Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327957201' post='2910814']
The war screen says otherwise. The two nations at war with KaitlinK were not flying the MK AA when war began. If they are affiliated with MK now, that's only because MK accepted nations who were involved in active wars.

Do you have an opinion on that and it's relation to past precedent? ...

Oh. :unsure:
[/quote]
We never told anybody they weren't members. To the contrary, we've only stated that they are members. Alliance memberships, endorsement, and protections are not exclusively dictated by the affiliation flown over a nation at a given time. If AA were all that mattered, alliances would be unable to declare nations ghosts and we'd be stuck weeping for our dear misguided friends. Thankfully we live in a more thoughtful world than the simplistic vision promoted by infamous Palmettian Supreme Court Justice Klarence Thomah.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tequila Mockingbird' timestamp='1327909277' post='2910468']
Any attempt to remove Emperor Bob Ilyani or Regent Joe Stupid from their rightful positions within Ragnarok will be met with extreme military force.

Yours truly,
Tequila Mockingbird, Vice Kommandur of the Ragnarok Liberation Front.
[/quote]
[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1327954557' post='2910778']
Joe and Bob are the rightful rulers of Ragnarok.

You cannot deny your own charter.
[/quote]

Joe the slurper seeded all his claims to me, the problem has been solved.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327957201' post='2910814']
The war screen says otherwise. The two nations at war with KaitlinK were not flying the MK AA when war began. If they are affiliated with MK now, that's only because MK accepted nations who were involved in active wars.

Do you have an opinion on that and it's relation to past precedent? ...

Oh. :unsure:
[/quote]

This was already addressed, but you ignored it. The members in question were always a part of MK. The Mushroom Kingdom has a long history of nations going off to various AAs, either mocking events, ghosting allies (for help with wars or sanctions), or just general fun (such as for our factions). A member who leaves the MK AA does not automatically leave MK. The situation with those declaring wars on Kait, and Kait's situation are actually completely opposite. In MK's case it was members who swapped AAs to make a declaration, while remaining members. In Kait's scenario, she remained on the RoK AA the entire time, but the Government in charge declared her to no longer be a member.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1327957530' post='2910822']
But you can apparently remove the rightful leader of an alliance if you happen to be an admin of the alliance's forum...

Also you (as in the larger you, not you personally) keep saying that it was the memberships' decision. When exactly did the membership have time to discuss and make that decision? This whole thing really began when the RoK forum was taken down and when it was put back up Bob and Joe were banned...
[/quote]

it was apparently decided BEFORE the forums went down, when Bob and Joe tried to justify and explain their actions to the RoK membership on their forums. You'd know that if you had actually taken the time to read all posts from all parties.

Edited by Perceus

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1327959834' post='2910856']
it was apparently decided BEFORE the forums went down, when Bob and Joe tried to justify and explain their actions to the RoK membership on their forums. You'd know that if you had actually taken the time to read all posts from all parties.
[/quote]

Decided by who and with what authority?

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1327961058' post='2910873']
But he said that after he was banned from the forums. Did you travel back in time? :blink:
[/quote]

You are no the authority on Ragnarok. You don't know what he said and when he said. I AM the authority on Ragnarok. If you are supporting the slurpees than you can go brain freeze yourself, thanks.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327961188' post='2910874']
You are no the authority on Ragnarok. You don't know what he said and when he said. I AM the authority on Ragnarok. If you are supporting the slurpees than you can go brain freeze yourself, thanks.
[/quote]

But you yourself have been quoting the post he made in this forum as proof of your rightful leadership of RoK. Why would you do that if he had given you leadership of the alliance at a previous point in time? Again I feel I must ask, do you have a time machine?!

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1327961360' post='2910877']
But you yourself have been quoting the post he made in this forum as proof of your rightful leadership of RoK. Why would you do that if he had given you leadership of the alliance at a previous point in time? Again I feel I must ask, do you have a time machine?!
[/quote]

I was the Clear Authority for a long time. Just because there was a post later in time confirming that I was the Clear Authority, does not mean I haven't been the Clear Authority for a much longer time. Would you dare say Umbrella was fake before their DoE three months later? It would just be incorrect.

Ok so wait let me get this straight.

Rampage appoints Bob as leader. Bob takes Joe as 2nd in charge. Lots of treaties go in the trash and some internal stuff which I dont understand/know of happens. Something about Kait and MK raiding her. Then Adel says bye Bob and coups him. Bob fights back but a few other RoKers fight back and support Adel and I guess it looks like Adel wins.

So a coup is coup. Am I getting most of the important points or am I missing some stuff? This honestly has to be the funniest thing Ive seen in a while.

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1327961652' post='2910884']
Ok so wait let me get this straight.

Rampage appoints Bob as leader. Bob takes Joe as 2nd in charge. Lots of treaties go in the trash and some internal stuff which I dont understand/know of happens. Something about Kait and MK raiding her. Then Adel says bye Bob and coups him. Bob fights back but a few other RoKers fight back and support Adel and I guess it looks like Adel wins.

So a coup is coup. Am I getting most of the important points or am I missing some stuff? This honestly has to be the funniest thing Ive seen in a while.
[/quote]

Bob and Joe released their claim to the throne and gave it to me. Otherwise you're right.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327961749' post='2910885']
Bob and Joe released their claim to the throne and gave it to me. Otherwise you're right.
[/quote]

Why haven't you made an announcement clearing all of this up then? Joe/bob made a thread, there's this thread, now where is yours?

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1327961981' post='2910887']
Why haven't you made an announcement clearing all of this up then? Joe/bob made a thread, there's this thread, now where is yours?
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108795"]here it is[/url]

I think what we need is a RoK forum poll to lay this to rest...

[quote]Who do you want as Emperor/Empress?

Adel
Bobby-Joe
Omni[/quote]

Let the campaigning begin!

Omni/Adel I think im torn between you two so make a good case... a pledge to reduce sales tax on Bourbon would be a good start ^_^

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1327957544' post='2910823']
We never told anybody they weren't members. To the contrary, we've only stated that they are members. Alliance memberships, endorsement, and protections are not exclusively dictated by the affiliation flown over a nation at a given time. If AA were all that mattered, alliances would be unable to declare nations ghosts and we'd be stuck weeping for our dear misguided friends. Thankfully we live in a more thoughtful world than the simplistic vision promoted by infamous Palmettian Supreme Court Justice Klarence Thomah.
[/quote]

I think this implies that the rest of the planet follows your laws of sovereignty.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1327962535' post='2910894']
I think what we need is a RoK forum poll to lay this to rest...

Let the campaigning begin!

Omni/Adel I think im torn between you two so make a good case... a pledge to reduce sales tax on Bourbon would be a good start ^_^
[/quote]

To be fair, I'm allowing Adel to rule in my stead, because I'm too busy. However, I will never allow the slurpers to return to Ragnarok.

Glad to see the formal announcement of the restructure go up. I hope RoK and its retired gov can sort things out. Joe and Bob were great for RoK not too long ago and this turn of events has a lot of people dazed and confused. Best of wishes to everyone.

o/ RoK

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327961627' post='2910883']
I was the Clear Authority for a long time. Just because there was a post later in time confirming that I was the Clear Authority, does not mean I haven't been the Clear Authority for a much longer time. Would you dare say Umbrella was fake before their DoE three months later? It would just be incorrect.
[/quote]

Those two situations are in no way comparable. The evidence for Umbrella's existence was right there on the alliance page. The evidence for your leadership prior to Joe's post doesn't exist and if it does you have yet to show it. Now if you are indeed in possession of a time machine, which all the signs seems to indicate that you are, then it would be reasonable to assume that you used it to travel back in time and order the banishment of Bob and Joe from the RoK forums. However if you continue to claim that you aren't in possession of a time machine then I must insist that you provide evidence to support your claim prior to Joe's post.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1327962554' post='2910895']
I think this implies that the rest of the planet follows your laws of sovereignty.
[/quote]You very well know that what Ardus is saying is the generally accepted precedent when it comes to membership in alliances.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1327962554' post='2910895']
[/quote]

Considering that we live on MK controlled Bob, I would say it is fair to assume that what Ardus says is the generally accepted precedence

EDIT: Damn you cookavich :P

Edited by Megamind

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1327962743' post='2910899']
Those two situations are in no way comparable. The evidence for Umbrella's existence was right there on the alliance page. The evidence for your leadership prior to Joe's post doesn't exist and if it does you have yet to show it. Now if you are indeed in possession of a time machine, which all the signs seems to indicate that you are, then it would be reasonable to assume that you used it to travel back in time and order the banishment of Bob and Joe from the RoK forums. However if you continue to claim that you aren't in possession of a time machine then I must insist that you provide evidence to support your claim prior to Joe's post.
[/quote]

here you go

[img]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/Omniscientone/roklogs.jpg[/img]