[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1322506518' post='2854985']
And Polaris is dropping 200k NS per day while TOP/IRON combined have lost an average of only 50-70k NS per day.
[/quote]

Well what do you expect. That's what happens when the attacking alliance is organized and strikes the enemy while they may or may not be fully prepared. That's called good strategy on the part of TOP and IRON.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322506212' post='2854982']
It's been 2 days.
[/quote]
Two days of warfare (and a couple more hours) but more than five extra days of serious rumors. It's as if their political branch reacted but their military didn't. If you think we're enough of a threat to justify this hasty treaty, we should have been enough of a threat to make them get ready too.

Unless they had hoped this treaty would deter us and we called their bluff and they've since been scrambling to get their alliance ready.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1322511821' post='2855034']
Two days of warfare (and a couple more hours) but more than five extra days of serious rumors. It's as if their political branch reacted but their military didn't. If you think we're enough of a threat to justify this hasty treaty, we should have been enough of a threat to make them get ready too.

Unless they had hoped this treaty would deter us and we called their bluff and they've since been scrambling to get their alliance ready.
[/quote]
You've waited over two years to start this war - you can wait a little longer for it to take off.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1322509976' post='2855018']
While i see your point on oA treaties, Molon Labe was declared on by Umbrella, Dark Templar by someone else in SF (I wanna say R&R) Olympus was also engaged aggressively.
[/quote]
They declared first.

I don't particularly care about this argument, but there are people who do, so I'll address it.

We will do what we do when we do it. I am obligated, and dedicated, to helping my allies. I am under no such obligation to satisfy the expectations and desires of my enemies. And I am most certainly not going to give less than my best in order to downplay taunts and criticisms from people who expressly desire to see me or people I am committed to defending destroyed.

I am not interested in fighting a war for the hearts and minds of people who are either already favorably inclined towards us or are unlikely to become so. This is not 2006, or even 2009. People have had a good deal of time here to work out where their interests lie, what their beliefs are and where they stand on the political spectrum. You are not going to move people from one camp to another through a discussion on the OWF any longer, and certainly not in a hypothetical argument buried thirty pages deep in a treaty announcement.

Those of you who are trying to make an actual point should probably find a more productive place to make it. You aren't going to accomplish it here. For the not-insignificant number who are doing so merely for their own enjoyment, carry on. You will with or without my permission, so I see no reason to try standing in your way.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1322500901' post='2854928']
BINGO Ladies and gentleman this man gets it.

LOL and how many of those are still allies Omni. NONE of the above allies were declared upon initially ALL of them went in to the war via another treaty. So your saying because alliance X likes Y and signs a treaty with them Z is now obligated to defend Y because X has? So now all MDOAP treaties are just considered MDAP? There is a reason for the O and non-chain clauses. We did pleanty Omni we approached every ally prior to the conflict escaliting and discuseed it with them.
[/quote]
Bud tells the truth. Nordreich did not request any assistance from Valhalla in the last war. I'd know, I was Nordreich government.

[/quote]

You are not entitled to criticize someone on the lack of 'swift' decisions. The double standards amaze me.

Edited by Robster83

No doubt the RIA is not in this war already due to either 1.) a strategy they've had from the get-go that would call for their entrance at a more favorable time strategically or 2.) an unpreparedness that has left them scrambling for their best option. Whether they were ready or not, RIA will enter this war.

How and when (and the prudence of their choice) will become apparent before long.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1322507073' post='2854991']
CLEARLY THEY'RE NEVER COMING IN EVER!!one1!

Seriously guys, have some patience. RIA is so committed to treaties, it borders on insanity. They'll defend Polar.
[/quote]

This. I don't know why people are jumping on them. Give 'em time to prepare, like any smart alliance would.

[/quote]

Escalation builds in stages, we both know they'll show up when they think it bests suits the coalition as a whole. RIA is the only alliance to ever fight on both sides of a war at one time for their allies, and for that at least I respect them.

I'm fairly certain they never expected this treaty to ever scare anyone.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1322520397' post='2855119']
IIRC hasn't FOK also done this?
[/quote]

FOK announced that they would do so during WWE, but it didn't come to that. Whether they have at another point, I'm not sure.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1322514359' post='2855056']
I don't particularly care about this argument, but there are people who do, so I'll address it.

We will do what we do when we do it. I am obligated, and dedicated, to helping my allies. I am under no such obligation to satisfy the expectations and desires of my enemies. And I am most certainly not going to give less than my best in order to downplay taunts and criticisms from people who expressly desire to see me or people I am committed to defending destroyed.

I am not interested in fighting a war for the hearts and minds of people who are either already favorably inclined towards us or are unlikely to become so. This is not 2006, or even 2009. People have had a good deal of time here to work out where their interests lie, what their beliefs are and where they stand on the political spectrum. You are not going to move people from one camp to another through a discussion on the OWF any longer, and certainly not in a hypothetical argument buried thirty pages deep in a treaty announcement.

Those of you who are trying to make an actual point should probably find a more productive place to make it. You aren't going to accomplish it here. For the not-insignificant number who are doing so merely for their own enjoyment, carry on. You will with or without my permission, so I see no reason to try standing in your way.
[/quote]
Can't wait to see RIA in action up close.

Hopefully you'll bring alot of friends. :)

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322520283' post='2855116']
RIA is the only alliance to ever fight on both sides of a war at one time for their allies, and for that at least I respect them.
[/quote]

They are not the only alliance to do so, perhaps the only relevant alliance, but not the only alliance. I believe the first alliance to do the fight on both sides of the war due to treaty obligations was IAA during bi-polar. Defending Polar on the initial front and then defending Nemesis on the TOP-CnG front.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1322524623' post='2855151']
They are not the only alliance to do so, perhaps the only relevant alliance, but not the only alliance. I believe the first alliance to do the fight on both sides of the war due to treaty obligations was IAA during bi-polar. Defending Polar on the initial front and then defending Nemesis on the TOP-CnG front.
[/quote]

IAA fought with honor and class, always.
I always had huge respect for IAA.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1322524623' post='2855151']
[/quote]
Ah those were good times indeed.