Peace in the Land

Raken

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1323391874' post='2869912']
I always thought CSN was a freaking joke. However, I thought their SF membership may have meant something. Apparently I was wrong.
[/quote]
This isnt that CSN, that CSN fought hard for GATO..this one would not and is not quite as noble

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1323389657' post='2869824']
Indeed, I hope the tech was worth this PR disaster, Doomhome.
[/quote]
By the time 80% of the world is done burning do you think this incident will be more than a foot note? Just waiting to see where Doom House redirects themselves, should be fun.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1323391841' post='2869910']
Who's the one?

At any rate, I don't know if I'm more confused as to why TTK and CRAP got hit, or why CSN isn't still getting hit, but congrats on peace I guess.
[/quote]

#104 of #105... one that pulls down our avg. no worries im sure we'll aid him 1b to fix that from happening again.

also wheres my tech from sparta?

So, this leaves DH (and Alchemy, but minus Umb given NS ranges) at war with only NPL, of the apparently "strategically important" alliances selected to be "preempted"? I would have thought an alliance like MHA would have been given a higher priority.

Regardless, good to see the reasonable approach taken by the DH leadership, at least, with respect to correcting its mistake. I guess this is the flaw in "preempting" alliances when you have no evidence of their actual intentions (as opposed to Fark's preempt on NPO due to its DoS, which seems fair enough).

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1323388579' post='2869755']
Thank you for recognizing a mistake and then half-assedly correcting that mistake. Brave new world indeed.
[/quote]

The irony of this is... if only... certain other people, would have realized these things... some time ago...

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1323393827' post='2869948']
So, this leaves DH (and Alchemy, but minus Umb given NS ranges) at war with only NPL, of the apparently "strategically important" alliances selected to be "preempted"? I would have thought an alliance like MHA would have been given a higher priority.

Regardless, good to see the reasonable approach taken by the DH leadership, at least, with respect to correcting its mistake. I guess this is the flaw in "preempting" alliances when you have no evidence of their actual intentions (as opposed to Fark's preempt on NPO due to its DoS, which seems fair enough).
[/quote]

In case you have failed to realize: Umbrella is allied to our alliance. If Doomhouse did decide to do so, they'd be doing it without Umbrella.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1323394062' post='2869955']
In case you have failed to realize: Umbrella is allied to our alliance. If Doomhouse did decide to do so, they'd be doing it without Umbrella.
[/quote]
More importantly, you aren't being being preempted because you don't plan on interfering on a major front, and the cost for preempting you on a minor front is too high.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1323393827' post='2869948']

[/quote]
NPL aren't strategically important, we just have a beef to settle with them.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1323394172' post='2869957']
More importantly, you aren't being being preempted because you don't plan on interfering on a major front, and the cost for preempting you on a minor front is too high.
[/quote]

No, DH wouldn't hit MHA. It is that simple.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1323394062' post='2869955']
[/quote]
Attacking allies of coalition partners has not seemed a problem so far in this war. But point taken with respect to MHA/Umb.

Edited by Sir Humphrey