Declaration of War

Gaeta

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323841264' post='2877411']
Our MADP with GOD has a non-chaining clause, something CnG does not have I believe. As well, GOD and VE has discussed this situation in the past and are both aware and satisfied with what we have agreed to.
[/quote]
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Balkan_Entente
[i]In the understanding that we live in dangerous times, full of intrigue, betrayal and opportunism, the three signatories hereby reaffirm their commitment to the defense of one another and their respective dominions against any foreign aggression.[/i]

GOD is on the defensive side of this conflict; there's no non-chaining language apparent; the treaty pre-dates the appearance of non-chaining in treaties; and it is a MADP, not a MDoAP. Add to that that VE was active in the planning of GOD's destruction, and I think we can call it a day and ask you to please spare us all the agony of watching [i]the [/i]WarriorConcept defend this spinelessness, betrayal, and base survivalism.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323841708' post='2877425']
[i]In the understanding that we live in dangerous times, full of intrigue, betrayal and opportunism, the three signatories hereby reaffirm their commitment to the defense of one another and their respective dominions against any foreign aggression.[/i]

GOD is on the defensive side of this conflict, there's no non-chaining language apparent, the treaty pre-dates the appearance of non-chaining in treaties. Add to that that VE was active in the planning of GOD's destruction, and I think we can call it a day and ask you to please spare us all the agony of watching [i]the [/i]WarriorConcept defend this spinelessness, betrayal, and base survivalism.
[/quote]

Article 4:
The undersigned candidly acknowledge that it is the sovereign right of every alliance to make war on its peers. That the good judgment of the undersigned governments in making war on its peers is an unquestionable virtue held by each signatory, we hereby affirm our commitment to support one another in any such action, in any way we deem fit.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1323841810' post='2877428']
Article 4:
The undersigned candidly acknowledge that it is the sovereign right of every alliance to make war on its peers. That the good judgment of the undersigned governments in making war on its peers is an unquestionable virtue held by each signatory, we hereby affirm our commitment to support one another in any such action, in any way we deem fit.
[/quote]
Since you didn't bother to write anything to accompany this quote, am I to assume that you are saying that VE is honoring this treaty by "supporting" GOD by hand-picking which alliances can rip GOD to pieces?
And is that assertion supposed to make this look better? Hah!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1323839248' post='2877340']
You are correct. I know I would be...if instead of helping me out my eternal ally declares on an alliance that is fighting on my side of the war. But then again. nothing surprises me in this current state of chaos. Next thing you know TLR is going to be declaring on ODN because there weren't full glasses of orange juice at tea time.
[/quote]

Say what? This is an outrage! I demand a full investigation and an apology at once or we will roll at dawn!

GOD is on the defensive side of this conflict; there's no non-chaining language apparent; the treaty pre-dates the appearance of non-chaining in treaties; and it is a MADP, not a MDoAP. Add to that that VE was active in the planning of GOD's destruction, and I think we can call it a day and ask you to please spare us all the agony of watching [i]the [/i]WarriorConcept defend this spinelessness, betrayal, and base survivalism.
[/quote]

In case you weren't aware, VE retroactively made all our treaties non-chaining upon agreement with all our allies, including GOD in respect to our MADP.

Also you keep trying to argue for GOD, yet they're fine with this. It's almost as if we've been in contact through this war.

GOD is on the defensive side of this conflict; there's no non-chaining language apparent; the treaty pre-dates the appearance of non-chaining in treaties; and it is a MADP, not a MDoAP. [b] Add to that that VE was active in the planning of GOD's destruction[/b], and I think we can call it a day and ask you to please spare us all the agony of watching [i]the [/i]WarriorConcept defend this spinelessness, betrayal, and base survivalism.
[/quote]

Can't tell if you're making fun of your own position, or believe fake intel from Scratch. Either way that timing was flawless.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323842016' post='2877436']
Since you didn't bother to write anything to accompany this quote, am I to assume that you are saying that VE is honoring this treaty by "supporting" GOD by hand-picking which alliances can rip GOD to pieces?
And is that assertion supposed to make this look better? Hah!
[/quote]

The above section pretty clearly states that the Balkan Entente is little more than an oDoAP in which the signatories (GOD and VE) can choose when and what course of action to take depending on the circumstances. Just covering their bases, pretty much.

The discussion over whether they were right or wrong in not defending GOD is another matter, and one I won't dwell in to. But they weren't obligated to was my point.

As I said, good luck to both parties.

Pretend I also said what Jyrinx said.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323841264' post='2877411']
Our MADP with GOD has a non-chaining clause, something CnG does not have I believe. As well, GOD and VE has discussed this situation in the past and are both aware and satisfied with what we have agreed to.
[/quote]

I'm not sure I understand what a non-chaining MADP is. If GOD were to randomly declare a war you'd be obligated to assist, but not if they declare a war because of a treaty obligation? Doesn't that strike you as a bit... weird?

Again, this is between you and GOD. If you two are cool with it then whatever. I'm just saying that you might want to officially downgrade the treaty to an MDoAP just since MADP gives off a different vibe than what I think you want to give off.

GOD is on the defensive side of this conflict; there's no non-chaining language apparent; the treaty pre-dates the appearance of non-chaining in treaties; and it is a MADP, not an MDoAP. Add to that that VE was active in the planning of GOD's destruction, and I think we can call it a day and ask you to please spare us all the agony of watching [i]the [/i]WarriorConcept defend this spinelessness, betrayal, and base survivalism.
[/quote]

I knew this post [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104392&view=findpost&p=2778322"]sounded familiar[/url]...

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323841604' post='2877420']
In the same sense that all MDPs with non-chaining clauses are ODPs, sure.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1323841810' post='2877428']
Article 4:
[/quote]

These two gentlemen make my case for me really. The section Wu Tang quotes though is just ambiguous enough where it might be interpreted as this treaty really isn't an MADP and is actually an O-everything like it was stated. If you could explain to me how exactly this supports GOD's cause, I am willing to listen.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Floatsam' timestamp='1323841790' post='2877427']
Was GATO really in so much trouble that they needed to call in VE? Or is VE simply trying to find the easiest way to save face? Or were they commanded by unnamed overlords into their acts? Or are they just starving for an easy war? It is a mystery.
[/quote]

I think we have more NS in reserve than App has.....

That said we really appreciate VE's help because now that NS goes back on MHA.

[quote name='Floatsam' timestamp='1323841790' post='2877427']
Was GATO really in so much trouble that they needed to call in VE? Or is VE simply trying to find the easiest way to save face? Or were they commanded by unnamed overlords into their acts? Or are they just starving for an easy war? It is a mystery.
[/quote]

Couldn't tell ya. Whatever it is, we assure you, it won't be easy.

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1323842284' post='2877452']
I'm not sure I understand what a non-chaining MADP is. If GOD were to randomly declare a war you'd be obligated to assist, but not if they declare a war because of a treaty obligation? Doesn't that strike you as a bit... weird?

Again, this is between you and GOD. If you two are cool with it then whatever. I'm just saying that you might want to officially downgrade the treaty to an MDoAP just since MADP gives off a different vibe than what I think you want to give off.
[/quote]

Well, as Wu Tang has graciously shown a few posts above, the treaty essentially gives both of us the discretion to work with the other in order to work to the best of our abilities with mutual understanding of the other's position. In essence you can call it an MoAoDP as sometimes the best way to help the other may not necessarily be militarily but other means. To emphasize, both VE and GOD are cool with it and have been talking throughout this conflict.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323843105' post='2877487']
Well, as Wu Tang has graciously shown a few posts above, the treaty essentially gives both of us the discretion to work with the other in order to work to the best of our abilities with mutual understanding of the other's position. In essence you can call it an MoAoDP as sometimes the best way to help the other may not necessarily be militarily but other means. [b]To emphasize, both VE and GOD are cool with it and have been talking throughout this conflict.[/b]
[/quote]

Bolded part is all that really matters.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1323842461' post='2877461']
These two gentlemen make my case for me really. The section Wu Tang quotes though is just ambiguous enough where it might be interpreted as this treaty really isn't an MADP and is actually an O-everything like it was stated. If you could explain to me how exactly this supports GOD's cause, I am willing to listen.
[/quote]

No one is making the case that this declaration supports GOD, we do have other allies whom we have an obligation to help as well. GOD and VE have already agreed to certain things regarding this war and VE is still abiding by them regardless of this declaration. Rest assured GOD knows what we are doing for them and know this war will not affect that.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323843436' post='2877500']
Rest assured GOD knows what we are doing for them[/quote]Nothing.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323843436' post='2877500']and know this war will not affect that.
[/quote]Not at all.

Edited by Schattenmann