Paraguas Announcements

[center][img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/umb/Paraguas_flag.png[/img]
[/center]

Okay, so this is going to seem a bit unorthodox or just plain weird, but Methax told me he did external recruiting for VE for a price when he was in Atlantis or something. I don't know jack !@#$ about recruiting, to be honest. Recently, we made the decision to actually recruit new nations. The competition will work this way: who ever gets the most people to apply(minimum of 20 for this prize) will win eternal tech for their nation.(900 tech every month, in other words). Second place gets 1200 tech. Third place gets 900 tech. Fourth 600.

The competition will run 30 days.

[b]Requirements for entry[/b]:

Not currently serving as government for another alliance
Extensive recruitment experience
Documentation of all recruitment activity to be posted in a private subforum on Paraguas' boards

Also, to give these kinds of things a more positive spin, I am starting a Best Leader Ever competition and you can't nominate me or anyone in Paraguas.

Everything is at http://paraguas.ipbhost.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, you got there at a very different time. There was no gov mobility when I was there and that's pretty much acknowledged all around. You didn't get active in alliance participation until the old guard was removed like two and a half years later and I was screwed over by the people who devised the position I acted in.

In addition, I accomplished a lot more in a year after leaving MK than I would have by staying.

Edited by Roquentin

Thin skin, thick skin, sexy skin or no skin, no matter the differences we have or the politics between us and any other alliance, the potential benefits here, win or lose, are all positive.

Worst case scenario: you get some noobs who will send your upper tier 50 tech every 10 days.

[quote]I disagree. I was a government member at 15 days old, an alliance leader at 60 days old, a 1 million NS+ alliance leader at 170 days old, a 5 million NS+ alliance leader at 400 days old, and so on. I think I accomplished a fair amount. I could also point to other people like Hoo who became major alliance leaders pretty quick. Roquentin was a relatively unknown MK member before he became leader of Umbrella. It does take a lot of work and dedication to rise to the level of politically influential alliance leader, but it is certainly possible, and lesser degrees of activity confer lesser rewards. It is not a winner take all system. [/quote] - Londo

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107595&st=40&p=2882491&#entry2882491

They said NPO could not be defeated, but it was on the agenda since December 08 when I had been appointed Envoy in November, and I became Triumvir in February of 09. Now they say nothing.

Also, actually I pushed it during WoTC and on, just didn't have a gov position.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331367753' post='2936300']
Oh right, Ardus attacked Yevgeni over a political dispute. Pasaremos!
[/quote]
Retrospectively, we overreacted and I remember it as a funny event. It could have changed a lot of things in the long run, though. Amusing to think about it.

Good luck in your recruitment drive, Roquentin.

It worked for Ardus' VE, so I hope it can be repeated and I admittedly suck at recruiting and I've just begun my foray into trying to draft people from the nether realm.

Edited by Roquentin

But then I can't use my messages for other stuff and I'm not as active as I appear, tbh. ooc: It's more that I can get on from virtually anywhere, at almost any time.

Edited by Roquentin

Roq, how serious are you about growing this alliance? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? 4 years? Are those anniversary milestones you intend to be dedicated to or will Paraguas cease to exist if you accomplish your agenda?

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1331395610' post='2936392']
Roq, how serious are you about growing this alliance? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? 4 years? Are those anniversary milestones you intend to be dedicated to or will Paraguas cease to exist if you accomplish your agenda?
[/quote]

I made it clear in a blog where Bob Ilyani asked the same question. It's not solely about accomplishing my goal, rather it is about building the alliance I always wanted. The goal is an immanent aspect, but the principles it stands on are perpetual regardless of antagonisms.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1331401963' post='2936469']
I'll be shocked if this works. It's not like 2007 where we had more players registering each day.
[/quote]

I don't need that many anyway. I'm working on other sources as well. Just wanted to test this idea out since I had wanted to implement it for a while. The idea before was for Umbrella to do recruitment for an alliance like Deinos that would someday come about in order to gain more tech sellers. The thing is, Umbrella is lazy and Deinos recruits well enough on their own.

During the UPN era of recruitment domination, they were getting tons somehow and I always wondered how. For some reason people always said it was two individuals: Abdur and Ragwing.

Edited by Roquentin