Declaration of War

Gaeta

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1323857294' post='2877655']
3rd string chain against an alliance of 71 with your 236 nations plus GATO?

Yep. Completely necessary.

Although I will say this, Asgaard and our allies must be pretty awesome when it takes RnR, FOK and VE to counter (<200 of) us.
[/quote]

I thought it was pretty well established that the goal of war is to bring all the forces available to maximize the damage you do and limit the damage do to you. By engaging Apparatus we allow GATO to focus on MHA.

And think how awesome Superfriends must be if you have to use the same tactics on them :rolleyes:

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1323857758' post='2877661']
I thought it was pretty well established that the goal of war is to bring all the forces available to maximize the damage you do and limit the damage do to you. By engaging Apparatus we allow GATO to focus on MHA.

And think how awesome Superfriends must be if you have to use the same tactics on them :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I think you fail to understand how these threads work. Everyone has to heckle on behalf of their allies.

But really. Asgaard has done nothing of the sort.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1323857294' post='2877655']
3rd string chain against an alliance of 71 with your 236 nations plus GATO?

Yep. Completely necessary.

Although I will say this, Asgaard and our allies must be pretty awesome when it takes RnR, FOK and VE to counter (<200 of) us.
[/quote]
Umm...VE countered Asgaard or its allies? I see VE countering Apparatus that came in as defense for MHA which seem to be enemies of Asgaard and friends.

[quote name='BDRocks' timestamp='1323857911' post='2877664']
Umm...VE countered Asgaard or its allies? I see VE countering Apparatus that came in as defense for MHA which seem to be enemies of Asgaard and friends.
[/quote]

Cept that MDoAP with Apparatus. The only enemies Asgaard has right now are people who have hit our allies or us.

Edited by commander thrawn

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1323857962' post='2877665']
Cept that MDoAP with Apparatus. The only enemies Asgaard has right now are people who have hit our allies or us.
[/quote]
I apologize, did not know of an Apparatus and Asgaard treaty and don't see it on your wiki or forums though I did notice that Asgaard has an MDoAP with Sparta. Where is your uproar for those attacking them?

[quote name='BDRocks' timestamp='1323858596' post='2877669']
I apologize, did not know of an Apparatus and Asgaard treaty and don't see it on your wiki or forums though I did notice that Asgaard has an MDoAP with Sparta. Where is your uproar for those attacking them?
[/quote]

We haven't updated the name (its the AzN treaty, sue us). We expected opportunistic attacks on Sparta(cause it always happens), and none of them have been this big of a stretch(treaty wise).

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1323842284' post='2877452']
I'm not sure I understand what a non-chaining MADP is. If GOD were to randomly declare a war you'd be obligated to assist, but not if they declare a war because of a treaty obligation? Doesn't that strike you as a bit... weird?

Again, this is between you and GOD. If you two are cool with it then whatever. I'm just saying that you might want to officially downgrade the treaty to an MDoAP just since MADP gives off a different vibe than what I think you want to give off.
[/quote]

Yeah the way it reads is this war would have been smarter fought if God randomly attacked a non-VE ally who would chain in help. VE would be obligated to go in, lol.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1323839914' post='2877360']
Honestly, this would be a 100% valid CB.
[/quote]

Let's squash the rumors now. The ODN gladly shares our abundance of fresh squeezed Orange Juice and Caek with our friends and worthy adversaries alike. Contrary to popular myth, our orange fields are still producing at their regular high level of output.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1323869876' post='2877734']
It's war. The goal is to destroy your opponent. If you have the ability to overwhelm them, you do it. I don't get why anyone is complaining about that.
[/quote]

its a war, if you have the ability to help your friends who needed help more, you do it. I dont get why anyone have to complain such logic to VE.

[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1323870280' post='2877741']
its a war, if you have the ability to help your friends who needed help more, you do it. I dont get why anyone have to complain such logic to VE.
[/quote]
Like has been said throughout the thread, we've been in contact with VE the whole war. We're fine with what they're doing.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1323869876' post='2877734']
It's war. The goal is to destroy your opponent. If you have the ability to overwhelm them, you do it. I don't get why anyone is complaining about that.
[/quote]
[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1323870280' post='2877741']
[/quote]

It could be because VE isn't helping out "friends". They're just saving face.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1323854050' post='2877645']
Can't say I'm happy we had to chain in VE of all alliances, but oh well. Good luck to everyone I suppose.
[/quote]

Yeah it does make this comment look a bit silly right?

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1323773414' post='2876431']
Overkill much?

Anyway, much luck to TSA, who will probably no doubt love every minute of it regardless :wub:
[/quote]

But oh well, you couldn't have known your side was likely to pile on a small alliance i suppose :rolleyes:

And just because it was someone from GATO who posted it, i can't leave this gem from the FOK DoW unquoted.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1323755330' post='2876257']
If it were that Black and White...

Pretty sad that RnR needs help to fight TSA and calls in FOK. No matter, FOK's a garbage alliance nowadays anyways.

o/ TSA
[/quote]

Apart from all that, guess that apparatus is kinda lucky it isn't doom house...

To VE, sad that the situation brought you to this place, none the less have fun.

Edited by EgoFreaky

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1323870542' post='2877747']
Yeah it does make this comment look a bit silly right?

But oh well, you couldn't have known your side was likely to pile on a small alliance i suppose :rolleyes:

And just because it was someone from GATO who posted it, i can't leave this gem from the FOK DoW unquoted.

Apart from all that, guess that apparatus is kinda lucky it isn't doom house...

To VE, sad that the situation brought you to this place, none the less have fun.
[/quote]

Fortunately for GATO, that individual tends to post the same sort of nonsense towards nearly everyone. It's sort of like my new favorite whining commentary.
Luckily, there are at least a few more sensible members whom are a better representation than [i]that[/i] one. :)

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote]

[/quote]

Look, I realise you really want to try and make a point, but if you'd like a representative view of what we're actually thinking please refer to my posts rather than those of a random member; I didn't bother to make such claims about RnR or FOK because they're your own strategic decisions... while I thanked VE for the assistance on an alliance we could beat at a little expense of our main focus on MHA. Spot any double standards there? Nope.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

Apparatus, I gotta admit, I have never even heard of you before last night, but I look forward to our war over the next few weeks, and the lovely casualties that come with it.

Good luck!

I also have to say its nice to see VE's favorite resident yappy little dog Shatt is back in full force, A VE declaration wouldn't be the same without you buddy, keep up the good work.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D