Peace Is Achieved

OsRavan

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1325552419' post='2891052']
I would just like to take this opportunity to formally welcome King Ernie of Apparatus to this thread.

[img]http://www.estetica-design-forum.com/attachments/graphic-design-forum-announcements/4766d1312979859-rolling-out-red-carpet-red-carpet-pic.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Best. Thing. Ever.

You win, :wub:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to everyone, especially our allies in The Last Remnants.

[quote name='KodaHack' timestamp='1325542534' post='2890892']
Congrats on the peace everyone. It has shown us that the MHA and her 5 allies cannot fight 11 alliaces who had started the war with better preperation and that halfway in another few alliance's had to be called in. Good war to everyone I fough.
[/quote]

Then they should just go neutral.

Edited by President S O

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1325554289' post='2891087']
I personally gained a lot of respect for MHA throughout this process. I cannot wait to continue communications in the aftermath.
[/quote]

being the last sanctioned alliance in and the first ones out, how does that gain respect ?

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1325556971' post='2891121']
being the last sanctioned alliance in and the first ones out, how does that gain respect ?
[/quote]

Probably because they fought hard and with honor. Fighting like MHA did is a lot more respectable than hiding in peace mode and hoping everything turns out well in the end.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1325539998' post='2890818']
3) KoN shall write a short story, graphics included, for TPE.
[/quote]

I don't see any clauses stating that this can't be slash fic.

[quote name='KodaHack' timestamp='1325543440' post='2890909']
Better preperation means that they knew when the war was coming. They had the target list while we where ready for war we can't beat an update blitz. We where giving CnG hell then they brought in there other guys. 11 VS 5 is ever equal
[/quote]
Umm, you probably knew before we did. The FARK/FAN hit on NpO was a surprise to TFD. TPE had about 24 hours to prepare for their blitz and was rounding up alliances ad hoc. There was no way that TFD would be ready for that so we came in 48 hours later to counter KofNi and pick up MHA targets. We didn't do target lists and were a free for all, mainly because we weren't sure how many people were paying attention. We got 30 wars off in about 4 hours, so TFD government was pleasantly surprised.

FAN's actions were a surprise to FAN's allies but FARK's attack on NPO should not have been a surprise to as you're in an MDoAP bloc with FARK. When they went in, you should have immediately messaged your members to get ready for war. When IRON et al hit NPO, we immediately messaged our members to start building up their warchests and watching the forum. We updated everyone by ingame pms the every couple of days so they knew what was going on.

I hope this war was a reminder to you that you can't let being the largest alliance stop you from keeping your members informed and preparing militarily for war.

[quote name='circlewood' timestamp='1325543467' post='2890910']
KofN... a pleasant surprise in this war. Terribly un-prepared, but a very good collection of 'characters' I enjoyed speaking to.
[/quote]
That. KofNi were screwed before they even started but they went for it and did the best they could. No one can ask more of an ally. Good game guys, it was a pleasure.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325557193' post='2891126']
Probably because they fought hard and with honor. Fighting like MHA did is a lot more respectable than hiding in peace mode and hoping everything turns out well in the end.
[/quote]

I lost 0.08 tech from the start of the war and its mainly because half the time I wasn't being attacked back at all. I don't think fighting like that is worthy of respect at all.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1325557822' post='2891135']
I lost 0.08 tech from the start of the war and its mainly because half the time I wasn't being attacked back at all. I don't think fighting like that is worthy of respect at all.
[/quote]

Guess that's debatable. I'd rather see someone fight than hide in peace mode all war, personally. Personally though, I had some good fights with MHA.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1325557697' post='2891133']
When IRON et al hit NPO, we immediately messaged our members to start building up their warchests and watching the forum.
[/quote]

You only build up warchests after the war is started? :mellow: Where's the TFD I knew?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325557193' post='2891126']
[/quote]

Well you also forgot them being smarter than one of their other XX allies. Sparta may hid in peace mode but FARK just went off and attacked an innocent NPO and left Polar out to dry. Ok Omni you changed my opinion :)

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1325558062' post='2891139']
You only build up warchests after the war is started? :mellow: Where's the TFD I knew?
[/quote]
We told them to save their money and not spend it on gold plated pools.

Edit: well, 1/3 of the people you knew who are still there have statues of you in their capitals, 1/3 burn effigies of you, and the remainder are undecided or just don't care.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1325558097' post='2891140']
Well you also forgot them being smarter than one of their other XX allies. Sparta may hid in peace mode but FARK just went off and attacked an innocent NPO and left Polar out to dry. Ok Omni you changed my opinion :)
[/quote]

That's very true as well.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1325558136' post='2891141']

Edit: well, 1/3 of the people you knew who are still there have statues of you in their capitals, 1/3 burn effigies of you, and the remainder are undecided or just don't care.
[/quote]

I suppose you abandoned the concept of tiered infra building. Oh well.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1325558136' post='2891141']

[/quote]

Our capitol has a statue...the pigeons need something to do (or somewhere to do :) )