[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1321991026' post='2849172']
I wonder if people can keep a straight face in their private conversations with their allies when they request/recommend/advise said allies to drop their treaties with RIA, when they were the ones bashing Xiphosis when Xiphosis requested GOONS to drop their treaty with MK. Hypocrisy is a world who never get old around here.
[/quote]
D34th with the big H word again. Still failed to use it correctly.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1321962986' post='2848918']
At least they know they can count on our support when push comes to shove. I could go on but I'll leave the relationship between yourself and my good friends in INT among yourselves to handle. Furthermore, I would call it more of a suggestion, not pressure to drop the treaty you both share. I am not government after all so what I say shouldn't be taken as official TLR policy. As for the aggressive part: No regrets.
[/quote]
I dunno. I've got quite a few friends in C&G, both at government and membership level who I talk to quite a bit. From what I know, it's definitely more "pressure" than "suggestion."

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1321967610' post='2848970']
We were going to, but now you're allied to the Super Friends. Who would want to mess with them?!?

I think imma go into peace mode now.
[/quote]

Apparently, TOP wouldn't.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1321974258' post='2849014']
lol, Xiphy has been hiding and collecting in peacemode, good to see you lead from the front lines :lol1:
[/quote]
Oh, you.

[quote name='RustyNail' timestamp='1321975014' post='2849019']
I like the part where people think that TOP was going to hit Polaris. If that were to ever come about, I have a feeling that it would come like a thief in the night, not prematurely. BTW, I think they have medication to help with that problem now if the OP parties are having issues. :smug:
[/quote]

I like the part where TOP allies say they weren't going to hit Polar. I [i]love[/i] the part where TOP backed down, though.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1321985963' post='2849126']
Right.
[/quote]
We should compare track records. :)

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1321992124' post='2849191']
D34th with the big H word again. Still failed to use it correctly.
[/quote]

Argumentum ad hominem tu quoque, how about you address his point instead?

Also TLR told us they cancelled our treaty for purely political reasons, so maybe that's not "mass" cancellation but that was a good percentage of our non-SF/Chestnut treaties.

Virtually all our other non-SF/Chestnut allies have been under a lot of pressure to cancel on us too

Edited by James Dahl

Whoa! !@#$, I did not sign up for this [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]

[quote][color=#1C2837][size=2]On December 25, 2011 the signatories vow to re-evaluate the status of this treaty and if a renewal is not agreed upon the entirety of the Santa Clause will revert down to being completely optional.[/size][/color][color=#1C2837][size=2] [/size][/color][/quote]
I bet this was when they planned to originally sign this.

[quote name='dcrews20' timestamp='1321973373' post='2849007']
TOP has a good reason to hate you. As does the rest of BOB, so why don't you own up like a man instead of running away like a !@#$%.
[/quote]
He's not running away, he's just still trying to fit into Sponge's shoes despite it being years of him not being able to live up to his example.

When you see a [i]real[/i] Glorious !@#$%^&, it's pretty difficult to be impressed with posers.

I think that what Polaris should keep in mind isn't that they're the victim of some grand scheme, or fate is just against them, or anything like that. The New Polar Order is just a bunch of jackasses. They have been since they were founded. And the height of their power was when they were able to honestly leverage that aspect of their personality.

They then fell from grace when they decided to be (a la Grub) cowardly opportunists rather than balls-out Magnificent !@#$%^&*. And the consequences of those acts of opportunism and cowardice have lead Polaris to where it is now.

A pretty sad alliance that needs to rely upon the institutionalization of Peace Mode, and then rationalize it as being a "smart war time tactic", when the only reason they're afraid of war is due to the consequences of their own actions and poorly hidden paranoia.

I've watched the New Polar Order since it was founded. And even though my opinion doesn't count for !@#$, that doesn't make me any less right. Frankly, y'all suck. I mean, you are a pretty terrible alliance. By your own hands, too. Which makes it even sadder.

I like RIA, though. Good on you guys for taking the smart option of using a meatshield. You guys really will need it, and let's be honest, so many people are gonna want a piece of Polaris that they'll probably take some offensive slots off you guys when the war actually comes.

Good luck, RIA.

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1321993144' post='2849200']
I like the part where TOP allies say they weren't going to hit Polar. I [i]love[/i] the part where TOP backed down, though.
[/quote]
I guess I missed the part where TOP backed down from whatever they were supposed to back down from. But maybe that's just me.

:confused peon:

:ph34r:

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1321993144' post='2849200']
I dunno. I've got quite a few friends in C&G, both at government and membership level who I talk to quite a bit. From what I know, it's definitely more "pressure" than "suggestion."

[/quote]

Regardless, here's to hoping it finally pays off eh? We have a lot of vocal members in our alliance who frequent the C&G boards on a regular basis especially during big debates where the treaties we all have are being discussed. I won't deny that there are many people who say to INT "Drop RIA". Some INT members will respond with "Drop So and So" and the debate goes on and on. Our government (TLR) will ask us to tone it down a little once in awhile and we take their advise for the most part. Not once did a government member of any C&G alliance tell INT in a very serious or demanding tone to drop their treaty with RIA. We don't roll that way. All we do is suggest and advise just how they suggest and advise to us. Equal partnership and all that jazz.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1321993440' post='2849208']
You realize Argumentum ad Hominem is a logical [i]fallacy[/i] right?
[/quote]
You do realize that D34th was the person actually making an Argumentum ad hominem tu quoque argument do you not?

Know what you're talking about before you start spouting off Latin 101.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1321994244' post='2849216']
Regardless, here's to hoping it finally pays off eh? We have a lot of vocal members in our alliance who frequent the C&G boards on a regular basis especially during big debates where the treaties we all have are being discussed. I won't deny that there are many people who say to INT "Drop RIA". Some INT members will respond with "Drop So and So" and the debate goes on and on. Our government (TLR) will ask us to tone it down a little once in awhile and we take their advise for the most part. Not once did a government member of any C&G alliance tell INT in a very serious or demanding tone to drop their treaty with RIA. We don't roll that way. All we do is suggest and advise just how they suggest and advise to us. Equal partnership and all that jazz.
[/quote]
I love ya J, but I'm not taking your word for anything. I'll stick to what I know from the people who have proven I can trust them before.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1321993837' post='2849209']
I've watched the New Polar Order since it was founded. And even though my opinion doesn't count for !@#$, that doesn't make me any less right. Frankly, y'all suck. I mean, you are a pretty terrible alliance. By your own hands, too. Which makes it even sadder.

I like RIA, though. Good on you guys for taking the smart option of using a meatshield. You guys really will need it, and let's be honest, so many people are gonna want a piece of Polaris that they'll probably take some offensive slots off you guys when the war actually comes.

Good luck, RIA.
[/quote]

This man knows what he's talking about. Why is there so much of an obsession to roll Superfriends when Lolblue is the most offensive enemy around these days? Everyone just needs to join hands and put Lolblue out of its misery.

Besides, Ordo Paradoxia has already effectively defeated GOD. The powers that be should take out the blue sphere before Vlad and RV upstage them there too! :awesome:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1321991026' post='2849172']
I wonder if people can keep a straight face in their private conversations with their allies when they request/recommend/advise said allies to drop their treaties with RIA, when they were the ones bashing Xiphosis when Xiphosis requested GOONS to drop their treaty with MK. Hypocrisy is a world who never get old around here.
[/quote]

revisionist history at it's best right here.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321994832' post='2849223']
This man knows what he's talking about. Why is there so much of an obsession to roll Superfriends when Lolblue is the most offensive enemy around these days? Everyone just needs to join hands and put Lolblue out of its misery.

Besides, Ordo Paradoxia has already effectively defeated GOD. The powers that be should take out the blue sphere before Vlad and RV upstage them there too! :awesome:
[/quote]
With Polaris in peace mode already, I think it's safe to say that it's already too late for that! :awesome:

I mean, I understand the strategy:

Lord knows I'd never want to face down an angry RV in a dark alley on my own without some treaty chains as backup. So I guess hiding in a corner until the threat passes is strategically acceptable.

But damn it's lame nonetheless.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1321995023' post='2849225']
With Polaris in peace mode already, I think it's safe to say that it's already too late for that! :awesome:

I mean, I understand the strategy:

Lord knows I'd never want to face down an angry RV in a dark alley on my own without some treaty chains as backup. So I guess hiding in a corner until the threat passes is strategically acceptable.

But damn it's lame nonetheless.
[/quote]

I don't think Polar could pull a FAN. They'd crumble.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1321994595' post='2849219']
You do realize that D34th was the person actually making an Argumentum ad hominem tu quoque argument do you not?

Know what you're talking about before you start spouting off Latin 101.
[/quote]

Since when point out hypocrisy of those who were criticizing Xiphosis and now are doing the same thing he did is [i]ad hominem[/i] ?

Edited by D34th

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1321995278' post='2849228']
What does FAN have to do with hiding in a corner hoping RV doesnt notice them?
[/quote]

You mentioned that their being in peace mode would preclude gathering together and rolling them. It worked pretty well for the Continuum with FAN, and Polar is no FAN.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1321995293' post='2849229']
Since when point out hypocrisy the hypocrisy of those who were criticizing Xiphosis and now are doing the same thing he did is [i]ad hominem[/i]?
[/quote]
Why did they let you have a government office?

I mean, at least I come across as a rational individual some of the time. You can't even manage that much. I'm frankly baffled.

No but that being said Congrats, once again, to the Random Insanity Alliance on the acquisition of a fine, fine meatshield.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1321995422' post='2849231']=
No but that being said Congrats, once again, to the Random Insanity Alliance on the acquisition of a fine, fine meatshield.
[/quote]

Good meatshields don't have the habit of betraying you midwar and then leaving to fight for the other side. :(

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321995477' post='2849232']
Good meatshields don't have the habit of betraying you midwar and then leaving to fight for the other side. :(
[/quote]
Yes, but a fine meatshield just sits there, takes up offensive slots, and complains about how no one loves them anymore. :mellow:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321995350' post='2849230']
You mentioned that their being in peace mode would preclude gathering together and rolling them. It worked pretty well for the Continuum with FAN, and Polar is no FAN.
[/quote]
Ah, I missed that particular episode.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1321995293' post='2849229']
Since when point out hypocrisy of those who were criticizing Xiphosis and now are doing the same thing he did is [i]ad hominem[/i] ?
[/quote]
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?