[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1312482288' post='2771938']
Still look at your post and how great a reputation we have and then think what kind of rep SF had, would you not be surprised that they did not simply roll over us?
[/quote]

Not really ... you weren't fighting FARK. There's only so much an alliance (or in this instance, SuperFriends as a whole) can do tactically and their muscle is severely diminished. You're gloating about not getting rolled by an alliance that is smaller than yours. It's kind of comical.

[quote]Maybe they were overbooked and we lucked out.[/quote]

Maybe? You're not sure?

Edited by Krack

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1312482735' post='2771942']
That doesn't even make sense. How in the world would going to Fark help get NG rolled? You're a member of PB. It would make more sense if the story was that he went to VE, but that would be easier for you to check out.
[/quote]

Doesn't really answer the question. In fact, it seems positively evasive.

As you would see in the thread with spying, Crymson said Xiph went to try and persuade fark to war us. I wanted to see if it was true. If you're in GOD and unfamiliar with the situation this may refresh it. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104113&st=120&p=2770096&#entry2770096"]Here[/url]

GOD:

Is Xiph's downsized ego in this thread a realization that he no longer has any significant political capital or is it just an act to try to salvage what he can from the wreck known as GOD's FA?

CSN:

Do you think Liz is anything but an incompetent jerk who couldn't properly run a two-man bakery or has your membership just lost its sight?

RIA and RnR:

Do you ever dream about what it'd be like to have a say in the SF decision-making process?

Do SF see the ODP between MK and Nor as a message from MK to show where they will fight if a SF vs Mj war occurs?

What's SF opinions about MK? In the SG times MK used to be your biggest partner, why do you think they are politically opposed to you nowadays?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1312484152' post='2771954']
Do SF see the ODP between MK and Nor as a message from MK to show where they will fight if a SF vs Mj war occurs?[/quote]

Don't forget the IRON treaties with UMB and NG. DR would likely be on Mj's side in a SF vs. Mj conflict.

[quote name='Liz Girard' timestamp='1312480340' post='2771906']
Camel Menthol actually.[/quote]

Didn't figure you for a menthol smoker, but whatever floats your canoe. <_<

I find this attempt at public fence mending with the world community amusing in some respects. GOD/RnR/CSN/RIA are what they are and that is the same as it was prior to the Karma War. If people have made up their minds about SF and that opinion is negative, then I don't see how this is going to change anything, other than identifying points where "damage control" attempts could be made. It's too late for that.

GOD:
How do you feel about your membership being generally abrasive for things in the past, towards people who were not even around during that time

R&R:
If you had to chose who would you rather have fighting with you SF or XX

RIA:
Why is Mogar not a trim?

CSN:
How do you feel about NG attempting to hijack what was other wise a pleasant and cordial topic, but opening a very abrasive attack towards you

Anyone not CSN:
How do you feel about NG attempting to hijack what was other wise a pleasant and cordial topic, but opening a very abrasive attack towards CSN

All:
Boxer, briefs or thongs?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1312484404' post='2771956']
Didn't figure you for a menthol smoker, but whatever floats your canoe. <_<

I find this attempt at public fence mending with the world community amusing in some respects. GOD/RnR/CSN/RIA are what they are and that is the same as it was prior to the Karma War. If people have made up their minds about SF and that opinion is negative, then I don't see how this is going to change anything, other than identifying points where "damage control" attempts could be made. It's too late for that.
[/quote]
I agree with you. I'm getting something entirely different out of this exercise.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1312480110' post='2771904']
bj already asked this
[/quote]
That's what I get for not reading the thread thoroughly, I saw it but forgot about it because I missed the response.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312439423' post='2771602']
Why believe in God if it's going to hurt your position in society to do so? Which is to say; because it's an ideal I hold, even if it's bad for realpolitikal ends, and I tend to defend my beliefs. I think disbandment makes everyone put a lot of effort into nation building, I think it makes people care more about what treaties they sign - and how they perform in wars - because it raises the stakes so high, and I think having it off the table breeds laziness and sloppy treaty signing [leading to a ballooning web]. It's a valid position and not one I'm going to abandon simply for emotional or PR reasons.
[/quote]
I think you're ignoring two things here.

First: You're ignoring the community aspect of the game. When you disband an alliance, you're not only disbanding an in-game alliance but a community.

Second: Making the stakes so high encourages people to only do things for survival and not try to branch out and take risks. That's why many people stuck to NPO and its friends for so long, because the consequences of being caught outside of the ruling clique were so harsh.

Do you regret cancelling the GOONS treaty? If one of your allies signed with TOP or NPO how would you respond?

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1312485444' post='2771973']
How do you pronounce Mixoux's name?
[/quote]

Me~sooks?

Looks a bit lame written out, but thats the way I pronounce it...

Edited by erikz

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1312441961' post='2771640']
I don't believe [i]any[/i] alliance can disband against its will. You either choose to keep fighting/die off from inactivity or disband, nobody forces your AA to delete. Alliances folded under much shorter wars in 2007 than today, but the principle is the same.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No alliance can be forced to disband. Technically speaking, that is true. But if certain parties insist on seeing peace denied to them for months and months on end, well, then there is an incentive to disband. Especially if they know they'll still be marked for death even after being crippled severely. So cut your weak justifications. Also, this isn't 2007, and extended wars are much more devastating.

Anyway, a question. How much does GOD look forward to answering for all of Xiph's !@#$ throughout the last few years? I know I certainly can't wait for it. If any alliance deserves what it has coming it has to be GOD. Would you agree?[/color]

SF, I apologise for my fellow NGers in your thread. This should not be a place for us to air our dirty linen. We have differences between our members, but we should not be letting this enter into this thread.

My questions

1. How has SF fared in the past several months since ROK left the bloc, do you find yourselves more united or are their cracks in the longstanding relationships?

2. If you could pick one leader from the entire history of BOB to lead SF as a coalition leader, who would you choose?

3. What are your opinions of the current Treaty Web? Have there been any treaties which SF as a whole have stood back and questioned?

4. Chicken or Beef?

5. Wine or Beer?

6. Are you for or against mergers of many micros to form larger alliances?

7. Pasta or Pizza?

8. McDonalds or KFC?

9. What is your opinion of the ultimate Triumverate for an alliance?

10. Do you agree that many people hold onto ancient history too much?

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1312484624' post='2771959']

Anyone not CSN:
How do you feel about NG attempting to hijack what was other wise a pleasant and cordial topic, but opening a very abrasive attack towards CSN [/quote]

To be fair, everyone knew it was going to happen, it was just a matter of who and when.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1312480668' post='2771909']
Woh. Do you understand how hypocritical you are now?
[/quote]
Our members [for the most part] know our policy. On the off chance there is a deal with an outside alliance, we remind them about said policy so it doesn't happen again. We don't criticize the other alliance for looking at our sellers, or go yell at them to stop. We try to handle our stuff internally, and if we can't then that's on us.

[quote name='Nigro Nigronious' timestamp='1312480892' post='2771913']
Is that because you have to follow every little thing Xiph does? He closed our embassy and cut off all ties, then you did the same. Except he did it himself, you sent gibs over to do it.
[/quote]

It was our idea first, actually. He liked it and followed suit.
[spoiler][22:24] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> We just closed ROK's embassy on our forums at any rate
[22:24] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> Yippee
[22:25] <~Xiph0> ooh good idea
06[22:26] * @SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query] tips his hat.
06[22:26] * ~Xiph0 ndods
[22:26] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> Ain't dealing with that !@#$ anymore.
01[22:26] <@Gibsonator21> i hope lulz commence ^.^
[22:27] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> I might throw in a word or two before our embassy on their forums are closed
01[22:27] <@Gibsonator21> you should
01[22:27] <@Gibsonator21> never know if theyre not just gonna close it as soon as they see it
-snip-
[22:33] <~Xiph0> RoK embassy shuttered
01[22:33] <@Gibsonator21> copy cat :P
[22:33] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> lol
04[22:33] <~Xiph0> only the good ideas gibs :P
01[22:34] <@Gibsonator21> haha
[22:34] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> lol[/spoiler]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1312484152' post='2771954']
Do SF see the ODP between MK and Nor as a message from MK to show where they will fight if a SF vs Mj war occurs?

What's SF opinions about MK? In the SG times MK used to be your biggest partner, why do you think they are politically opposed to you nowadays?
[/quote]
More or less, yeah.

MK is disliked. I've personally always disliked them, running back to my days in GATO. I would assume they are opposed to us these days because they need a new target, and with all the mistakes we've been making we're an easy target. Can't really blame them.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298992282' post='2648091']
[color="#0000FF"]How many times did the masses speak out against NPO? For years it never amounted to something, mainly due to the NPO's savvy. Savvy that CSN does not have. While results never are immediate, they do eventually happen. CSN made a lot of enemies doing this, and unnecessarily so.[/color]
[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298992471' post='2648095']
Fair enough. For a lighter note, at least it gives me a job to do instead of just sitting around in IRC.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Are you busy now SpacingOutMan? Do you think you will be very busy in the near future?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1312453338' post='2771717']
lol @ blaming Ardus for your predicament. Your macho rhetoric and constant stream of bile that's built up over the years, Xiphosis, has lead to your current pariah status, not Ardus running about 'spreading lies' over the course of a month.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yeah, I was thinking about calling him out on his little blame Ardus story this morning, but I had to go to work before I could type up a post. Either way, we all know how Xiph wet himself when he saw the coalition that had lined up against SF. Of course he was going to weasel out of that war. But I can assure you had he not been up against what he was he'd have pushed for it. He's never been shy to beat down an alliance. Nothing he loves more than to flex his muscles and have his ego stroked. Oh, I'll greatly enjoy the next war. I can hardly wait.[/color]