Declaration of War

Gaeta

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1323907255' post='2878133']
All I got so far is that it is ok to forget your friends and treat them like dirt as long as these friends are cool with it.
[/quote]

Hasn't this been the theme since Non Grata declared war on UPN?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323906568' post='2878127']
Ooh, a threat. I'd better declare war on GOD to ensure our safety.
[/quote]

You've ensured your safety pretty well by not making any significant political decisions in the last three years. Perhaps a DoW on GOD would be a welcome change for Justitia.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1323905041' post='2878106']
This is dumb.
[/quote]

No this is VE!!!! Its the way they roll. The sad thing is people had kind of forgot about them as they let GOD burn but, then they went at did this. It is one of those stupid moves that defines an alliance for all of Planet Bob. VE is becoming the new GOD, that alliance everyone will be happy to see burn.

The bottom line is that if GOD are happy with what VE are doing, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. I believe that that action involves some kind of deal whereby VE don't jump in as long as only a small number of directly treaty-bound alliances get to hit GOD – if VE declared a full defence then there'd be no disincentive to everyone who hates GOD piling on them and rolling them into the ground. As it is, GOD are only moderately covered (a lot of nations with only 1 or 2 wars and the whole lower-mid tier untouched), and that is more of a defence than VE could provide by jumping in.

As someone who likes VE and dislikes GOD, of course, seeing GOD get rolled without dragging in VE is perfect.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323845005' post='2877537']
If that were the case, don't you think GOD would be in here complaining?
[/quote]
Given how many GOD personnel who are in here responding [b]at all[/b], I'd just have assumed they were told to stay off the OWF. So, no, I don't think they would be in here at all.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1323909987' post='2878176']
The bottom line is that if GOD are happy with what VE are doing, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. I believe that that action involves some kind of deal whereby VE don't jump in as long as only a small number of directly treaty-bound alliances get to hit GOD – if VE declared a full defence then there'd be no disincentive to everyone who hates GOD piling on them and rolling them into the ground. As it is, GOD are only moderately covered (a lot of nations with only 1 or 2 wars and the whole lower-mid tier untouched), and that is more of a defence than VE could provide by jumping in.

As someone who likes VE and dislikes GOD, of course, seeing GOD get rolled without dragging in VE is perfect.
[/quote]

I wonder what GOD's reaction would have been if VE had defended them?

[quote name='asawyer' timestamp='1323909562' post='2878168']
You've ensured your safety pretty well by not making any significant political decisions in the last three years.[/quote]
Every day we determine to carry on without enmeshing ourselves in your cluster$%&@ of a treaty web is a significant political decision. If we wanted to ensure our safety, we'd take the path of least resistance and sign a bunch of incompatible treaties so we could pick whatever side we want to align with - even if it meant abandoning allies at times. But that would be a move of incredible cowardice.

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1323912100' post='2878197']
Given how many GOD personnel who are in here responding [b]at all[/b], I'd just have assumed they were told to stay off the OWF. So, no, I don't think they would be in here at all.
[/quote]
I'm here, I'm clear, and I'm not complaining. And once again, WarriorConcept is an honorary member of GOD. Some alliances might not take that title very seriously, we do. His words speak for us as well as any other rank and file member (which, admittedly, isn't very much).

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1323900791' post='2878046']
How cute, GATO couldn't handle us so they called TLR and VE In. We shall still win...

o/ MHA
o/ App

To victory my fellow cyborgs!

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

We didn't ask for help my guess was VE figured no one else was gonna give GOD any grief and so they struck out to find themselves a little fun. I'm fine with it as the reserve NS that would have been spent on you gets to be put on MHA afterall.

Also if losing 10% of your alliances NS every 2 days is winning for you I wonder what losing would be......

Edited by magicninja

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1323928209' post='2878509']
We didn't ask for help my guess was VE figured no one else was gonna give GOD any grief and so they struck out to find themselves a little fun. I'm fine with it as the reserve NS that would have been spent on you gets to be put on MHA afterall.

Also if losing 10% of your alliances NS every 2 days is winning for you I wonder what losing would be......
[/quote]

We consider "winning" in different ways than you do perhaps.

We are actively supporting an ally who was attacked without CB -- that's a win for us.
We aren't surrendering, giving up, getting all worked up, griefing, etc -- that's a win for us.
We have put a large number of GATO nations into anarchy, and have definitely dealt more than our fair share of damage -- again, a win.

You have numbers, strength, and now VE vs. just us + MHA, who is under attack from a lot more sides than just GATO.

We expect that you'll continue to post better numbers than us, but we also expect that we'll continue to put up the kind of fight that will show Bob as a whole that we aren't to be taken lightly, especially if we are actually fighting an alliance our own size ;)

Acknowledged that you didn't ask VE for help though. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1323909907' post='2878173']
No this is VE!!!! Its the way they roll. The sad thing is people had kind of forgot about them as they let GOD burn but, then they went at did this. It is one of those stupid moves that defines an alliance for all of Planet Bob. VE is becoming the new GOD, that alliance everyone will be happy to see burn.
[/quote]
how quick you are to turn on your allies, you let VE die once more, how disappointing to see you'd let them die once more simply for making a decision you disliked.

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1323928933' post='2878535']
We consider "winning" in different ways than you do perhaps.

We are actively supporting an ally who was attacked without CB -- that's a win for us.
We aren't surrendering, giving up, getting all worked up, griefing, etc -- that's a win for us.
We have put a large number of GATO nations into anarchy, and have definitely dealt more than our fair share of damage -- again, a win.

You have numbers, strength, and now VE vs. just us + MHA, who is under attack from a lot more sides than just GATO.

We expect that you'll continue to post better numbers than us, but we also expect that we'll continue to put up the kind of fight that will show Bob as a whole that we aren't to be taken lightly, especially if we are actually fighting an alliance our own size ;)

Acknowledged that you didn't ask VE for help though. Sorry for my misunderstanding.
[/quote]

I follow this man above. However, considering the lose of NS from App and MHA on GATO, the damage done has been much more effective than what GATO has done to either of us.

Ezequiel.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1323929088' post='2878541']
how quick you are to turn on your allies, you let VE die once more, how disappointing to see you'd let them die once more simply for making a decision you disliked.
[/quote]

I believe you are mistaken VE has never died my friend. They just went on vacation.

Also TBB is allied to VE :wacko:

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1323929170' post='2878544']
I follow this man above. However, considering the lose of NS from App and MHA on GATO, the damage done has been much more effective than what GATO has done to either of us.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

You probably actually believe that don't you?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323929301' post='2878548']
I believe you are mistaken VE has never died my friend. They just went on vacation.

Also TBB is allied to VE :wacko:
[/quote]
TPF was allied to VE the first time they burned, we canceled to be on the winning side, and I regret leaving a friend to die simply to save my own skin, I'll never do that again, I'm disappointed TBB would do it once more.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1323930103' post='2878587']
TPF was allied to VE the first time they burned, we canceled to be on the winning side, and I regret leaving a friend to die simply to save my own skin,[/quote]

VE DID NOT DIE! VE has never disbanded and never will, end of story. (Am I doing this right? Or do I need more emotion?)

[quote]I'll never do that again, I'm disappointed TBB would do it once more.
[/quote]

Except I don't think TPF and VE are allied any longer. :blink:

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323930290' post='2878595']
VE DID NOT DIE! VE has never disbanded and never will, end of story. (Am I doing this right? Or do I need more emotion?)

Except I don't think TPF and VE are allied any longer. :blink:
[/quote]

What's especially funny is that TPF didn't form until after the original VE died. Further, and I am going by the old wiki here since this pre-dates my 4+ years in TPF, the first VE cancelled all it's treaties except the NPO treaty in April of that year and disbanded a month later.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

Forgive me, but I think that this is incorrect.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]
Hmm, allow us to take a cursory glance at the data:

The Apparatus entered on 12/11 with a Nation Strength of just under 3.2 million. By the time VE entered on 12/14 (and therefore before VE had done any damage), The Apparatus' NS had dropped to 2.8 million, a net loss of just under 400 000 NS. In the same time period, GATO went from slightly under 7.9 million to 7.35 million. A loss of just over 500k NS. Considering the Apparatus was engaged with no other alliance at that time, and GATO was already heavily engaged with MHA, and the fact that there's an advantage from blitzing such an occupied opponent in a coordinated assault, I think it is safe to say that GATO is on equal or superior footing to the Apparatus at this time. Let us not even begin to broach the subject of MHA's losses in this time period. It would be, I think, humiliating for them to consider.

Thank you and good day, sir.