Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334335670' post='2952263']
Depends on how obvious it was said tech dealer was protected, eg, bio protection and all. You could have indeed come away with reps. That's not what you did though, you doubled down and sent war aid to the targets rather than working to get the wars peaced out like civilized alliances do.
[/quote]

Sard, I like you buddy, but don't ever start believing your own bull !@#$.

Edited by Courland

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1334335741' post='2952264']
Look, you declared the war, you can un-declare it. Own it.
[/quote]
What did anything I said have anything to do with not owning the war? I was merely replying to JA's continued accusations that we are not doing everything we can to bring this to a reasonable end.

[quote name='Courland' timestamp='1334335794' post='2952265']
Sard, I like you buddy, but don't ever start believing your own bull !@#$.
[/quote]
Sir, I'm the leader of a civilized alliance, and in civilized alliances we hold diplomatic standards. Paying out reps for hitting protected targets is something we have done on many occasions. Not so much recently, because of refinements to our raiding approval system, but there you go.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334335925' post='2952267']
What did anything I said have anything to do with not owning the war? I was merely replying to JA's continued accusations that we are not doing everything we can to bring this to a reasonable end.
[/quote]
You aren't. I certainly know it and Johnny is not an idiot, either.

Sir, [b]I'm the leader of a civilized alliance, and in civilized alliances we hold diplomatic standards.[/b] Paying out reps for hitting protected targets is something we have done on many occasions. Not so much recently, because of refinements to our raiding approval system, but there you go.
[/quote]

Sard, i've got a lot of respect for you being able to control those members of yours over there and actually make GOONs into an alliance rather than just a group of Something Awful but seriously you gotta stop stretching the truth so much

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334335925' post='2952267']Sir, I'm the leader of a civilized alliance, and in civilized alliances we hold diplomatic standards. Paying out reps for hitting protected targets is something we have done on many occasions. Not so much recently, because of refinements to our raiding approval system, but there you go.
[/quote]

You heard it here first.

MONGOLS agrees to pay GOONS 18 million dongs for aiding their raid target, and GOONS agrees to pay MONGOLS 18 million dongs for shoving raiders in all three holes of a protected tech dealer.

WAR OVER.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

:awesome:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334334501' post='2952251']
I'm assuming you hold a good amount of influence in Umbrella, you used to be the leader for a while if I recall correctly (You might still be leader, although I haven't been keeping up with who's leading Umbrella). If you guys want this war to end, there is an easy way to do it. Give GOONS an ultimatum to agree to peace with Kaskus/Mongols without seeking reps, if they refuse they can fight Kaskus/Mongols on their own to try getting their blood money. You guys making sure GOONS don't need to pay reps or surrender is providing more than enough help to them considering they got themselves into this mess, but GOONS can't expect you guys to keep supporting them in seeking to gain something from the war that your own alliance wouldn't seek if you were in their position.
[/quote]

I stepped down from gov quite recently.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334335080' post='2952257']
They [I]did[/I] get the same deal, before the war started. Equal amount of reps to aid sent to targets. They refused. That's why the war began in the first place.

That's what we've been trying to do, we even tried to take their pathetic offer of 150m, but they refused. So stop putting this !@#$ on us.
[/quote]

You just don't get it do you? You're both being pigheaded about this so be the bigger person and stop dragging other people along for your ride, I told you this the other night.

[/quote]

You're doing everything that you want to do, not everything that you can do.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334288563' post='2951805']

This however has dragged on long enough, it's time for peace through superior firepower.
[/quote]

DH wasnt enough? or was it that MK laughed off your request for help from them so you slithered off to PB. I notice their total lack of war and knowing MK they know this is too pathetic for them to bother.

An alliance the size of goonS should have had firepower to burn.

Edited by Alterego

This isn't really an embarrassment to GOONS or PB. The matchup issue has been covered and PB coming in like this makes sense as they will be able to handle this practically effortlessly. The only potential embarrassment here is the poor performance of MK thus far. People tend not to consider the reasons when passing judgement.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1334336356' post='2952270']
Sard, i've got a lot of respect for you being able to control those members of yours over there and actually make GOONs into an alliance rather than just a group of Something Awful but seriously you gotta stop stretching the truth so much
[/quote]
I doubt I'll get many people coming out of the woodwork saying "Yes, I got reps from GOONS when they hit one of our protected targets", but I can assure you, we are not so unreasonable as to not pay our fair share.
[quote]
You just don't get it do you? You're both being pigheaded about this so be the bigger person and stop dragging other people along for your ride, I told you this the other night.

You're doing everything that you want to do, not everything that you can do.
[/quote]
What would you have me do JA? Give them white peace? Ask if their joke offer of 36M was serious?

Not just no, hell no. We've given more than they've deserved. They haven't given us anything.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334337137' post='2952280']What would you have me do JA? Give them white peace? Ask if their joke offer of 36M was serious?

Not just no, hell no. We've given more than they've deserved. They haven't given us anything.
[/quote]

Do your fingers ever bleed from strumming that fiddle?

Edited by Courland

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1334329858' post='2952205']
For instance, if GOONS have called MK-NG instead (which would be more logical because of the mid-tier and their feelings towards Kaskus-Mongols) they would risk giving an excuse to a dozen alliances that want to get a piece of MK/NG. Is that too difficult to understand? and for the sparta haters, do something about, blah blah blah, no, I don't speak for my alliance.
[/quote]

What exactly are NG's feelings toward Kaskus/Mongols?

Sir, I'm the leader of a civilized alliance, and in civilized alliances we hold diplomatic standards. Paying out reps for hitting protected targets is something we have done on many occasions. Not so much recently, because of refinements to our raiding approval system, but there you go.
[/quote]
This is a joke right? There is nothing civilized about how GOONS does things, attacking random nations, forcing them to try getting peace at your mercy board while your members throw insults at them, try extorting huge reps by asking for help from your allies, etc. You are allied to a few civilized alliances who do well, such as Umbrella, which is the only reason you guys haven't been wiped off the map. However being allied to an alliance such as yours keeps dragging down the reputations of all the civilized alliances you're allied to, until eventually they will want to distance themselves from your uncivilized way of doing things or eventually be grouped together with you guys as needing to be cleansed from the world alongside you guys.

They will eventually get annoyed with footing GOONS bills, MK seems to have already realized this and are asking for tech in return for war aid now. How long is it before Umbrella nudges the runt off the litter of her tit?

Furthermore, grumble, grumble more blocs needed and more NS needed to handle the beast who is Kaskus/Mongols

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1334326331' post='2952169']
Ah Gre, full of disapproving words, sadly lacking in action.
[/quote]

Wow I'm amazed you are alive after that Legion curb stomping.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334337137' post='2952280']
I doubt I'll get many people coming out of the woodwork saying "Yes, I got reps from GOONS when they hit one of our protected targets", but I can assure you, we are not so unreasonable as to not pay our fair share.[/quote]

Some time last year when I was FA, Tetris was offered 3m reps from GOONS over some dumb noob y'all had, but we didn't want any/didn't accept. Not sure if that counts. :v:

Edited by Hereno