Paraguas Announcements

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1331485739' post='2936850']
Thank you for opting-out on a event that you are not forced to participate in. Armed guards will arrive momentarily to force you to do it anyway, if any other optional things are there to be done you will be the first to be contacted so you can again complain about absolutely nothing.
[/quote]

I laughed. This is pretty much it though. Probably one of the most bizzare criticisms I've seen for Roq.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1331484606' post='2936845']
rsox, please. You know how this works. I wish we could just put everything on the table in one place. It's far too hard to answer openly without blurring some lines. I noticed a new [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=211&showentry=3394"]blog entry[/url] so maybe that will shine some more light. I think it is safe to say there are 2 competing approaches in play in how reactions to this contest are shared. One is legitimate and the other is not.
[/quote]
Not entirely sure what you're trying to say. Avakael is accepted into the MK Academy but I don't get what he has to do with Paraguas.

EDIT: Brickyard: Voice of the Kingdom.

Edited by rsoxbronco1

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1331485873' post='2936852']

EDIT: Brickyard: Voice of the Kingdom.
[/quote]

I'm confused.
Is there no longer any an implicit denial that this sort of behavior exists at all?
Is there some ironic implication that you don't see an issue with this individuals words as a problem but when I speak openly about the idea that generally most of the game would find it abhorable it's considered toxic?

Or is this suggesting what is already known, that this sort of behavior is actually actively encouraged by your alliance?

Which irony?

Except we all know where Leet said that I am enough of a nuisance to actively remove from the chessboard entirely. See, the thing is, at the end of the day, I am a threat and they all know it. That's why I talk so big. The reason is I don't really get anywhere with backchannels, so I usually have to do it out here because it can't be ignored. Everything I said is true, but for some reason someone who consistently tells the truth has a credibility problem when his detractors are mostly people who'll tell outright lies when it suits them.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1331478217' post='2936806']Most recruiters will often find that not everyone they recruit will have the same tastes. For example, a neutral alliance recruiter will have trouble finding people in their niche and can forward a recommendation. Some nation leaders enjoy small, yet active alliances; a sanctioned alliance won't keep these members and can forward such people to Paraguas. I know a few people who ask new nations which alliances suit them, they could forward a recommendation.[/quote]

Good. Creative thinking. Most new people, from my experience, don't have a clue what they want and will give a lot of credit to their first alliance, especially if provided with assistance in some form or another (not just money - advice also). However there are a few exceptions and a good recruiter, in my opinion, will listen and if it doesn't fit their alliance, will give suggestions.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1331478217' post='2936806']If you're looking for tech sellers, an easy way to find them is to recruit. Whether or not it's for your alliance.[/quote]

Yes. And building relationships in any way can be useful regardless if one is in the same alliance or not.

Anyway, Leet Guy is a pretty terrible person overall. That is why I want to see him and his alliance burn. In addition, I also made a thread at NoR's forums basically saying the same stuff with some added info and no replies or questions. That's just how it goes, I guess. So when I have people like Avakael here come in, attack the recruitment competition, and then join MK and try to defend such people when he was upset over similar stuff, it's just ridiculous.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331465193' post='2936763']
What need does IRON have to care about what MK thinks? MK loved to go to town on them before. It's all a matter of convenience as to what MK thinks of IRON. IRON can have any stance towards MK it wants, for MK has nothing on them. Same goes for arexes, though, especially the going to town thing.

What is MK going to do to IRON? Not a damn thing, so MK's opinion of Myth is irrelevant.
[/quote]
We've been keeping up active communications and our relations with IRON have been cordial at least for the last year or so.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1331487001' post='2936859']
I'm confused.
Is there no longer any an implicit denial that this sort of behavior exists at all?
Is there some ironic implication that you don't see an issue with this individuals words as a problem but when I speak openly about the idea that generally most of the game would find it abhorable it's considered toxic?

Or is this suggesting what is already known, that this sort of behavior is actually actively encouraged by your alliance?

Which irony?
[/quote]
We don't tend to hold back on our forums. People don't usually say those kinds of things intending for it to be taken literally. He was t****ing you.

Edited by Azaghul

Simply because it has been in your interest to do so, Azaghul. So SF was a common enemy, and it made sense. The TOP treaty also facilitated communication. That is it. Want me to go back and find the posts about how MCRABT is a moron or something by you guys?

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1269539392' post='2236432']
Nay, the mental heavyweight Mcrabt is by far their best asset.
[/quote]

You don't hold back on your forums and your true colors shine through.

I mean, Ardus went to Valhalla's forums and that doesn't mean MK likes them.

The thread that post is from is full of examples of what MK really thinks of IRON when IRON doesn't suit their agenda.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1331500452' post='2936938']
MK does something, Roquentin disapproves: News at 11.
[/quote]

Roq does something, MK disapproves: News at 11.

Roq exists, MK disapproves.

Roq doesn't match up with MK's caprice entirely and therefore he is bad and is afraid of fighting Fark.

How dare allied leadership not agree with us 100% and actually refuse to carry our water? Very awful. Let's trash the !@#$ out of him when he can't respond and act like he has no legit grievances with us! - MK

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1331479892' post='2936816']
Having a bunch of morons who would do and/or say anything to harm my well being (and yours, just as soon,) being upset with me is a small price to pay for saying and/or doing what is right.

One of these days it'll click. ^_^
[/quote]
You know, it's probably not a good idea to make a pretension-laden post against your better in IRON in full view on the OWF.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331498877' post='2936928']
Simply because it has been in your interest to do so, Azaghul. So SF was a common enemy, and it made sense. The TOP treaty also facilitated communication. That is it. Want me to go back and find the posts about how MCRABT is a moron or something by you guys?

The thread that post is from is full of examples of what MK really thinks of IRON when IRON doesn't suit their agenda.
[/quote]
Having worked with MK for so long, I can say with confidence they harbor no significant ill will toward IRON, though they might not like certain treaty partners of them :v:.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1331501533' post='2936945']
I think Roq's point is that MK sees IRON as a tool they need. If IRON aren't with them, MK are in trouble.
[/quote]
MK is in no danger of being rolled, be it by an amusing microalliance led by a traitorous former allied leader, or otherwise.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331498877' post='2936928']

[/quote]
A lot of our members didn't like TOP at one point. At one point we were allied to GOD. Things change.

Edited by Azaghul

Again, pragmatism.

Haha. With friends like MK, you don't need enemies. You do realize there's a certain pecularity about an alliance with several outstanding CBs on it? They can be acted upon at any time.

But yes, everyone should be a good little boy like OsRavan and cave to MK even if they don't like it. 1337 even made a point out of it "even if they disagree they always go to bat."

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331502522' post='2936958']
Again, pragmatism.[/quote]

We've never been exclusively pragmatic. If we were always pragmatic we wouldn't have done a lot of things: cancelled all of our treaties, signed with TOP like we did, been part of the chorus pushing for the last war, entered into or used nukes in noCB, in all periods given our members free reign on these boards, preempted NPO, etc.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1331503850' post='2936966']
I'm sure flak will enjoy the cameo but, seriously, that post is two years old.
[/quote]
Next you know he'll be finding quotes about how TOP are stat huggers or NPO is the hegemony.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote]We don't tend to hold back on our forums. People don't usually say those kinds of things intending for it to be taken literally. He was t****ing you.
[/quote]

What you don't understand are people take that crap literally, and therefore things of such nature shouldn't be said...much less put on a banner and spread to the world.

[quote]Really? That's your stance?

Does NPO literally enjoy the taste of infants? [/quote]

I'm sorry for the fact that I was born with common sense; something you seem to be lacking.
Going around telling people to kill themselves just shows how low of a life you live. Take this game way to seriously.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1331501049' post='2936943']
[img]http://thepeoplescube.com/images/images_working/reuters/BaghdadBob.gif[/img][/quote]

The world is so scared!

Also, it is kind of amazing how quick the slander brigade came in to attempt to make a recruitment competition about themselves.

Edited by IYIyTh

Anyway, if people are finally willing to cut me some slack since I explained why I'm a bog!@#$ or gob!@#$(they mean the same thing), I promise you this: those who would do you or your DR allies harm will die screaming. Same goes for those who don't like mass raiding, or TLR, or whatever. I beg for some understanding as to the openness of the crusade that turns some people off. It's just that I really am tired of their !@#$. I am an enemy and disturber of the tranquility of the world, apparently.

No, seriously, I have it all planned out, it just needs people to sign on to it like MCRABT. D: I can wait, though. It'd be the opposite of the "hard fought" victory, in essence.

In addition, you can still join the competition if you aren't deterred by Avakael. Destiny avolge.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1331507935' post='2936995']
The world is so scared!

Also, it is kind of amazing how quick the slander brigade came in to attempt to make a recruitment competition about themselves.
[/quote]
The irony of this post is just too much.

I think it worked out pretty well. I got to make some Napoleonic references and more GoT.

Also Sardonic, with regards to all the traitor stuff: turnabout is fair play. :P

Also there will be brackets and bets for the BLE competition. More tech to win!

Additionally, happy birthday to Xavii and Jenko! Kind of random, but thought I'd tone down the drama.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1331507935' post='2936995']
The world is so scared!

[/quote]
I think you should spend a little more time researching the words "slander" and "libel" before you pepper them into your posting. It's not slander to say that MK has nothing to fear from detractors like yourself, and silly micro-alliances.

And for the last time, you do not represent "the world", "the world" does not share your views, get over yourself.

Edited by Sardonic