A Joint Statement from Kaskus and Mongols

[center][size="5"][b]A WORLD WHERE WE ALL CHOOSE FREELY[/b][/size][/center]
[center][size="4"][b]I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul.[/b][/size][/center]
[code]In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus, by William Ernest Henley (1849-1903).
[/code]

Dear esteemed citizens of Planet Bob,

This week we witnessed yet another war which disturbs the peace and harmony of our dear world. It is truly unfortunate that we have to find ourselves fighting against the mighty force of GOONS, but as the war comes, we do not run.

We would not argue with you about who started this war and who to blame for this unfortunate little incident. It is simple a series of choices, a series of decisions, made by the conscious minds, guided by their conscience and motivated by their own free wills.

A member of GOONS chose to attack a free nation, who happened to be a friend of Mongols. Member of Mongols chose to help the poor nation with a little drop of aid. The GOONS, backed by their impressive military forces, chose to demand excessive reparation for "aiding the raid victim", or else. Mongols chose else, GOONS chose to attack, and Kaskus chose to defend.

At any point, any of us could have made different decisions and things would have been different. GOONS could have chosen to agree to the smaller reparation amount from Mongols. Mongols could have chosen to bow to the ridiculous demand. Kaskus could have chosen to abandon Mongols, and so on.

Nothing is wrong with all these choices. We chose our own fate by the decision we made. We do not know about the GOONS, but we at Kaskus and Mongols have no regret. We know what we are getting into, and we step in proudly and bravely. It is truly a waste to let everyday passed by without doing anything. Here, we are doing something.

We understand that many alliances out there are waiting for the perfect time to do something. Many of them are hesitate to put themselves in the front line, right in the middle of the conflict. For some reason, these alliances prefer to sit on the sideline and wait. Wait for the main player to start the game for them so that they can participate. They play other people’s game, instead of playing their own game. They do not fight for something they actually believe in. We sincerely hope that one day they find their way and become the proud captains of their own soul.

For those of you, alliances or nations alike, who have recovered your soul, congratulations!

[center][b]We, whose heads are bloody but unbowed, the proud captains of our soul,[/b]
[i]Agroshadow, Akuang, Baby Fark McGeezax, Blackorchid, Blastasy, CollegeKid13, Courland, Death from Above82, DoctorEvil, Fasser, First Lord, Gantanx, Guncang23, Horizon, Jeff123, Jericholeimena, JohnnyMadDog, Khacrutz, KingKyleTheGreat, Laskar Pelangi, LOLman789789, Lord Bitburg, Lord Caparo, Lord Erding, Michae1, Nashorn, Reistopher, RoseWhite, Rotory Master, Semutjoget, Sgt Gus, Sigelopisan, Suryanto Tan, Swatch0, The Thumb, Unknown Smurf, Votomax, Whitelily.[/i][/center]

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1332430155' post='2941617']
Do we really need a third venue of discussion for this conflict? You are not the first, and certainly will not be the last, to pledge "eternal war" on GOONS.
[/quote]

Eternal war? Nothing is eternal! There is time for everything.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1332429460' post='2941611']

At any point, any of us could have made different decisions and things would have been different. GOONS could have chosen to agree to the smaller reparation amount from Mongols.
[/quote]
First of all, no we couldn't have, because no such offer from mongols was ever made. You really need to work on unifying your message, and keeping it grounded in facts.

Secondly, you're not going to dissuade us with flowery posts espousing the virtues of eternal war and oh how honorable you are to not pay what we are owed.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1332431934' post='2941638']
First of all, no we couldn't have, because no such offer from mongols was ever made. You really need to work on unifying your message, and keeping it grounded in facts.

Secondly, you're not going to dissuade us with flowery posts espousing the virtues of eternal war and oh how honorable you are to not pay what we are owed.
[/quote]

Your sense of entitlement is really good, you know, considering. Others would have seen your claim to be extremely ridiculous, but I will let it pass. There is no honor in not paying something we actually owed. But, whether we actually owe you or not, that is something we will have yet to discuss.

You seem to miss the point of my post, friend.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1332432553' post='2941643']
Your sense of entitlement is really good, you know, considering. Others would have seen your claim to be extremely ridiculous, but I will let it pass. There is no honor in not paying something we actually owed. But, whether we actually owe you or not, that is something we will have yet to discuss.

You seem to miss the point of my post, friend.
[/quote]
Oh I got your point. You're trying to rally people against us. Good luck with that.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Captain Spock' timestamp='1332430841' post='2941627']
I don't get it.
Maybe it was because i was too lazy to read that !@#$.
[/quote]

Yeah, a lack of understanding generally follows not reading something. Nice post !@#$head, hopefully in the future you'll be too lazy to hit the "reply" button as well.

Good luck with this, Couscous and Mongrels.

Edited by Baron Flynt

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1332433888' post='2941655']
How many announcements are you going to make that say nothing? This is just repeating why you're fighting the war.
[/quote]

So it says something doesn't it? :awesome:
Nice announcement btw
o/ Kaskus!

A nicely written post, but I feel the sentiment is ruined by the biased portrayal of events.

If you wish to make a point about free will and the necessity of choices, it would be much more powerful to make it from a more neutral point of view. As it is, alongside the main message you're also trying to piggyback a justification for Mongols and Kaskus, while vilifying GOONS. While I obviously see the incentive for doing so, this dilutes the message, and will do nothing but cause arguments unrelated to it.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1332429460' post='2941611']
Here, we are doing something.
[/quote]

And what, is that, exactly? I don't get this ivory tower, anti-goons line of thinking coming from a bunch of raiders. I think more people would be inclined to join you if you didn't look so hypocritical, judging by the Mongol blood on both of our hands. At least ours came after diplomacy failed and no options remained. Yours was just good old fashioned bushwhacking of someone who couldn't defend themselves against you.

The truth is, we're a convenient target for all this, just like you saw Mongols. Of all the alliances that tech raid, we're probably the softest; and it's something a dozen alliances and more have tried to take advantage of before. And now you grandstand like you're entering some great crusade for good when in reality, you're just taking the easy route.

You're doing something alright, and from where I'm sitting, it's trying to talk your way out of a disastrous situation.