Declaration of War

Gaeta

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323843105' post='2877487']
Well, as Wu Tang has graciously shown a few posts above, the treaty essentially gives both of us the discretion to work with the other in order to work to the best of our abilities with mutual understanding of the other's position. In essence you can call it an MoAoDP as sometimes the best way to help the other may not necessarily be militarily but other means. To emphasize, both VE and GOD are cool with it and have been talking throughout this conflict.
[/quote]

Fair enough; I've never actually read the text of your treaty before and just assumed it was a full MADP since that was what I had heard from others. I do wonder what choice GOD had in the matter though since even if they really wanted you to fight with them you'd probably have declined as per Impero's post in another thread stating that VE was always going to be on this side due to the sheer number of other allies that you have here (plus Bloc preference). My gut instinct and suspicion is that GOD had little say-so in the matter, but since I have no evidence to suggest that I'll concede the point and be on my merry way.

Have fun with your war.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1323843928' post='2877511']
Considering the choices GOD had, I'm sure they were happy to agree to this. /sarcasm
[/quote]

I don't think that's for you to decide.

Look, I'm all for taking shots at GOD, and I'm not VE's biggest fan either. But this is beyond ridiculous. Anyone claiming to know the inner workings of the GOD-VE relationship despite what either party is saying here is either an idiot or just stretching for something. Personally, I don't care, I don't have a horse in this race. But at least be intelligent. Hate GOD or VE for something legitimate... not for not coming to the defense of the other after they had both decided to their respective course of action. It happens to at least 10 alliances every war... hell, RoK had to do it to FARK this war. You're not going to agree with your allies 100% of the time, you're not going to always be on the same side of wars... it happens. But if your treaty is worth anything that won't matter and the relationship will stand against all trials and you can move out of a mess together.

If VE and GOD's relationship is stained from all of this none of us know yet... so don't claim you do. Don't claim to speak for GOD's grievances, you're not their spokesperson. (Unless of course, you are.)

And, end rant.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323843981' post='2877512']
Nothing.

[/quote]

If that were the case, don't you think GOD would be in here complaining? I don't want to get into character attacks or whatever but you're literally reducing yourself to arguing for someone that isn't angry at all with what's happening.

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1323844044' post='2877514']
Fair enough; I've never actually read the text of your treaty before and just assumed it was a full MADP since that was what I had heard from others. I do wonder what choice GOD had in the matter though since even if they really wanted you to fight with them you'd probably have declined as per Impero's post in another thread stating that VE was always going to be on this side due to the sheer number of other allies that you have here (plus Bloc preference). My gut instinct and suspicion is that GOD had little say-so in the matter, but since I have no evidence to suggest that I'll concede the point and be on my merry way.

Have fun with your war.
[/quote]

Fighting for GOD is not completely off the table and they know this as do our other allies. Regardless thank you for being very civil throughout our little discussion and raising some good points.

Thanks, good luck with yours too.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323845005' post='2877537']
If that were the case, don't you think GOD would be in here complaining? I don't want to get into character attacks or whatever but you're literally reducing yourself to arguing for someone that isn't angry at all with what's happening.
[/quote]
I have been an advocate for the disenfranchised for quite a long time. Far from a disgrace, it is an honor above all.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='asawyer' timestamp='1323842223' post='2877449']
Can't tell if you're making fun of your own position, or believe fake intel from Scratch. Either way that timing was flawless.
[/quote]

Actually, I believe he was quoting Imperio.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323838245' post='2877298']
Hahaha, oh boy.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/2gcz5.png[/img]

Didn't Impero have the guts to post this DoW himself?

Hey, Valhalla, VE's busy; looks like you can impose whatever terms you want on GOD, now.
[/quote]
You have redeemed yourself good sir..A++

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1323843091' post='2877484']
You should see your own posts, youll be more amused.
[/quote]

Shouldn't you be busy determining which alliance you're going to follow next? 450 nation meatshield, ftw.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323845492' post='2877557']
I miss the days when you had legitimate arguments.
[/quote]
And I miss the days when I did not have to argue with you that regardless of whether or not you told GOD beforehand that it is still a scandal that you have fed them to the wolves.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323845583' post='2877560']
And I miss the days when I did not have to argue with you that regardless of whether or not you told GOD beforehand that it is still a scandal that you have fed them to the wolves.
[/quote]

Yet, no one in GOD agrees with you and we're having a very good time chatting at this very moment about you trying to advocate for something they're fine with.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1323845681' post='2877564']
I'd almost be surprised, but this sort of pathetic behavior has become about par for VE...
[/quote]

Yes, honoring an ally's request is clearly pathetic. Almost as bad as attacking an alliance after it just got peace 2 days before and is mostly still in anarchy with its allies already burning.

lol, VE

Also if people can't be bothered to write a treaty that doesn't contradict itself, or to amend the treaty text when you decide to make it mean something different, then why does anyone actually bother to write down treaties any more?

But, whatever, have fun avoiding any meaningful action while your allies get stomped.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1323846259' post='2877577']
lol, VE

Also if people can't be bothered to write a treaty that doesn't contradict itself, or to amend the treaty text when you decide to make it mean something different, then why does anyone actually bother to write down treaties any more?

But, whatever, have fun avoiding any meaningful action while your allies get stomped.
[/quote]
But Heft, all the best allies negotiate the amount of NS that gets to hit their treaty partners!

[quote name='K1L1On1Mr4' timestamp='1323841482' post='2877417']
Even tough i'm on the other side, i shall give my morale support for my old friends on GOD. Keep fighting dudes :nuke:
[/quote]

K1L1O! It's good to see you still kicking around. Your name comes up occasionally when we get to talking about good ex-GOD people. There'll always be a warm welcome for you over here.

Good luck with your wars, man.

Edited by RailForge

As much as I've personally been looking forward to fighting VE for a while (unlike GATO, who just happened to be attacking our allies in MHA), I've gotta say WOW what an interesting treaty chain and large number of alliances seem to be worried about just one lil Apparatus.

I'm flattered really -- if you add up the combined NS of the alliances that attacked us, you'll see just how truly hilarious this scenario is. Kinda like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer.

That said, welcome to the war. Hope you brought your warchests. We might be flies, but we are mighty pesky flies :)

WarriorConcept is an honorary member of GOD. That's really all that should need to be said about this. We're not angry with VE over this. Some of us (like myself) might be a little miffed at our overall strategy but that would be the sort of thing decided above my pay grade - I just nuke things and make bad OWF posts.

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1323856505' post='2877652']
Pray tell.
[/quote]

3rd string chain against an alliance of 71 with your 236 nations plus GATO?

Yep. Completely necessary.

Although I will say this, Asgaard and our allies must be pretty awesome when it takes RnR, FOK and VE to counter (<200 of) us.