CAMTIN DoW

Sardonic

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323320685' post='2868403']
Am I missing something here or did DH just declare on a bunch of alliances - including two who are currently neutral due to treaty conflicts - because they felt like they could?
[/quote]

Yeah, what you're missing is that [i]they can[/i]. Deal with it.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1323320218' post='2868371']
To NPL: I look forward to settling our differences on the battlefield.

Oh btw GOONS ghost decs on GDA via Europa.

Signed,
-Sardonic
GOONS Pilot.
[/quote]

Welcome to the fun, well sorta, GOONS! :awesome:

[quote name='KemMo' timestamp='1323320107' post='2868366']
Simply because you can, huh guys? Wait until the world opens it's eyes.
[/quote]

Typically, I'm against harsh/terrible/severe terms but honestly, I think in NPL's case, there should be an exception.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1323320848' post='2868419']
Why didn't you warn the rest of your alliance to actually buy soldiers?
[/quote]

Mass messages did go out, but seeing as we'd declared ourselves neutral not many people expected to be rolled. Those of us that were online geared up for the impending curbstomp.

Signed,
-Sardonic
GOONS Pilot.
[/quote]
Is this legit? :o

Am I missing something here or did DH just declare on a bunch of alliances - including two who are currently neutral due to treaty conflicts - because they felt like they could?
[/quote]

I've seen nothing to indicate any neutrality claimed by CRAP and TTK, a number of alliances in this war have treaty conflicts and they're still fighting regardless. If there was any real intent to stay neutral it could have been announced, otherwise the bulk of their treaties point to them providing support for SF. We're just pre-empting that support.

This isn't just because we can, there is a strategic reason behind it. For me it's nothing personal, just business.

[center][img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff195/CommisarGaunt/rebelagain.png[/img][/center]

Dearest Matilda,

I write to you tonight with great joy in my heart, boundless relief from months of terrible struggle. Just when I thought all hope might be lost, that we might not know the fullest glory of war, that our men might not earn their honor, news from my beloved protege. Our modicum of deference to the emerald court would not stay our hand, but merely guide it elsewhere! By the time you receive this letter, our soldiers will be deep into enemy territory. Even now the howling of scoundrels pierces through to my command tent.

A message just arrived from a runner. Already anarchy sweeps Templar streets! Their most valiant flee before us, as any wise man must. Intercepted messages already reflect crushing despair, the fleeting scent of spiritual victory swept away by mighty reality. I hope to dine in the Galactic Federation before the day is out, so that I might know their finest before glassing it all.

Give Ms. Spoonan my regards. It warms me to know that you are keeping after her. You are in my thoughts always.

Sincerest affections,
[i]The Southern Delegation[/i]

[/quote]
Well, when you wait this long, it's annoying, so they pre-empted.

[/quote]
They are no longer currently neutral if that helps.

Edited by Banksy

Signed,
-Sardonic
GOONS Pilot.
[/quote]
Hah! I dug around NPL for some thread research and they wouldn't give it up, said there was nothing wrong, hahaha.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1323321083' post='2868436']
I've seen nothing to indicate any neutrality claimed by CRAP and TTK, a number of alliances in this war have treaty conflicts and they're still fighting regardless. If there was any real intent to stay neutral it could have been announced, otherwise the bulk of their treaties point to them providing support for SF. We're just pre-empting that support.

This isn't just because we can, there is a strategic reason behind it. For me it's nothing personal, just business.
[/quote]
Since when was it the responsibility of an alliance to announce neutrality in order to not get attacked? I've seen nothing to indicate that either of them planned to join the war.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323321276' post='2868456']
Since when was it the responsibility of an alliance to announce neutrality in order to not get attacked? I've seen nothing to indicate that either of them planned to join the war.
[/quote]
If they weren't, then they are cowards and deserve to be attacked.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1323321125' post='2868439']
Well, when you wait this long, it's annoying, so they pre-empted.
[/quote]
[quote]
Well if they weren't they were cowards and deserved to be attacked[/quote]
So are they going to pre-empt WTF next? They haven't announced that they're going to be neutral this war but have shown just as much inclination to join as CRAP and TTK.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323321472' post='2868469']
So are they going to pre-empt WTF next? They haven't announced that they're going to be neutral this war but have shown just as much inclination to join as CRAP and TTK.
[/quote]

Quit wasting your time and deal with it.