Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

Seriously though, when an AA makes it obvious which alliance it's associated with, it's silly to claim they are not members of the same alliance. There are other angles to take if you want to oppose MK, that one is not going to get you anywhere.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327963167' post='2910903']
here you go

[img]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/Omniscientone/roklogs.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Those logs doesn't have a time-stamp so there is no way for us to know when that conversation happened!

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1327963221' post='2910904']
Seriously though, when an AA makes it obvious which alliance it's associated with, it's silly to claim they are not members of the same alliance. There are other angles to take if you want to oppose MK, that one is not going to get you anywhere.
[/quote]

It will sure make for interesting conversation in the future, as MK's view of AA's in general is kind of off compared to the rest of the world. Ghosting its allies, making new AA's so that it can fight undeclared wars. Good for future reference for sure, though. Not sure if that means it's the generally accepted rule of law and what happened would probably not be tolerated by most alliances, including your own.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1327963417' post='2910908']
It will sure make for interesting conversation in the future, as MK's view of AA's in general is kind of off compared to the rest of the world. Ghosting its allies, making new AA's so that it can fight undeclared wars. Good for future reference for sure, though. Not sure if that means it's the generally accepted rule of law and what happened would probably not be tolerated by most alliances, including your own.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Undeclared wars? MK was given the go ahead to attack by the legitimate RoK government, that is hardly fighting an undeclared war...

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327963458' post='2910909']
I was there, I know what time it was.
[/quote]

Good point. Then there is only the question as to whether Bob had already made Joe leader when Joe made you leader. If he hadn't then Joe couldn't have made you leader, but I assume you have logs that prove that as well?

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1327963648' post='2910914']
What are you talking about? Undeclared wars? MK was given the go ahead to attack by the legitimate RoK government, that is hardly fighting an undeclared war...

[/quote]

I was referencing the multiple AA's that MK and its "members," ghosted in this most recent war in addition to this most interesting and latest discrepancy between MK's rules of sovereignty and, well, the rest of the entire game aside from a special few.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1327963648' post='2910914']
Good point. Then there is only the question as to whether Bob had already made Joe leader when Joe made you leader. If he hadn't then Joe couldn't have made you leader, but I assume you have logs that prove that as well?
[/quote]

I do indeed.

RoK aren't the first alliance to be caught in a situation their charter doesn't cover adequately and they wont be the last. In cases like this I think the alliance members are the only ones who have a right to decide what they do and it looks to me that they are doing it.

Good luck RoK, I take no pleasure in watching this happen.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1327963768' post='2910916']
I was referencing the multiple AA's that MK and its "members," ghosted in this most recent war in addition to this most interesting and latest discrepancy between MK's rules of sovereignty and, well, the rest of the entire game aside from a special few.
[/quote]

Ghosting AA's? Yup, at the request of said allies, in wars we were already scheduled to enter at the tactically appropriate time. Unique rules of sovereignty? Mine are quite rooted in logic, and I'm not telling other people to adopt my rules; only stating how we view our membership status.

edit: grammar

Edited by Leet Guy

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1327964060' post='2910926']
Ghosting AA's? Yup, at the request of said allies, in war's we were already scheduled to enter at the tactically appropriate time. Unique rules of sovereignty? Mine are quite rooted in logic, and I'm not telling other people to adapt my rules; only stating how we view our membership status.
[/quote]

Are you admitting that ODN requested you ghost them in order to aid in their attack of the Mostly Harmless Alliance?

Among other alliances. But really, MHA?

Edited by IYIyTh

[/quote]

Temporarily joining an ally during war is hardly a new concept and it is hardly something MK invented. We had the thing with Fark and NEW a while ago and more recently there were a lot of people temporarily joining both sides in the Legion-NSO conflict. Hell if you want historical precedence then I recall a number of people leaving to join NAAC during GW2 when it became clear that Legion wasn't going to enter, hell I almost did it myself...

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327963815' post='2910919']
I do indeed.
[/quote]

Well then, as long as everything you've said is correct, it would appear that you are the rightful leader of RoK

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1327964123' post='2910928']
Are you admitting that ODN requested you ghost them in order to aid in their attack of the Mostly Harmless Alliance?

Among other alliances. But really, MHA?
[/quote]

No I was lying. Damnit you caught me $%&@ $%&@ $%&@ what am I going to do backpeddle backpeddle backpeddle

And I'm really not surprised you lack the understanding of war slot filling, but I digress. This whole discussion is getting off-topic and we already since brought it to private (see: logical) channels.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1327964260' post='2910930']
Temporarily joining an ally during war is hardly a new concept and it is hardly something MK invented. We had the thing with Fark and NEW a while ago and more recently there were a lot of people temporarily joining both sides in the Legion-NSO conflict. Hell if you want historical precedence then I recall a number of people leaving to join NAAC during GW2 when it became clear that Legion wasn't going to enter, hell I almost did it myself...

[/quote]

Sure, but normally the premise of people avoiding retrubition aside from the bullying of "do something about it look at our treaties," is the notion that these individuals are acting on their own and are responsible for their raids/actions while on those AA's. I disagree that this view is universally accepted as there have also been stipulations (see, Fark-NEW,) about individuals ghosting alliances during war-time and that they have been and should be held accountable seperately and treated for what they are, venture opportunists and cowards.

But I'm just giving everyone a hard time because I deplore dick-waving just because one can. Which is essentially what is happening in these instances. "You can't do anything about it, na na na boo boo."

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1327964325' post='2910932']
No I was lying. Damnit you caught me $%&@ $%&@ $%&@ what am I going to do backpeddle backpeddle backpeddle

[/quote]

Thank god because that would have been pretty embarrassing for ODN.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1327953255' post='2910763']
Responding to the OP.
There was no OOC attack, I'm pretty sure that was made up. (I could be wrong)[/quote]You are wrong.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1327953255' post='2910763']
It was a slightly less dick move for kait to take down the forums.[/quote]Rok has stated multiple times that Kait did not take down the forums, and no one has claimed or proven otherwise.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1327953255' post='2910763']Moral of the story, RoK is dead, at least for now.
[/quote]Moral of the story: Read thread, then post.

[/quote]
what aa were they ghosting?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1327964919' post='2910943']
what aa were they ghosting?
[/quote]

There were several. ODN's, Ghostbuster's (pre-DoW,) or something of the sort and the jihad-themed one. I'm sure there were more. Some for the SF alliances as well.

That was just for MHA, and truthfully the only one I care about.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1327965011' post='2910946']
There were several. ODN's, Ghostbuster's (pre-DoW,) or something of the sort and the jihad-themed one. I'm sure there were more. Some for the SF alliances as well.

That was just for MHA, and truthfully the only one I care about.
[/quote]

Are you watching everyone's AA now or something? Quick, how many have I been on in the last year?

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327965139' post='2910950']
Are you watching everyone's AA now or something? Quick, how many have I been on in the last year?
[/quote]

I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion of MK's omniscient (See what I did there. ) sovereignty in comparison to the rest of the world, how it flies in the face of history and how this most recent example is more or less ridiculous and mere dick-waving or a prelude to the rolling of RoK (or hoping for escelation,) something that was probably going to happen either way.

But I've already repeated myself enough at this juncture. Have fun everyone.

Edited by IYIyTh