Invicta Car Wash

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1340005641' post='2987482']
Seriously Thrash, you are a reasonably smart guy. You may THINK what you said is true(I dont believe you REALLY think it), but it IS in fact not true. [b]You ARE there because of BFF ties.[/b][/quote]
[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1340005935' post='2987485']
TBH, I wouldnt call it rage. Allies of Europa can legit feel sorry for BFF being used for their ties. Its not ridiculous. This also, strategically, is a smart move, and I dont see many people denouncing that either. But for Admin's sake, to pretend like its not done to make counters "harder" is just disingenuous. War strategy is, and always will be, a chess game.[/quote]

[img]http://www.mythicjourneys.org/images/baby4.jpg[/img]

I'm sure INT has been hearing that a lot from you too :)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1340011821' post='2987507']
Both sides play the same game and both sides will keep denying the game exists.
[/quote]

I freely admit it if you ask me FC (not that you did, but i'm gonna tell you anyway!) ::grins::.

My reaction is as follows...
Anyone who thinks rnr and invicta were chosen at random from all the bloc mates and treaty partners of csn will get an eye-roll from me. Anyone who thinks the *counter* on RnR and Invicta will be chosen at random will also get an eye-roll. I've no problem at all with what the other 'side' did with rnr and invicta. It was smart and they deserve credit. In fact, if I was a betting man I would bet Xiph came up with it (and I mean that as a compliment because I consider Xiph a very smart player of the game and this a very smart move).

But as someone else said, lets not pretend it was random that *these* specific allies and no others hit MK. That's to play dumb.

I know i'm being hopelessly optimistic, but i'm going to try anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually have a fair and open conversation about the interesting political ramifications of the choice to have Invicta attack and what interesting choices that leaves MK and friends with rather than....

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1340022006' post='2987564']
[img]http://www.mythicjourneys.org/images/baby4.jpg[/img]

I'm sure INT has been hearing that a lot from you too :)
[/quote]

I mean honestly. People makes a fair and an intelligent observation about why Alliance X was chosen to hit and that it wasn't chance.... and that means they are crying like a baby? And people wonder why the intellectual discourse in this place isn't up to snuff when thats the response to a reasonable thoughtful post.

And yes yes before anyone brings it up: stupid generalizations, posts, and pr twisting happens on all sides in a war. That one just struck me cause it was the last one in this thread. I guarantee you can find just as much stupidity on both sides.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1340025364' post='2987577']
I mean honestly. People makes a fair and an intelligent observation about why Alliance X was chosen to hit and that it wasn't chance.... and that means they are crying like a baby? And people wonder why the intellectual discourse in this place isn't up to snuff when thats the response to a reasonable thoughtful post.

And yes yes before anyone brings it up: stupid generalizations, posts, and pr twisting happens on all sides in a war. That one just struck me cause it was the last one in this thread. I guarantee you can find just as much stupidity on both sides.[/quote]

You mad bro?

Context is everything, don't just look at the picture. Reading is fun too.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1340025364' post='2987577']
I freely admit it if you ask me FC (not that you did, but i'm gonna tell you anyway!) ::grins::.

My reaction is as follows...
Anyone who thinks rnr and invicta were chosen at random from all the bloc mates and treaty partners of csn will get an eye-roll from me. Anyone who thinks the *counter* on RnR and Invicta will be chosen at random will also get an eye-roll. I've no problem at all with what the other 'side' did with rnr and invicta. It was smart and they deserve credit. In fact, if I was a betting man I would bet Xiph came up with it (and I mean that as a compliment because I consider Xiph a very smart player of the game and this a very smart move).

But as someone else said, lets not pretend it was random that *these* specific allies and no others hit MK. That's to play dumb.

I know i'm being hopelessly optimistic, but i'm going to try anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually have a fair and open conversation about the interesting political ramifications of the choice to have Invicta attack and what interesting choices that leaves MK and friends with rather than....

And yes yes before anyone brings it up: stupid generalizations, posts, and pr twisting happens on all sides in a war. That one just struck me cause it was the last one in this thread. I guarantee you can find just as much stupidity on both sides.
[/quote]

I don't think you're going to find open and honest debate from a lot of the people when the tone has been set by the insanely obnoxious "WE DID IT FOR DAVE93" posting and ragging on the zeal guy.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1340027849' post='2987619']
Now Invicta finally gets to get absolutely destroyed. Take care, it was nice knowing you.
[/quote]

So much hate :(

All this hatred, bring it out for your own good!

Now Invicta finally gets to get absolutely destroyed. Take care, it was nice knowing you.
[/quote]

At least they're doing something constructive :)

Edit: In a manner of speaking, that is.

Edited by BKlein

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1340005641' post='2987482']
Seriously Thrash, you are a reasonably smart guy. You may THINK what you said is true(I dont believe you REALLY think it), but it IS in fact not true. You ARE there because of BFF ties.
[/quote]

Let's see whether you guys will support one alliance's aggression over the other. :)

Cheers to all our friends and allies. :wub:

[/quote]
Oh darph, you try so hard. :P

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1339999644' post='2987373']
Had to laugh at being told my place by the guy that got put in his by Kaskus shortly before his bloc imploded in his face.
[/quote]
Xiphosis has experience in watching things implode in his face and is, in fact, an expert on the matter.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1339999644' post='2987373']
Had to laugh at being told my place by the guy that got put in his by Kaskus shortly before his bloc imploded in his face.
[/quote]
Surely you're not so blind as to miss that we lost nothing as a result of PB's collapse? Regardless, best of luck, you're going to need all the luck you can get in the interesting times to come. :ehm:

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1340125339' post='2988938']
Invicta, I do wish you guys would be on the winning side of a war for a change :(
[/quote]
if they were, no one would remember, like literally last war...