• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1322002738' post='2849303']
Do you really think that the alliances of Doomhouse are run by raw bloodlust alone? Anyway, good luck, you're going to need it.
[/quote]

Not being party to the process that brought us this treaty I can only speculate that Polar and SF have decided they have a better chance standing together rather than being picked off separately.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1322016810' post='2849470']
Meh, all I got out of this is that now Polaris can hide behind VE's skirt as well. With all of the awful alliances VE is protecting these days I wonder how long they stay in the middle......Congrats for being the linchpin VE...
[/quote]

What in the world are you smoking?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322017343' post='2849477']
What in the world are you smoking?
[/quote]

I was going to ask the same question.

Also magicninja, by saying this you are ruining the "The rumors about attacks were just a joke" excuse, don't do that with your fellow comrades.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1322016810' post='2849470']
Meh, all I got out of this is that now Polaris can hide behind VE's skirt as well. With all of the awful alliances VE is protecting these days I wonder how long they stay in the middle......Congrats for being the linchpin VE...
[/quote]
I..wait..what. How is Polaris hiding behind us?

[quote name='Rhizoctonia' timestamp='1322011609' post='2849393']
Maybe their past choices have put them in the position to have the cards stacked against them like they're claiming. You would think if they did such, they would have the guts to fight if something would come there way....but it seems in a face of a so called threat they all run and hide instead of standing up
[/quote]
Yes, they should just sit around in Defcon 5 and let an out of the blue midnight blitz cripple them.

As for their past actions, I could care less. If TOP wants it's revenge that's all well and good. Just don't expect Polaris to lay down and take it.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1322019490' post='2849503']
While I wouldn't put it that far as to claim they are hiding under "your skirt".

The connection is there and it is strong.
[/quote]
It's an non-chaining ODP.

That's like saying that the connection between NG and RoK is strong, and RoK is hiding behind Non Grata.

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1322019979' post='2849506']

That's like saying that the connection between NG and RoK is strong, and RoK is hiding behind Non Grata.
[/quote]

It's actually a MDP

[quote]
In the interests of common security and mutual defense, the signatories agree that the economic and political well-being of one immediately affects the other. As such, an attack of any kind on one is considered a valid casus belli that must be acted upon by the other.

[/quote]

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322020376' post='2849511']
I believe he was referring to our ODP with RIA.
[/quote]

My apologies, in my reference to the connection earlier I was referring through the GOD treaty.

NpO > RIA > GOD > VE

All being MDP or higher at this current time.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1322019240' post='2849500']
I..wait..what. How is Polaris hiding behind us?
[/quote]

Clearly VE is the puppet master behind all this...

Or was it Xiph.... or NPO... i cant remember but I do know this has absolutely nothing to do with RIA and NpO... please continue. ^_^

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1322019979' post='2849506']

[/quote]
Quite frankly that is insulting... I will be having either Stewie or King Xander speaking to you shortly about this outrage. :ph34r:

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1322020486' post='2849512']
My apologize, in my reference to the connection I was referring through the GOD connection.
[/quote]

VE - GOD - RIA - NpO?

Our commitments are to our own allies, not theirs, hence our non-chaining clauses on all our treaties. I see your point of view, but I don't think anyone should hold their breath for VE defending NpO.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1322020486' post='2849512']
NpO > RIA > GOD > VE
[/quote]

NpO > FARK > RoK > NSO

clearly they are hiding under the skirt of the sith here...

NpO > STA > TPF > NPO

Or maybe its evil Pacifica?

NpO > FARK > MHA > Umbrella

Maybe the unstoppable top teir might of Umbrella?

See what i did there? :)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1321991026' post='2849172']
I wonder if people can keep a straight face in their private conversations with their allies when they request/recommend/advise said allies to drop their treaties with RIA, when they were the ones bashing Xiphosis when Xiphosis requested GOONS to drop their treaty with MK. Hypocrisy is a world who never get old around here.
[/quote]
This is a really terrible straw man argument. People bashed GOD for [b]cancelling[/b] on GOONS for failing to prevent MK from signing with TOP. I doubt even Xiph would have thought he could have gotten GOONS to cancel on MK.

This from Polar's assistant FA minister. :wacko:

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1322021264' post='2849521']
NpO > FARK > RoK > NSO

clearly they are hiding under the skirt of the sith here...

NpO > STA > TPF > NPO

Or maybe its evil Pacifica?

NpO > FARK > MHA > Umbrella

Maybe the unstoppable top teir might of Umbrella?

See what i did there? :)
[/quote]

Did you read my previous post?

I said while I said the connection is there, I wouldn't go as far to say VE will protect them.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1322021472' post='2849524']
This is a really terrible straw man argument. People bashed GOD for [b]cancelling[/b] on GOONS for failing to prevent MK from signing with TOP. I doubt even Xiph would have thought he could have gotten GOONS to cancel on MK.

This from Polar's assistant FA minister. :wacko:
[/quote]

I do not remember exactly what GOD requested from GOONS but I remember that what they wanted were no being indirectly allied with TOP, that's I cited the request for GOONS cancel with MK because it would be one of the ways to prevent GOD to being tied with TOP. Now my mistake doesn't make my point less valid and the point of my post was: People bashed GOD because they wanted to conduct the FA of their allies, now the same people are having the same conduct they criticized towards The International - RIA treaty.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1322021957' post='2849529']
Still haven't stopped laughing about this part. Seriously Polar what were you thinking?
[/quote]

Says the guy who made his alliance suffer an tremendous humiliation against Legion. :laugh:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1322022549' post='2849536']
I do not remember exactly what GOD requested from GOONS but I remember that what they wanted were no being indirectly allied with TOP, that's I cited the request for GOONS cancel with MK because it would be one of the ways to prevent GOD to being tied with TOP. Now my mistake doesn't make my point less valid and the point of my post was: People bashed GOD because they wanted to conduct the FA of their allies, now the same people are having the same conduct they criticized towards The International - RIA treaty.
[/quote]
Not even close to the same thing.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1322015134' post='2849447']
Any attack by TOP on Polar would not be "preemptive". It would be using the most valid CB in history, revenge for betraying them and their friends who came to assist them.
[/quote]
This man speaks the truth.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1322022549' post='2849536']
[/quote]
People bashed GOD because it was an absurd overreaction aimed at the wrong people.

In other words:
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1322022826' post='2849540']
Not even close to the same thing.
[/quote]