CAMTIN DoW

Sardonic

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323321276' post='2868456']
Since when was it the responsibility of an alliance to announce neutrality in order to not get attacked? I've seen nothing to indicate that either of them planned to join the war.
[/quote]

They did announce they had several Mutual Defense pacts (announcement has been traditionally regarded as condition for recognition) so it'd be expectable them to announce if they were not planning to actually fulfil them - specially these days when counter-declarations take several days to happen.

We took their several MDoAPs as an indication of where they planned to side and we were not told otherwise.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1323321083' post='2868436']
I've seen nothing to indicate any neutrality claimed by CRAP and TTK, a number of alliances in this war have treaty conflicts and they're still fighting regardless. If there was any real intent to stay neutral it could have been announced, otherwise the bulk of their treaties point to them providing support for SF. We're just pre-empting that support.

This isn't just because we can, there is a strategic reason behind it. For me it's nothing personal, just business.
[/quote]
That's what TOP said about MK.

And for the record... You should not have hit CRAP.

[quote name='Furril' timestamp='1323320622' post='2868398']
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8gMGh.gif[/IMG]

Been waiting to pop my nuke cherry for months now.
[/quote]

If someone wants to declare on this guy you have my blessing

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323321276' post='2868456']
Since when was it the responsibility of an alliance to announce neutrality in order to not get attacked? I've seen nothing to indicate that either of them planned to join the war.
[/quote]

I've seen or heard nothing to indicate that they didn't plan to join the war, only when word got leaked that they were going to be hit and that was third party information so naturally I was skeptical. I received no queries from CRAP or TTK stating their intent to stay out after they were becoming aware that this might've happened. Of course it's not their responsibility to have to declare neutrality but if that was indeed their plan from the start it would've helped. If I got word that someone was maybe going to attack my alliance pre-emptively to stop me defending my allies and I intended on staying neutral I would goto that alliance and inform them of my intent. Even if it was just a rumour with little verification it's best to nip these things in the bud.

[quote name='Myworld' timestamp='1323320525' post='2868387']
Just leave some for the rest of us.
[/quote]

No. Go and find somewhere else to play. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323320685' post='2868403']
Am I missing something here or did DH just declare on a bunch of alliances - including two who are currently neutral due to treaty conflicts - because they felt like they could?
[/quote]

[img]http://againspire.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/sm1110whatever-posters.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1323321632' post='2868480']
They did announce they had several Mutual Defense pacts (announcement has been traditionally regarded as condition for recognition) so it'd be expectable them to announce if they were not planning to actually fulfil them - specially these days when counter-declarations take several days to happen.

We took their several MDoAPs as an indication of where they planned to side and we were not told otherwise.
[/quote]
I see, so it's a rule of your hegemony that anyone planning not to take part in a war has to immediately contact you to declare their neutrality or risk being rolled?

Edit: Daikos has the strongest argument I've seen from you guys so far. It's the middle of a war and you want to roll whoever you damn well feel like rolling. CB's are a thing of the past. We get it, no need to !@#$%^&*.

Edited by NoFish

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323321472' post='2868469']
So are they going to pre-empt WTF next? They haven't announced that they're going to be neutral this war but have shown just as much inclination to join as CRAP and TTK.
[/quote]

WTF are a neutral alliance. That's pretty common knowledge.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1323321720' post='2868487']
That's what TOP said about MK.

And for the record... You should not have hit CRAP.
[/quote]

No?

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1323321083' post='2868436']
This isn't just because we can, there is a strategic reason behind it. For me it's nothing personal, just business.
[/quote]

Tech raids are usually good for business. Good move, Umbrella.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1323322125' post='2868514']
I know it makes good propaganda but does anyone really believe that these alliances weren't in the wings for the polar side here.
[/quote]
Get Comms to make the propaganda. Let's get ahead of this one.

I think the issue RIA finds with you hitting us is that we're directly tied to both MJ and SF and both of those parties were well aware that we would not be participating in this fight. Since when is it common practice to inform those you have no treaty with that you intend to remain neutral, especially when you've already told the only people it should matter to, your treaty partners.

Whatever, we could have told DH we were going to be neutral and this would have happened anyway because we're on maroon and not a member of MEAT. CRAP happens (look, I forced a pun in your CRAPpy DoW. Oh look, another) and as has been said, the days of needing a CB are long gone.