[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1312454259' post='2771719']
Which side would you like us to "lead" exactly? We're kind of stuck in the middle if you hadn't noticed.
[/quote]

Here's what you do: Wait for war to break out, then make a joint declaration of neutrality with C&G. Then, the two of you (PB and C&G) have a fun, non-nuclear war to stave off boredom, keep from getting rusty, make new friends, and keep your respective casualty counts up.

[quote]you guys missed this question:

who is the weakest link in SF military wise? [/quote]

Thinking of calling dibs?

Now, on to my questions:

Why haven't R&R answered any questions?

Pick one bloc to marry, one to kill, and one to... well you know.

Would a CSN-GOD merger be possible?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312440039' post='2771610']
Happily. Ardus claims that I "nearly got us all ripped apart" in the SOS-NsO war. He's claimed it a couple of times. He also knows it's simply not true: we both worked on sorting out peace that night. He knows first-hand that I had no interest in it escalating, we were in query talking to our respective sides trying to chill everything out.
[/quote]
I'd just like to chime in here as an involved party and say this is absolutely correct, and if anyone doubts this Xiph, feel free to dump whatever parts of our query you want. Resolution, not escalation, was the intent.

[quote]Not pushed the UPN issue and entered on the NPO front. The former wasn't warranted considering the work UPN has done since that war to actually not be a terrible alliance....[/quote]

Simply quoted as the first OWF words that have ever caused me to fall out of my chair in shock.

Back to NG-SF and such.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1312464318' post='2771754']
Not that great judging by their embassy on our boards, 1 post in 2 weeks and that was just an update to a topic already posted.
[/quote]
A disused embassy is not evidence of a faulty relationship. IRC is preferable to most people.

Anyway:
@Xiphosis:

1. You are accused of spreading the rumor that MJ was out to get DH prior to its formation in an attempt to rally support against MJ, whom you saw as a threat. Do you contest this?

2. You've expressed repeatedly your extreme hatred of TOP, dating back to the karma era, for the actions of a previous government no longer in power. That's pretty stupid, but that's not my question. You cancelled on us because of being a mere 3 non-chaining treaties away from TOP. If for example one of your direct allies signed with TOP, would I be correct in assuming you would cancel immediately so as to not let the "message" you sent when you cancelled on GOONS go to waste?

3. Have you ever tried, you know, apologizing to the people who have issues with you?

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1312471568' post='2771816']
2. You've expressed repeatedly your extreme hatred of TOP, dating back to the karma era, for the actions of a previous government no longer in power. That's pretty stupid, but that's not my question. You cancelled on us because of being a mere 3 non-chaining treaties away from TOP. If for example one of your direct allies signed with TOP, would I be correct in assuming you would cancel immediately so as to not let the "message" you sent when you cancelled on GOONS go to waste?
[/quote]

That's a good question. Let's say an alliance (or alliances) had an extreme hatred of Polar, dating back to the Bi-Polar War, for the actions of a previous government no longer in power ... you'd consider that pretty stupid too, right? How about if an alliance (or alliances) had an extreme hatred of Pacifica, dating back to 2007, for the actions of a previous government no longer in power ... incredibly dumb, right? Just epic levels of idiocy, right?

Just asking.

/Cybernations: Where all grudges are equally stupid, but some grudges are more stupid than others.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312472134' post='2771818']
That's a good question. Let's say an alliance (or alliances) had an extreme hatred of Polar, dating back to the Bi-Polar War, for the actions of a previous government no longer in power ... you'd consider that pretty stupid too, right?
[/quote]
It would be foolish to say that TOP has not changed since Karma. I haven't seen such comparable change from NpO.

EDIT: And until recently this year, I hadn't seen comparable change in NPO either.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1312472337' post='2771819']
It would be foolish to say that TOP has not changed since Karma. I haven't seen such comparable change from NpO.

EDIT: And until recently this year, I hadn't seen comparable change in NPO either.
[/quote]

Does this forum have the smiley that rolls back and forth laughing?

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312472580' post='2771821']
Does this forum have the smiley that rolls back and forth laughing?
[/quote]

I dont think so. Would you like one? If so, where can you get one from and how would you implement it?

Thanks.

[quote name='Fulgrim' timestamp='1312472742' post='2771822']
I dont think so. Would you like one? If so, where can you get one from and how would you implement it?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Yes, I would like one. I would make it look like this - [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing012.gif[/img] - and I would make it selectable from the forum's emoticon selection panel.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1312472337' post='2771819']

[/quote]

I'd have to agree with Sardonic in terms of TOP. While they do hold a justified aggression towards NpO, I do like how they have come out of being just an MK ally to ingraining itself more into the political ongoings of the world.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1312471568' post='2771816']
A disused embassy is not evidence of a faulty relationship. IRC is preferable to most people.

Anyway:
@Xiphosis:

1. You are accused of spreading the rumor that MJ was out to get DH prior to its formation in an attempt to rally support against MJ, whom you saw as a threat. Do you contest this?

3. Have you ever tried, you know, apologizing to the people who have issues with you?
[/quote]

Do they use Coldfront to chat to us? Because when I'm on syn I have never once seen a CSN dude chatting in the public room.

Also your questions are pretty good, I attempted to ask similar questions in their embassy, but not as articulate as you :P

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1312453338' post='2771717']
lol @ blaming Ardus for your predicament. Your macho rhetoric and constant stream of bile that's built up over the years, Xiphosis, has lead to your current pariah status, not Ardus running about 'spreading lies' over the course of a month.
[/quote]

You know Xiphosis is not going to understand this, right? Anyway....

Hi, Xiphosis.

Does Nordreich still have a 'stranglehold on Black'? If yes, could you please let us know when that happened? (Nobody over here has any clue what you're talking about.) If not, could you tell us when we lost it? (Maybe we can look back and see some vague, qualitative, change of feelings.)

You once predicted that Nordreich would 'turn coat'. You've never indicated what you meant by this and you've never said when this supposedly happened. Since to my knowledge we've never gone back on an agreement once reached, you will forgive me if perhaps I've no clue what you're talking about. At various times I've spoken with our allies about this, including those who were once tied to you. They don't know either. So, what the hell were you talking about?

Now for a bit of editorial. It may surprise you to learn that I actually had some respect for you at one point. In fact, I believe I was the last person in NoR to join the "there's no point talking to that delusional, paranoid psychotic, self-obsessed clown" camp.

Do you wish you'd been just a little bit more diplomatic in our last couple of discussions? Specifically, do you wish that you hadn't talked !@#$ to me and then launched into tirades about things that happened four years ago; incidents that I had nothing to do with and which existed only in your imagination in the first place?

This Q&A was a fantastic idea, by the way. I don't know why you thought it would be possible to somehow retrieve whatever respect you once had, but there are some genuine 'comedy gold' moments for people who understand history or the current political alignment.

Finally, and with respect to an SF/Mj showdown that you seem to crave so badly, all I can say is that it has never come up in any of my discussions with our allies except in a very vague, "lol Xiphosis" kind of way. We're quite content to watch you melt down all on your own. But hey, if you wish to start something, I'm sure we'd be happy to finish it for you.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1312466472' post='2771777']
I'm glad to hear it was just one incident and VE won't be forced to choose anytime soon between allies. Thank you for your responses.
[/quote]

What makes you so sure?

Question to SF:

Whats your view on PB currently in terms of relations with SF? and do you believe PB has strong connections with SF?

[quote name='Nigro Nigronious' timestamp='1312474895' post='2771842']
Do you find it tastefully ironic that you screamed and made a huge scene about our Polaris treaty, and now it seems they might be one of the only alliances left who might fight for you?
[/quote]
What? SF still has a bucket load of MD+ treaties.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1312444250' post='2771666']
Lately? Let's see.

CSN demanding reps from Dark Templar just in general is probably up there. Actually, this is a pretty good example of how information flow can exacerbate an on-going situation until a problem arising from poor decisions can turn into a major fiasco. I'm sure most people know what happened by now, but I'll stick in a summary for interested parties. CSN was fighting LoSS in the previous war, and DT declared war upon Legacy, CSN's partner, in defense of LoSS, citing their ODP. After a relatively short time, DT went to them looking for peace. Now, Goose saw the short fight, use of an ODP and the fact that peace was being sought without LoSS, and interpreted that to mean DT was using the war as an excuse to give them a couple licks and walk away. Whether or not you agree with the validity of this interpretation, that is how he saw things and what lead to the next step. Wanting to make sure that DT either stuck around to defend the alliance they declared in defense of, or was punished for taking actions he viewed as opportunistic, Goose set a fairly stringent set of reparations as a requirement for early peace.

Edit: It's 4 am and I wrote the wrong alliance
[/quote]

You got the events in the war out of order, but it's cool it was a 4am.

And what are you talking about? We are yalls biggest fan

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1312465514' post='2771764']
How does RnR and RIA feel about the retarded moves made by GOD and CsN in the last year?
[/quote]

I think you're forgetting a few random events about last war.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1312470278' post='2771808']
Question to the non-GOD members of SF.

In the last war it seemed as if you blindly followed Xiph (see KingZog's sig). In the next war, will you be content to follow his Machiavellianism blindly, or will you take charge of your own fates?
[/quote]
We don't follow Xiph at all, blindly or otherwise. He winds up being blamed for just about everything, though, because people already hate him and enjoy finding new reasons to do so.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1312444733' post='2771672']
I think it was Xiph's.
[/quote]

As if anyone doubted this thread was Xiph's idea. I mean, SF created this thread, right?

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1312475713' post='2771854']
What? SF still has a bucket load of MD+ treaties.
[/quote]

This is an effort to save those treaties I think. When those treaties start getting whittled down, that's about the time to get your alliance active........

I have no questions to ask because the last war answered most of them. I will however wish you all good luck in whatever happens around December 17th.