He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin
He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp
Or to have his eyes gouged out and his elbows broken
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away
And all his limbs hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin
His head smashed in and his heart cut out
And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped and his bottom burnt off and his penis...
He is brave Sir Robin,
Brave Sir Robin who...
To fight and...............
Brave Sir Robin ran away
Bravely, ran away...away...
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out
Bravely talking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin[/quote]

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1340291026' post='2991837']
Sparta last war you had problems fighting the Pony alliance, what made you think fighting MK is going to be easier ? :lol1:
[/quote]

This is SPARTA's swan song, don't criticize them for it.

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1340294662' post='2991878']
i'm still reeling from the unmitigated power and force brought to bear against my alliance by the brave and mighty spartans
[/quote]

Spoken like a great warrior. A great warrior with no soldiers, no tanks, no ships, no planes, no tech, no nukes, and no chance.

[quote name='Artigo' timestamp='1340290822' post='2991831']
please come out of PM so I can defend MK
[/quote]

We can only hope. There was 1 target who I would have to remove some NS like you would but Umbrella took that.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1340291026' post='2991837']
Sparta last war you had problems fighting the Pony alliance, what made you think fighting MK is going to be easier ? :lol1:
[/quote]

This time there entire upper tier hit PM. Save them pixels they know they're in for a losing war. They miles well have just remained not in this war it would of saved everyone some laughs

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1340289261' post='2991813']
I really, [i]really[/i] hope this is their plan.
[/quote]
I have logs, unfortunately, about the "war plan" being implemented which amounts to just sit there getting wrecked so top tier enemy nations our out of range leaving the fight to smaller tier nations where a numerical advantage supposedly exists. Attrition and nations begging their leadership to end the war...I came up with VietSuperFriends because it will be basically like VietFan only self imposed.

You fungi are lucky no one listens to me or that the opposition is led by stat huggers and cowards. If an entire coalition were on board I would do a VietFungi and just tear you guys down for months even if it meant all coalition nations would be in peace mode and only coming out when it was there turn to fight to keep you well staggered and nuked. I wouldn't be afraid of your 70k+ nations. I would tear all MK nations down to well under 500 tech. MK crushed would be good even though it would lead to an eventual coalition defeat and the sacrifice of the coalition's top tiers. What other option is there? The current war plan sucks and building a bigger coalition to actually win a conventional war is years away if it ever happens at all.

No risk, no reward. This no risk business gets them rolled anyway, might as well do something different and effective while you're at it.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1340300116' post='2991957']
I have logs, unfortunately, about the "war plan" being implemented which amounts to just sit there getting wrecked so top tier enemy nations our out of range leaving the fight to smaller tier nations where a numerical advantage supposedly exists. Attrition and nations begging their leadership to end the war...I came up with VietSuperFriends because it will be basically like VietFan only self imposed.

You fungi are lucky no one listens to me or that the opposition is led by stat huggers and cowards. If an entire coalition were on board I would do a VietFungi and just tear you guys down for months even if it meant all coalition nations would be in peace mode and only coming out when it was there turn to fight to keep you well staggered and nuked. I wouldn't be afraid of your 70k+ nations. I would tear all MK nations down to well under 500 tech. MK crushed would be good even though it would lead to an eventual coalition defeat and the sacrifice of the coalition's top tiers. What other option is there? The current war plan sucks and building a bigger coalition to actually win a conventional war is years away if it ever happens at all.

No risk, no reward. This no risk business gets them rolled anyway, might as well do something different and effective while you're at it.
[/quote]
See, now [i]this[/i] would be an interesting enemy. Great post.

The feared Spartan war machine rolls out again :facepalm:

Instead of taking a opportunity to shed some of the well deserved views of your alliance's war skills you come out and make yourself look ridiculous again. I bet you are the pride and joy of your coalitions channel :facepalm:

[/quote]

Jaiar, your inability to not speak when you are not in the know is why you are in your current situation.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1340303817' post='2991991']
The feared Spartan war machine rolls out again :facepalm:

Instead of taking a opportunity to shed some of the well deserved views of your alliance's war skills you come out and make yourself look ridiculous again. I bet you are the pride and joy of your coalitions channel :facepalm:
[/quote]

I'm certain that their massive bomber fleets are even now warming up on the runway, preparing to bring death and destruction to the once mighty Mushroom Kingdom...

No, I'm honestly not getting it either. <_<

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1340304954' post='2991998']
I love all the hate in this thread.....especially when TLR only has 4 wars. Keep on hurpa durpin on, ya'll.

I think I know what's coming. :D
[/quote]

But TLR has a history of showing up for wars, do you?

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1340305213' post='2992001']
But TLR has a history of showing up for wars, do you?
[/quote]
I think you missed my point. :unsure:

EDIT: And come on bassman, don't be silly.

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1340304215' post='2991994']
I'm certain that their massive bomber fleets are even now warming up on the runway, preparing to bring death and destruction to the once mighty Mushroom Kingdom...

No, I'm honestly not getting it either. <_<
[/quote]
What's the rush, this war isn't going to end anytime soon

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1340304107' post='2991993']
Jaiar, your inability to not speak when you are not in the know is why you are in your current situation.
[/quote]

And what exactly, pray tell, is his current situation? From where most of us are sitting, he's in a better spot currently than NPL and the rest of SF are.

[/quote]
Yep. This post shows that the SF leadership wasn't watching NPO very carefully.

[quote name='Topside the Hun' timestamp='1340295787' post='2991893']
Spoken like a great warrior. A great warrior with no soldiers, no tanks, no ships, no planes, no tech, no nukes, and no chance.
[/quote]
yeah unlike you he's actually at war though right?

[/quote]
Oh I was just linked to this post.

While it does show initiative, it wouldn't actually have worked out the way you think because of a few misconceptions you've made (I don't know if you've had a large nation before so this properly isn't your fault). When large nations get knocked down to ~4k infra they have tiny bills compared to where they used to and their 1B+ warchests can last for months. The people they will be fighting will be 20-30k NS nations who have tiny warchests comparatively. Because of the tech difference, they get slaughtered and tend to turtle, nuking and sending CMs. In the end, the people 'winning' have a worse time of it because they actually have to be active etc.

Besides, tearing down MK nations to 500 tech, while it would take well over half a year on some (we have a large number of 10k+ tech nations), wouldn't be that effective. As we've been hearing [i]ad nauseum[/i] on these boards, "mk is a terrible alliance at war who have been propped up by their allies." While it's obviously not true, it does highlight the fact that we do have some rather excellent allies. If you're not attacking them (and remember, you can't because they've hugely dominant right now) then at the end of this war, we'll still be allied to them.

In addition to this, we have no incentive to go for peace with your guys. Going "VietSF" or whatever is all very well before the war starts, but it's a two way deal and you have to match us. We've consistently proven that we are probably the most active alliance on the planet (we still regularly have over half the alliance on irc at the same time during war, ~70 which I doubt anyone else could beat by numbers and almost no one could beat by percentage) and we are in a far better position to deal with an extended war than you are because we've had two of them post-karma.

So really, any VietSF attempt is futile and fundamentally flawed because you forget that you're dealing with mk who are rather good at this war and politics thing and you clearly aren't (because it appears that no one wants you in their coalition channels).