[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1312502245' post='2772176']
Don't take it personally, RV. I haven't.

I just see it as Xychosis tacitly agreeing that he's been a moronic blowhard in our last two or three conversations.

EDIT: Oh, and he probably feels a bit stupid for having claimed that Nordreich had a stranglehold on Black and that we 'turned coat' against....hmmm....sorry, forgot who we were supposed to have betrayed.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You're either with GOD or you're against GOD, I believe Xiphypoo said once. NoR clearly isn't with GOD, so obviously you have turned your coat against GOD.

Would that be the jist of it Xiphypoo?[/color]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1312487208' post='2771997']
How do you feel about being hated by people you were once close to?

Do you have any regrets from the last war? would you have played it any different?

Also I just wanted to say SF is my favorite bloc out there right now. Hands down.
[/quote]
Clearly they weren't that good of friends.

Regrets, no. It's a learning experience, in my view. If the situation came again, yes, things would go down differently.

:wub:

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1312487404' post='2772000']
Do you think given CSN and GOD's answers are similar that it is fair to say most of SF speaks their opinion and does their own thing?
Does that ever lead to conflicts?
[/quote]

Every alliance in SF have their own opinion. We all bring them to the table and we usually compromise. Not much ever leads to "conflict." RoK was the last one of those.

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1312487472' post='2772002']
Best and worst NSO member and why?

When do you guys see the next war coming?
[/quote]

RV is my favorite because he's funny. Even when I disagree with him, I enjoy reading his posts.
I can't think of one I dislike. I know there are some, but none really jump to my head.

[quote name='Vinzent Zeppelin' timestamp='1312488654' post='2772021']
For the record, of the alliances in Superfriends, which corresponds to which superhero? And to the respective alliances, why that superhero in particular?

Also, if you were to sit down and discuss an issue over drinks with either myself, Nemhauser, or pd73bassman, whom would you choose and why?
[/quote]
Probably pd73bassman. The only reason is I see him posts more, and I like the name. I don't know any of you personally, so that's all I got for ya.

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1312488711' post='2772024']
What's the snipped part?
[/quote]
[quote name='Nigro Nigronious' timestamp='1312489328' post='2772035']
Exactly.
[/quote]

It was talking about RoK, obviously. They didn't really matter to prove my statement, but since you asked:

[spoiler][22:24] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> We just closed ROK's embassy on our forums at any rate
[22:24] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> Yippee
[22:25] <~Xiph0> ooh good idea
06[22:26] * @SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query] tips his hat.
06[22:26] * ~Xiph0 ndods
[22:26] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> Ain't dealing with that !@#$ anymore.
01[22:26] <@Gibsonator21> i hope lulz commence ^.^
[22:27] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> I might throw in a word or two before our embassy on their forums are closed
01[22:27] <@Gibsonator21> you should
01[22:27] <@Gibsonator21> never know if theyre not just gonna close it as soon as they see it
[22:28] <&Big_Z> Wait wait wait
[22:28] <&Big_Z> !@#$%^&*
[22:29] <&Big_Z> We told RoK we were hitting Polar's allies before they told us they were defending Polar
[22:29] <&Big_Z> Hell
[22:29] <@Mixoux> lol
[22:29] <@Mixoux> we know that
[22:29] <&Big_Z> They didn't even technically tell us
[22:29] <~Xiph0> Crymson already pointed it out
[22:29] <~Xiph0> funnily enough
[22:29] <@Mixoux> Yeah
[22:29] <&Big_Z> It was me asking Taut if it was true about the intel I was hearing that RoK was defending Polar
[22:31] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> God damn it I hate AAAAAAGGGGGG's forum name lol
[22:33] <~Xiph0> RoK embassy shuttered
01[22:33] <@Gibsonator21> copy cat :P
[22:33] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> lol
04[22:33] <~Xiph0> only the good ideas gibs :P
01[22:34] <@Gibsonator21> haha
[22:34] <@SpacingOutMan[CSN|Query]> lol[/spoiler]

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1312489927' post='2772041']
Why haven't RIA and R&R left GOD and CSN to their fates yet? Why does SF still exist? Why does anyone still hold a treaty with GOD or CSN? Is Liz really as incompetent as you/she seems to go out of her way to make herself appear?
[/quote]
Because we're all friends. SF exists because we're friends. Because of our bacon. I dunno, why don't you ask them? Clearly they see something you don't. No. she isn't. :P

[quote name='Mixer' timestamp='1312488369' post='2772016']
Question for Gibsonator: Which alliance or alliances do you think have the most misconstrued view of CSN. What event(s) led to their wrong impression?
[/quote]

I have no idea who to name on the first question. The second one, pretty much the entire war gave a "wrong" impression. I can't really fault anyone for disliking us, but some people just push things that are flat out false.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1312491279' post='2772056']
So is it fair to say that you don't agree with Xiph's grudge against TOP?
[/quote]
Does it matter? We don't have to agree on personal feelings of people. I have my grudges, you have yours. GOD is its own alliance, and if Xiph wants to continue of his grudge with them, whatever. He isn't aggressively trying to put a coalition against them, or even trying to go after them at all. The only thing that I've seen him do is cancel on GOONS over it; that's none of my business.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1312491686' post='2772062']
General questions:

1. In terms of survival for SF, do you see vertical growth (simply building up your current membership bases), horizontal growth (actively recruiting new members to the existing AAs or adding another AA to the bloc entirely), or a certain blend of the two as being the most likely course with which you'll have success with?[/quote]

It's a blend. Of course we have to bolster our own alliances, both in the big stats (nukes, tech, etc) and in membership numbers. I don't see us bringing someone into the bloc anytime soon.

[quote]2. What does SF think about the speculation that many of the smaller Maroon alliances appear to be displeased with SF and actions some of its members have taken in recent months?[/quote]

We have constant communication with them and we talk to them about everything. In terms of CRAP and TTK, Chuck and Wiccan aren't scared. If they want to know something, they'll ask. If they see something they don't like, they will come talk to us.

[quote]3. If you could be in an important IRC discussion/meeting and tell one person simply to $#^@ off, who would it be and why?
[/quote]

TimLee. He's a dick.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1312491851' post='2772063']
What's SF opinion, as a block and individually, about Polaris these days?

I'd like to each alliances answered this one please.
[/quote]
If you asked me a month ago, my answer would be different. But I'm starting to like you guys after our Q&A. Dajobo is a good guy.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1312491999' post='2772066']
inb4 they all claim the Polar is a solid alliance and a good friend.
[/quote]

If you're trying to say that we'll say we like every alliance, then no. Ask me about an alliance I don't like and you'll get my honest reply.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1312492483' post='2772068']
What goes around comes around and Xiphosis has made it very clear that forced disbandment should be considered a tool of war. When the inevitable war comes, if SF loses would it be a fair term to force the disbandment of all its members and to see its leaders forced to re-roll?[/quote]

Someone can demand that, but it's not going to happen.

[quote]Do you think its actually possible to avoid the backlash of public opinion, and the coming war SF is faced with.
[/quote]

It'd be nice to avoid getting rolled, but honestly, I think it will be fun. It's a different element to the game. Then we get to try and climb back to the top. It's different, and it would be a challenge.

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1312494556' post='2772089']
What was your biggest mistake as an individual alliance and as a bloc?

What was your greatest achievement as an individual alliance and as a bloc?
[/quote]
In my time here, as an alliance our greatest mistake was how we went about the reps issue. As a bloc, I couldn't really tell you. Maybe how we, as a group, handled RoK towards the end. That's something I regret, personally.

Greatest achievement in CSN is a toughy. I'd have to say how we banded together when we had a smear campaign ran against us. Either that or how we've been pulling up our activity rates lately, and importing more tech. As a bloc, in my time here I don't think we've had any great achievements.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1312497135' post='2772122']
He would probably cancel his other treaty with GOONS

You don't have a big enough upper tier to justify making you a target and we don't much fancy the idea of dragging Sparta or VE down with you.
[/quote]

GOD doesn't have a GOONS treaty. That's CSN. GOD =/= CSN.

Didn't stop you from going onto NPO, did it? The second part I would understand, but I don't actually believe you.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1312499403' post='2772143']
Dear SF,

Got any opinions on GATO?

Yours sincerely,

Me
[/quote]
TimLee ruined you.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1312499682' post='2772144']
CSN: Will you open up diplomatic talks with Rok again anytime soon?
[/quote]
Liz and I were discussing it not too long ago, actually. Nothing is in the works, but eventually we will. I still like most of you guys, like you and Mykep and Kait.

R&R: You've been the quieiest one. What do you think of Rok and how we left SF?

CSN&GOD: Will you open up diplomatic talks with Rok again anytime soon?

RIA: Hey.
[/quote]

I've invited Rampage back to our forums and the embassy to be reopened whenever you'd like.

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1312497851' post='2772127']
Most of the questions I wanted to ask were covered by other people, but just a few more.

Generally the behaviour of CSN gov members and Xiph during the whole war which just resulted in another debacle that made a lot of people who previously respected SF dislike SF, just want RIA and RnR opinion on that really.
[/quote]

hmm, well i would love to sit here and tell you it was all awesome and good, but yeah some things weren't that great. SF as a whole was in a !@#$%* place, somewhere we never wanted to be. Stresslevels where through the roof and there was a very low tolerance for anything. I don't agree with everything that happened, but i also am not going to judge seeing i have no idea how with everything that was going on i would have reacted myself in their situation.

Could things have been handled better? Definitely! Is there any anger about their actions? Nope.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1312499403' post='2772143']
Dear SF,

Got any opinions on GATO?

Yours sincerely,

Me
[/quote]

OLD you guys are OLD! Which in itself is quite the achievement. For the rest i don't have a lot of knowledge about you guys, the members i talked to have been easy to get along with the few rogue issues we had over time where all easily resolved (having been part of defense for so long i often use how alliances handle ghost/rogue issues as a basis to form some sort of opinion on).

Nope only one thing i really hate about GATO, you guys are so hard to pass in the sanction race :(

R&R: You've been the quieiest one. What do you think of Rok and how we left SF?

CSN&GOD: Will you open up diplomatic talks with Rok again anytime soon?

RIA: Hey.
[/quote]

We're always the quietest one :P

Like the rest we where not thrilled about how RoK left SF, instead of piling onto you over it too, we decided to take a little distance until we all cooled down. I think the RoK/SF split was inevitable, so i'm not blaming you for that at all. But yeah the way how left a bad taste in our mouth too and i guess it will take a lot of meade to wash that away, so when all is history, send some over and let us dwell on the glorious victories from the past ;)

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312503463' post='2772192']

I have no idea who to name on the first question. The second one, pretty much the entire war gave a "wrong" impression. I can't really fault anyone for disliking us, but some people just push things that are flat out false.
[/quote]

There is much irony in this statement.

All:

What is your policy on alliances who allow raiding or actively promote raiding? Why?

All:

If you were knitting and the instructions called to use a size 10 needle but you only had a size sever, would you just use that, or would go wait and spend money on new needles?

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1312504769' post='2772209']
All:

What is your policy on alliances who allow raiding or actively promote raiding? Why?

All:

If you were knitting and the instructions called to use a size 10 needle but you only had a size sever, would you just use that, or would go wait and spend money on new needles?
[/quote]
CSN raids. What do you mean "actively promote" it? We don't have propaganda saying "go raid!" lol. So we have no problems with any raiding alliance, or their policy. I mean, we are treatied to GOONS.

I don't knit, but I'd probably use the different size.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1312504882' post='2772212']
Was there an actual "Super Grievences"?

Is it fun being hated by MK and NG instead of the usual ex-heg alliances?
[/quote]
I wasn't around during that time, so I'll let someone else answer that.

And yeah, I find it fun to be on this side for once. It's a whole different dimension.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312505326' post='2772221']
CSN raids. What do you mean "actively promote" it? We don't have propaganda saying "go raid!" lol. So we have no problems with any raiding alliance, or their policy. I mean, we are treatied to GOONS.
[/quote]

By actively promote I mean alliances that state that nations on none has no rights and can't complain about or be protected from raids

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1312505428' post='2772222']
Care to elaborate?
[/quote]
Sure. When I was a GATO member, things were actually fun. GATO was a respectable alliance, even to people we didn't like. There were arguments, but everyone got along after all. Laserwolf and Manis were two awesome guys and kept you friendly. When TimLee (and I guess Arsenal) took over, [nearly] every interaction I had with you (not you specifically, Laslo, I like you) has been filled with you guys being scum bags. Especially TimLee. It's not the same alliance I was a member of. You guys aren't even willing to talk about anything. Your blind hatred is annoying.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1312505622' post='2772225']
By actively promote I mean alliances that state that nations on none has no rights and can't complain about or be protected from raids
[/quote]

I think they're right. If you don't want to get raided, join an alliance.

Now I'm going out, so don't ask too many questions while I'm gone. :(

Edit: Actually I'll be back in a bit, answer questions, then I'm going out. <_<

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312503554' post='2772194']
If you asked me a month ago, my answer would be different. But I'm starting to like you guys after our Q&A. Dajobo is a good guy.
[/quote]

Only Dajobo?

[color="#FF0000"][i]*D34th cries [/i][/color]

LOL MK :lol1:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312500895' post='2772158']
[b]1. You are accused of spreading the rumor that MJ was out to get DH prior to its formation in an attempt to rally support against MJ, whom you saw as a threat. Do you contest this?[/b]

I do, because A) Prior to Mj's formation? Why would I even be talking about them? and B) I never said conclusively they were, simply that it was a safe assumption to make considering the members of the bloc, as you well know.
[/quote]
You had no hint that the bloc was forming before they publicly announced?

Regardless, I don't believe Sardonic had the exact timeframe right anyways. It was actually about 2 weeks after (give or take a week) the formation of the bloc that we heard about this. As Delta mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread it is easy to mold opinions of alliances for other people to believe in by simply stating approximate facts or leaving out the full truth, or even speculating. Were you consciouly aware that by stating your assumption that MJ had aggressive feelings towards Doomhouse you would create tension between the two groups (which was resolved pretty quickly anyways). If you were aware of this, was it your intention?

All:

If you could be granted the power of immortality, flight, super strength, mind reading and could turn body builders clothes into pink tutus, but in order to keep it you had to be mean and make a different sweet 20 year old female student cry every day. What would you do?

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312505781' post='2772230']
Sure. When I was a GATO member, things were actually fun. GATO was a respectable alliance, even to people we didn't like. There were arguments, but everyone got along after all. Laserwolf and Manis were two awesome guys and kept you friendly. When TimLee (and I guess Arsenal) took over, [nearly] every interaction I had with you (not you specifically, Laslo, I like you) has been filled with you guys being scum bags. Especially TimLee. It's not the same alliance I was a member of. You guys aren't even willing to talk about anything. Your blind hatred is annoying.
[/quote]

I don't think it's fair to conflict how GATO has been with other alliances with how you were treated, and I think you can probably understand how things got personal there if you want to view it neutrally.