Paraguas Announcements

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1331403799' post='2936479']
How will you track recruits? I could be interested.
[/quote]

Basically, it'd say who they were referred by when they apply. There would have to be interaction between the person who is talking to them and the recruit, obviously.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1331401963' post='2936469']
I'll be shocked if this works. It's not like 2007 where we had more players registering each day.
[/quote]

How do you think we gained 50 nations in a month?

It's still doable, just needs effort.

Also not elgible :Sad:

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1331406424' post='2936494']
How do you think we gained 50 nations in a month?

It's still doable, just needs effort.

Also not elgible :Sad:
[/quote]

You're an enormous alliance that has the capability to offer incentives to every nation coming into the game. (I don't know what you do, but noobs can easily get this impression).
You have a dedicated and experienced team of recruiters.
You have treaties and a position in this game that offers protection.

These things make you a very enticing alliance to join in comparison to only a few other alliances out there. As a result you're able to scoop up quite a lot of the new rulers.

It's a lot different when it is people recruiting for another alliance. Especially in the circumstance that Paraguas is in. They are not strong, they do not have strong treaty connections, they cannot offer great monetary incentives, etc. It is also extremely detached and awkward to be recruited by someone not even in the alliance offering you all the "great rewards to be had."

You'd be a fool to assume new rulers do not look at these things. A lot of us joined our very first alliances because we offered $50k.

This system might have worked in 2007, but that's because there were a lot more rulers joining and VE actually was well established and could offer solid monetary benefits.

Just my $.02

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1331410988' post='2936527']
You're an enormous alliance that has the capability to offer incentives to every nation coming into the game. (I don't know what you do, but noobs can easily get this impression).
You have a dedicated and experienced team of recruiters.
You have treaties and a position in this game that offers protection.

These things make you a very enticing alliance to join in comparison to only a few other alliances out there. As a result you're able to scoop up quite a lot of the new rulers.

It's a lot different when it is people recruiting for another alliance. Especially in the circumstance that Paraguas is in. They are not strong, they do not have strong treaty connections, they cannot offer great monetary incentives, etc. It is also extremely detached and awkward to be recruited by someone not even in the alliance offering you all the "great rewards to be had."

You'd be a fool to assume new rulers do not look at these things. A lot of us joined our very first alliances because we offered $50k.

This system might have worked in 2007, but that's because there were a lot more rulers joining and VE actually was well established and could offer solid monetary benefits.

Just my $.02
[/quote]

Sure.
I think you're underestimating a couple things:

A. The amount of Micro-management Roquentin has done / is successful at. (I think he de-emphasizes recruitment because of a perceived lack of value/effort worth his time than having not enough messages to do so.)
B. The motivation behind Paraguas to actively recruit and flourish. They simply have more will than others to accomplish it.

I guess considering you've really only been in non-recruiting alliances and I the opposite there'll be some disagreement. I've had the pleasure of working in two of the best Recruitment corps. in the game. There is an argument that merely getting x recruits isn't that impressive if they're all untrained stooges, and there's some merit to this. I'll disagree with a few of the points you made, as there are significant advantages a large alliance has but a dedicated team of recruiters isn't inherently a Different or Better competitive advantage. It realistically takes 1-2 people willing to send 120 messages/day, or less. The commitment and motivation just needs to be there. For instance, smaller alliances have equally had success with such endeavors.

For example, Deinos started from scratch and was able to recruit impressively. They have opted to slow their growth in favor of growing what they have (a wise choice, fitting their allies' culture and p much just a good idea overall,) but if they wanted they could flip the switch (...kind of literally, ironically,) if they wanted to recruit again.

IRON actually doesn't offer any incentive at all other than protection and treaties, something nearly every alliance has. We only offer access to good nation building guides, friendship, and the availability of nation funding programs upon completion of their academy stint. Most alliances offer some sort of financial aid but many also have vigorous academies (I won't claim IRON as being one of the toughest, but it's certainly up there in that if you do not make any attempt to complete it or no progress within a week or two, you will be demasked, given 24-48 hours to leave the AA or be attacked.)

Also, new nations tend to not just join random alliances and are spammed by nearly AA in the game upon entering. More often than not, the first message actually does very little to entice "good," players from joining your alliance. There is more that can be done than just that initial message though that tends to bring the bacon home.

Edit: Also, Recruitment really isn't a competitive advantage of an alliance. It's like nation building. So long as you follow the script you're going to get results.

Edited by IYIyTh

Deinos did raw recruiting from 40 to 220. It's certainly possible, it just takes people who are both good at it and incredibly dedicated, as well as an incredible degree of infrastructure to process the new members and then go about retaining them.

Paraguas currently has 11 members. Let's see how this turns out?

I can't abet you, Roq, but I'll do external metrics.

Edited by Instr

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1331422582' post='2936608']
Myth, real question: why don't you join Paraguas?
[/quote]

This would be pretty much the same as me asking you why you don't join another alliance. I like where I'm at, have a decent fast career in government and am already well-established. I've got friends in IRON and I'm here for life, if it's in the cards.

(Might as well get used to it.)

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1331428576' post='2936622']
This would be pretty much the same as me asking you why you don't join another alliance. I like where I'm at, have a decent fast career in government and am already well-established. I've got friends in IRON and I'm here for life, if it's in the cards.

[/quote]
There were so many ways I could go with this I feel overwhelmed.

I'll just go with offering my condolences to IRON's Foreign Affairs staff.

Considering the people you have in MK, anything offensive said by Myth is like nothing compared to what you and your members regularly get away with. I think Myth has his reasons for being in IRON and I actually wouldn't want him to join.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1331437579' post='2936672']

[/quote]

Slander and Libel is so 2011. Get with the times and look in the mirror.

"Our alliance literally makes things up about people and trashes them to hell, but Myth is problematic for IRON's FA department, because he says things we don't like." :qq:

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1331428576' post='2936622']

[/quote]
Oh, it's mostly that I felt my question was, at least, partly relevant to the thread (we are talking about Paraguas trying to recruit) and I thought of you as a natural fit for that alliance in specific, given that you seem to be in very good terms with Roquentin and how he views the world (which goes a long way towards how his alliance will behave in FA).

I have no problem with you in IRON. We haven't really talked and I'm personally out of government. IRON is kind of a big home to people from many different horizons and I'm sure there's a niche for you.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1331458297' post='2936756']
Oh, it's mostly that I felt my question was, at least, partly relevant to the thread (we are talking about Paraguas trying to recruit) and I thought of you as a natural fit for that alliance in specific, given that you seem to be in very good terms with Roquentin and how he views the world (which goes a long way towards how his alliance will behave in FA).

I have no problem with you in IRON. We haven't really talked and I'm personally out of government. IRON is kind of a big home to people from many different horizons and I'm sure there's a niche for you.
[/quote]

You'll have to excuse me then as the overwhelming inquiries of this sort insinuate that it is impossible for two people in different alliances to have similar viewpoints, experiences, and/or ideals. More often than not with the thinly veiled or not veiled at all attempt at sowing discord. That they're simple and natural ideals only makes it that much more easier to agree with and criticize those without the ability to even do so little as open their mind for what is right, let alone their mouths.

If anything, I think it's funny that Roquentin is not asked to join me. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3xXlXSOKk"]It's all been done before[/url]. ;)

I'm not a hard person to get a hold of. You should stop by the forums more often. As for a niche, I wouldn't worry about me. I'm [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9RBdazusoU"]truly unique.[/url]

Also, I'll be more interested in seeing how recruitment works out here given the double edge sword of needing recruits and at the same time finding the right people to fit this particular alliance's culture.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1331437579' post='2936672']

[/quote]

IRON's Council has been its Government since forever, present line-up is this:
[quote]
MCRABT, Blaskowicz, Salmia, Dodoei123, Queltocz, Matt Miller, Curufinwe, Theophilos, Shan Revan.[/quote]

There are several departments with several officers but Council is the only government with authority to chart out policy and comment officially. It has been like this forever. I hope that clarifies it for everyone.

Best Regards.

I think you misunderstood him.

He's not making what would have been a facetious comment about feigned concern for IRON and its well-being. He has clearly made the claim that IRON is incapable of being a sovereign actor and incapable of making its own decisions for itself, directly in response to how I'm here and doing well...much to he and I'm sure countless others' chagrin.

That and the feeling that being able to think for myself is a form of leprosy or something. There's also the unintentionally hilarious suggestion that any alliance or individual from the outside has any standing with/in IRON affairs, lest we delve into the character of whom is actually making such comments and for what purpose.

In CN terms I'm just a baby at IRON.

Patience is the greatest of all virtues.

Edited by IYIyTh

What need does IRON have to care about what MK thinks? MK loved to go to town on them before. It's all a matter of convenience as to what MK thinks of IRON. IRON can have any stance towards MK it wants, for MK has nothing on them. Same goes for arexes, though, especially the going to town thing.

What is MK going to do to IRON? Not a damn thing, so MK's opinion of Myth is irrelevant.

Edited by Roquentin