

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1340857302' post='2999029']
Taut and Joe did tell you from the beginning. The fact that some of RoK's more substantial allies chose to ignore the notification, or simply seemed not to care removes any fault from Ragnarok. That's why it was so @#%^ed up for the rest of SF (Xiph) to go behind RoK's back and organize hits on the 'other' side of that war.

Honestly it may as well be ancient history at this point. At least have the humility to admit that these situations are eerily similar, even though this time you're the ones being bent over the barrel and shown the 50 states. :awesome:
[/quote]

My only comment on this Rok crap is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1340856443' post='2999015']

[/quote]

I love you so.

Had Taut told us from the beginning that RoK planned to defend NpO in that war, then that war may never have happened. We certainly valued our ties to RoK more than pursuing a spy, and we could've worked something out with NpO. The "word is my bond" is the key part in all of this.
[/quote]

Biggest crock of !@#$ i've ever heard. We tried stopping this the moment we were told. In fact Taut's decision was enhanced by the general "Meh" we received from you when we tried to mediate.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1340857853' post='2999067']
My only comment on this Rok crap is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
[/quote]

You didn't exactly address my post in any clear fashion, and that is quite an interesting angle to take seeing as I was Ragnarok's MoFA at the time...

Like I said, please feel free to admit when you're wrong. I'm sure the rest of us would feel better knowing your head isn't completely buried in the sand.