Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1327942806' post='2910668']
Are you guys really going to pick a fight with MK when you're barely even an alliance? God damn you guys sure are doing everything in your power to get rolled. I can respect that.
[/quote]

Standing up for their sovereignty is picking a fight?

[quote name='CheeKy' timestamp='1327937487' post='2910619']
Indeed. As Bob stated, Kaitlin was declared a ghost by him. So she was free to get hit. Righ now, she is a full member again, so she should have peaced out those wars before rejoining RoK. She didn't so a RoK member just nuked a member of MK.
[/quote]
Yes, clearly no alliance should ever accept an applicant who has any active wars.

Haha, good to see RoK is blowing up. Nothing better to see then RoK killing RoK. Can I join, I want an easy techraid.

Oh wait what? Only a war on paper? There are no wars ingame....?

Typical.

Edited by erikz

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1327943183' post='2910672']
Standing up for their sovereignty is picking a fight?
[/quote]

Regardless of whether or not you agree with RoK's true and rightful government, fact is that they gave MK permission to hit Kait while they were considered by all to be the legitimate government, and said she wasn't a member. The first thing I would've done as the new Emperor after the coup would be to go to MK and be like "hey, can we peace out these wars?" and forget about the whole incident. Worst case scenario, MK negotiates them down to letting the wars finish without nukes and then everybody goes about their business, as is what usually happens when an alliance accepts a nation being tech raided. Letting Kait nuke MK was a !@#$@#$ god awful decision. Of course, she probably made that decision on her own and now the rest of the alliance is being forced to make excuses for her being an incompetent moron, but that's their fault for putting up with her and I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1327939229' post='2910638']
She was nuked per the request of the legitimate RoK government asking us to Ghost Bust her. I can understand the confusion, because it does look like a tech raid when someone doesn't fight back for several days, but this started as a ghost busting initiative, which means doing full damage until she leaves the AA.

Given that the government has changed (or has it? I saw last night Bob and Joe saying they still were legitimate, so who knows), the new Government should have come and asked in an official capacity to stop, just as it came and asked in an official capacity to start. Unfortunately the new government did no such thing, and instead we now have Kait making counter attacks against MK nations while allegedly being a full member of RoK once again.
[/quote]

Looks like a great CB to me. When you are nuked the only viable solution is to nuke back.

OOC: As a former leader, the root admin of the forum, and a key figure in the recent seizure of power I would say this is akin to a member of RoK gov nuking MK >_>.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1327948743' post='2910718']
The MK bawwing is at epic levels at the moment, please continue.

If you don't want to get nuked, don't declare war....pretty simple really
[/quote]

It's true. Who would have thought they squeal this loud when their puppets started getting the boot? Really, it's unbecoming.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327949045' post='2910721']
It's true. Who would have thought they squeal this loud when their puppets started getting the boot? Really, it's unbecoming.
[/quote]

What's this now? I'll have you know that our puppets are given only the finest of treatment. You still remember the master suite you once had, no?

Attacking and repeatedly nuking a nation, and then threatening to demand reps when that nation responds, is the lowest of low class. It doesn't matter if it is a ghost or an unaligned nation or a member state of an alliance, if you attack someone you should expect them to do you some damage in return. Kaitlin's membership status was not clear for the last day or so and what it is now depends a lot on which government you consider legitimate (frankly, none of the recent governments have ascended via legal means so there is no good case for any of them), but if you consider this announcement to be legit then you have to stop attacking, apologise for attacking a member state (albeit with good reason for the confusion) and peace out. Demanding anything from RoK when you jumped on Kait of your own free will is beyond ridiculous.

However, I am enjoying watching RoK disintegrate. Please keep this civil war going for a few days, the entertainment value is remarkably high.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1327949311' post='2910723']
What's this now? I'll have you know that our puppets are given only the finest of treatment. You still remember the master suite you once had, no?
[/quote]

Cute. Myself and your alliance had about five conversations over a year ... then (without discussion) I countered a bunch of alliances in your defense when you were attacked (certain the entire time that we'd all get stomped*), then I privately dropped the protectorate when you allied yourself to TOP, only to subsequently get trolled publicly by half your alliance of #($% heads.

Squeal some more; it's hilarious. You sound like Ned Beatty.

[size="1"]*In hindsight, it wasn't a big deal because it turns out TOP and IRON kinda blow.[/size]

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1327950028' post='2910732']
However, I am enjoying watching RoK disintegrate. Please keep this civil war going for a few days, the entertainment value is remarkably high.
[/quote]

Dear RoK membership,

When Bob Janova starts criticizing you, you know you're on the right path. You've spent the better part of the last two years taking your reputation from once lofty heights straight to the toilet - harder and faster than any other alliance in the history of CN. It's not something to be proud of. But turning yourselves around, finally, is.

Edited by Krack

I realize I do not have all the information, but from where I stand, this looks like a case of harassment. I find it revolting that several people new about it and allowed it to continue, that many more are willing to take advantage of the situation, and that only a few hundred people out of 15,000+ are willing to do something about it.

Really guys, we should all just step back and agree on the one thing that everyone should. Van Hoo and KaitlinK are objectively !@#$tastic and they, and their blind troupe of followers, should be expunged from the face of Planet Bob in nuclear hellfire. People clamor daily that there isn't enough drama, intrigue, backstabbing, and bold action taken. A coup has occurred, NATO has boldly taken a stand behind them. Will anyone have the cahones to challenge them?

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1327939229' post='2910638']
She was nuked per the request of the legitimate RoK government asking us to Ghost Bust her. I can understand the confusion, because it does look like a tech raid when someone doesn't fight back for several days, but this started as a ghost busting initiative, which means doing full damage until she leaves the AA.

Given that the government has changed (or has it? I saw last night Bob and Joe saying they still were legitimate, so who knows), the new Government should have come and asked in an official capacity to stop, just as it came and asked in an official capacity to start. Unfortunately the new government did no such thing, and instead we now have Kait making counter attacks against MK nations while allegedly being a full member of RoK once again.
[/quote]

Kait never left the AA and was never notified that she was considered a ghost, Bob and Joe declared her a ghost and had her attacked the same day. And since when does anyone get another alliance to do their ghostbusting for them when they have nations in range on their own AA?

For those in MK wondering where we've been, well we had a government to build, members to communicate with, and frankly Kait wasn't crying about getting slapped. As such we didn't prioritize reaching out to you. We are ready when you are, hit Yukon or myself up on IRC.

[quote name='Da DreadLord' timestamp='1327951992' post='2910749']
Well what are you waiting for?
[/quote]

I've instituted a quota of going on righteous crusades against the !@#$tier members of this community only once every six months so I still have a bit of a grace period until. Considering that I was one of the few who actually put his money where his mouth is and had his fun riding down the ranks of Legion with 3v1s back in NSO-Legion, and who joined IRON as a volunteer to take down Ramlins, you're probably better off throwing your thinly veiled callouts elsewhere.

Edited by Lord Fingolfin