Declaration of War

Gaeta

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1323844418' post='2877523']
I don't think that's for you to decide.

Look, I'm all for taking shots at GOD, and I'm not VE's biggest fan either. But this is beyond ridiculous. Anyone claiming to know the inner workings of the GOD-VE relationship despite what either party is saying here is either an idiot or just stretching for something. Personally, I don't care, I don't have a horse in this race. But at least be intelligent. Hate GOD or VE for something legitimate... not for not coming to the defense of the other after they had both decided to their respective course of action. It happens to at least 10 alliances every war... hell, RoK had to do it to FARK this war. You're not going to agree with your allies 100% of the time, you're not going to always be on the same side of wars... it happens. But if your treaty is worth anything that won't matter and the relationship will stand against all trials and you can move out of a mess together.

If VE and GOD's relationship is stained from all of this none of us know yet... so don't claim you do. Don't claim to speak for GOD's grievances, you're not their spokesperson. (Unless of course, you are.)

And, end rant.
[/quote]

I think its more that everyone arguing against VE for not defending GOD really just want to see VE burn by being on the curbstomped side. On that note, im not a big fan of this entire war because it is a curbstomp.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1323869876' post='2877734']
It's war. The goal is to destroy your opponent. If you have the ability to overwhelm them, you do it. I don't get why anyone is complaining about that.
[/quote]

Its alot more fun to fight a larger force though because you get constant war slots and can make lots of money off of crappy players as you get small.

Apparatus, best of luck to you. Hint on fighting VE, nuke their rebuilding nations getting aid falls, they might just white peace with you then.

Edited by Guffey

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1323876293' post='2877812']
I think its more that everyone arguing against VE for not defending GOD really just want to see VE burn by being on the curbstomped side. On that note, im not a big fan of this entire war because it is a curbstomp.
[/quote]
Shh! You're not supposed to point that out!
[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1323880938' post='2877842']
To be honest in the current dump they are in I don't think GOD is in the position to complain about anything, especially to VE, the only alliance they are friendly with that perhaps still have some leverage to somehow aid them in anything.
[/quote]
You clearly don't know us very well. We are [i]always[/i] in a position to complain.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1323876293' post='2877812']Apparatus, best of luck to you. Hint on fighting VE, nuke their rebuilding nations getting aid falls, they might just white peace with you then.[/quote]
It's also good to remember who they declared on, they tend to forget that and starting to threaten to escalate things.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323847407' post='2877599']
WarriorConcept is an honorary member of GOD. That's really all that should need to be said about this.
[/quote]

Are you guys really going to start waving around your friendship army like this?

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1323883566' post='2877865']
Are you guys really going to start waving around your friendship army like this?
[/quote]

That really wasn't the point of the post, mainly it was meant to demonstrate that if GOD had problems with our actions I would have been told so immediately. From speaking to them prior to and until this point of the war I have a better understanding here than those spouting faux outrage on behalf of GOD.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323884736' post='2877880']
That really wasn't the point of the post, mainly it was meant to demonstrate that if GOD had problems with our actions I would have been told so immediately. From speaking to them prior to and until this point of the war I have a better understanding here than those spouting faux outrage on behalf of GOD.
[/quote]

Fair enough!

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323846012' post='2877571']
Yes, honoring an ally's request is clearly pathetic.
[/quote]
You know what? You were one of the first people to make a jab at ODN during the NoCB War when they ditched Polaris. I suppose you guys haven't cancelled on GOD, but it's no less right now than it was then, and it make you, WarriorConcept, a hypocrite.

Figure it'd take an alliance of such low calibre as VE to make me feel sorry for GOD.

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1323887333' post='2877901']
You know what? You were one of the first people to make a jab at ODN during the NoCB War when they ditched Polaris. I suppose you guys haven't cancelled on GOD, but it's no less right now than it was then, and it make you, WarriorConcept, a hypocrite.

Figure it'd take an alliance of such low calibre as VE to make me feel sorry for GOD.
[/quote]

Yet, we are doing something for GOD and they know and are fine with it. Was NpO?

It's still highly amusing seeing people complain for a party that is okay with what's going on.

Anybody who was a participant in the "friendly" FARK/VE meet & greet in late 2008 has to be rolling on the floor laughing right now. I know I am. Those were the talks that arose because FARK had some hesitation that VE might not be a great fit for SuperFriends and was, therefore, blocking them from membership. The first question that was asked of the VE spokesman was (paraphrase - it's been 3 years) "Assume VE is in SF. What would be VE's course of action if one of its other MADP treaty partners attacked a SF alliance?" As we all know, the correct answer was "SF rolls together, regardless of other treaty obligations." The answer that was given was "We don't have to think about that because we (VE) would never let a situation like that that happen." The "friendly" chat ended with Xiphosis calling FARK's membership every pejorative he could think of and then attacking the FARK leadership for letting its general membership ask the VE diplomats questions. Fun times.

EDIT: As an aside, all VE had to do was give the correct answer to that one question and they were in.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1323888422' post='2877913']
The "friendly" chat ended with Xiphosis calling FARK's membership every pejorative he could think of and then attacking the FARK leadership for letting its general membership ask the VE diplomats questions. Fun times.
[/quote]
Looks like Xiphosis should've diversified GOD's nestegg.

EDIT: As an aside, all VE had to do was give the correct answer to that one question and they were in.
[/quote]

Looks like, in the end, VE made the wiser choice given SF's current hilariously bad diplomatic image.

Anybody who was a participant in the "friendly" FARK/VE meet & greet in late 2008 has to be rolling on the floor laughing right now. I know I am. Those were the talks that arose because FARK had some hesitation that VE might not be a great fit for SuperFriends and was, therefore, blocking them from membership. The first question that was asked of the VE spokesman was (paraphrase - it's been 3 years) "Assume VE is in SF. What would be VE's course of action if one of its other MADP treaty partners attacked a SF alliance?" As we all know, the correct answer was "SF rolls together, regardless of other treaty obligations." The answer that was given was "We don't have to think about that because we (VE) would never let a situation like that that happen." The "friendly" chat ended with Xiphosis calling FARK's membership every pejorative he could think of and then attacking the FARK leadership for letting its general membership ask the VE diplomats questions. Fun times.

[/quote]

Are you sure that's the correct answer? Seems like RoK didn't think so!

Anyway, you seem hung up on the past. It's almost 2012, get with the times. You're literally only ever arguing about things from years ago around here.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323888733' post='2877920']
Are you sure that's the correct answer? Seems like RoK didn't think so!
[/quote]

Aside from Gramlins, no alliance has lost its respectability as quickly and as completely as Ragnarok has. They've gone from respected power broker to low-rung alliance in the meatshield bloc.

[quote]Anyway, you seem hung up on the past. It's almost 2012, get with the times. You're literally only ever arguing about things from years ago around here.[/quote]

Who's arguing? I'm laughing. This is hilarious to anyone with a memory.