[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1312491686' post='2772062']
General questions:

2. What does SF think about the speculation that many of the smaller Maroon alliances appear to be displeased with SF and actions some of its members have taken in recent months?

[/quote]

As I recall this topic is about the SF, and unless someone knows something I don't, TTK is not a member of SF.. and what actions have we taken in the recent months? and before you go to RoK and Valhalla, there is a history there dating back well more then 3 years with both alliances. if you have a question about, or for TTK, ask TTK.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312500895' post='2772158']1. You are accused of spreading the rumor that MJ was out to get DH prior to its formation in an attempt to rally support against MJ, whom you saw as a threat. Do you contest this?

I do, because A) Prior to Mj's formation? Why would I even be talking about them? and B) I never said conclusively they were, simply that it was a safe assumption to make considering the members of the bloc, as you well know.[/quote]

A. So you are claiming you never had any discussions about our bloc before it's formation, ok we are all buying that one.

B. So you didn't say conclusively so but you did try and make it seem like this to start up some tensions between MJ and DH/PB to try and save yourself and rally support to your cause because you have it in your head we are out to get you. You also failed to realize this was a failed strategy because we had been talking to numerous members of both blocs long before MJ formed and were on good terms, nice try though.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1312506196' post='2772237']
Only Dajobo?

[color="#FF0000"][i]*D34th cries [/i][/color] [img]http://mushroom-kingdom.info/boards/Smileys/kickass/crybaby.gif[/img]

(Yes MK I'm stealing your emoticons) :ph34r:
[/quote]
Well there's a few, but he's been the one I've talked to most.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1312507179' post='2772253']
I don't think it's fair to conflict how GATO has been with other alliances with how you were treated, and I think you can probably understand how things got personal there if you want to view it neutrally.
[/quote]
Sure, I can understand it. I can even understand closing our embassy during the war. What I can't understand is being entirely unwilling to talk when it was reopened, and leadership being complete dicks about, literally, anything (granted, I haven't talked a lot to you guys lately, but every time it's been like that - except for the one or two times I've talked to Laser). If you reopen an embassy, there should be willingness to discuss. You guys turned one of your former members, who had a lot of respect for you guys and was pushing for a treaty, into someone who can't stand you. I can understand your anger. I can't understand your unwillingness to talk, let alone be downright disrespectful. If not to CSN as a whole, then to me, a former gov member of GATO.

[quote name='wiccan high priest' timestamp='1312507287' post='2772256']
As I recall this topic is about the SF, and unless someone knows something I don't, TTK is not a member of SF.. and what actions have we taken in the recent months? and before you go to RoK and Valhalla, there is a history there dating back well more then 3 years with both alliances. if you have a question about, or for TTK, ask TTK.
[/quote]

He wasn't asking about TTK, he was asking SF what they thought about the rumours going about. In no way did he say that they were true or valid. The question was simply "what is your thoughts about them"

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312500935' post='2772159']
[b]10. Do you agree that many people hold onto ancient history too much? [/b]

Rofl. Yes, and it's usually not a version of history that's even close to accurate, which is what's so tragic about it.
[/quote]

Either this statement is drenched in irony, or you've finally admitted that your years-long accusations toward us actually did have no basis in reality. I'm can't decide which one would be more worthy of derision.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312507558' post='2772261']
Well there's a few, but he's been the one I've talked to most.

Sure, I can understand it. I can even understand closing our embassy during the war. What I can't understand is being entirely unwilling to talk when it was reopened, and leadership being complete dicks about, literally, anything (granted, I haven't talked a lot to you guys lately, but every time it's been like that - except for the one or two times I've talked to Laser). If you reopen an embassy, there should be willingness to discuss. You guys turned one of your former members, who had a lot of respect for you guys and was pushing for a treaty, into someone who can't stand you. I can understand your anger. I can't understand your unwillingness to talk, let alone be downright disrespectful. If not to CSN as a whole, then to me, a former gov member of GATO.
[/quote]

Thing is though that there was talking, and it probably underpinned the extent to which a good portion of our active membership felt betrayed by you (whether that focus is appropriate isn't really for me to say) as well as CSN. Remember that, even if it hadn't actually been wisely invested for some time, our membership had a pretty fond memory passed down by the pre-Viceroy generation of CSN. What happened with DT/LoSS came as an ugly shock because it was probably the anathema of the GATO way, and threw a lot of good will down the drain very quickly. It's not surprising some people were rude.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1312504769' post='2772209']
All:

What is your policy on alliances who allow raiding or actively promote raiding? Why?

All:

If you were knitting and the instructions called to use a size 10 needle but you only had a size sever, would you just use that, or would go wait and spend money on new needles?
[/quote]

It's up to everyone on their own, R&R doesn't allow techraiding, but as long as it doesn't involve us we couldn't care less about if others raid or not. There are a few raiding things we do dislike though and that mostly involves coordinated raiding on alliances that lost protection or ventures like red safari. Even then it's more like raising an eyebrow then actual outrage.

I would go to my moms house and slap her until she knits it for me.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1312504882' post='2772212']
Was there an actual "Super Grievences"?

Is it fun being hated by MK and NG instead of the usual ex-heg alliances?
[/quote]

yesno, there where 2 blocs SF and C&G and many alliances surrounding those 2 blocs some with more influence then others (I wasn't govt during or for some time after karma so i might be a little bit off with my understanding of it). After karma people realized there was a threat to them, if NPO would regain their former position and started hunting karma alliances down for example, Now it would be very hard to do for them as it was, but a war between C&G and SF would weaken both blocs and the alliances surrounding them to a point where the hegemony could take advantage of it. So in order to avoid a war between the 2 blocs coordination channels where said up not only between the 2 blocs but also other influential alliances. The goal was to avoid a direct war between SF and C&G, and when needed these alliances worked together to stop issues before they could turn into a war with both blocs on different sides. So there was a certain level of cooperation to safeguard what was gained. But at no point in time C&G and SF where so close as some people claim, half of us had a bare minimum contact with C&G, only a few had direct treaties. So yeah there was cooperation which at times went far to steer events, but i wouldn't say it was close to being a unified entity.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1312505622' post='2772225']
By actively promote I mean alliances that state that nations on none has no rights and can't complain about or be protected from raids
[/quote]

They would be right, unless someone decides they would like to defend all of none, none has nothing but the right to exist (note exist does not mean exist in peace). We're not sticking our necks out for nations that don't even want to join an alliance, if you want to, be our guest, R&R will not cause you any problems, though i suspect there are many alliances around that would fight you for the right to raid none.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1312505786' post='2772231']
How does it feel knowing that you're next?
[/quote]

Wait wut? we're next?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :frantic: HELP, OMG WHAT DO WE DO NOW? :frantic:

If we're next, we're next. Simple as that. No feeling about it one way or the other really.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1312506817' post='2772247']
All:

If you could be granted the power of immortality, flight, super strength, mind reading and could turn body builders clothes into pink tutus, but in order to keep it you had to be mean and make a different sweet 20 year old female student cry every day. What would you do?
[/quote]

I would do it, i would use my super mindreading skills to scout for girls that enjoy a good laugh, then i would get some bodybuilders in the room and change their clothes into pink tutus so they would laugh till they cry.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1312507508' post='2772260']
A. So you are claiming you never had any discussions about our bloc before it's formation, ok we are all buying that one.

B. So you didn't say conclusively so but you did try and make it seem like this to start up some tensions between MJ and DH/PB to try and save yourself and rally support to your cause because you have it in your head we are out to get you. You also failed to realize this was a failed strategy because we had been talking to numerous members of both blocs long before MJ formed and were on good terms, nice try though.
[/quote]

If i recall correctly we weren't even sure of the exact formation of MJ until a little bit before the DoE. Yes there had been discussions, yeah we didn't expect MJ to rush to us to get all buddy buddy.. but if you for even one minute think we where rallying support against you because you where coming after us you give yourself waaaaay to much credit.

That said, we're probably to blame for that impression ourselves seeing the general SF attitude in the Mjolnir DoE wasn't really a positive one. For the welcome we gave mjolnir to CN, i apologize, to your claims we where already fearing you before your DoE.. I will try not to laugh to hard.

Xiphosis: What can you tell us about the fact that many of your allies have made clear to you their awareness that you need them far more than they need you, that they're putting themselves on the line for you, and that GOD might face serious consequences if you don't stop acting like yourself?

[quote]A) We were both in the channels last war when Jenko brought up bringing Crymson in, so you know that's a lie.[/quote]

It couldn't have been that I was part of military coordination for TOP or anything. Using Jenko's request to bring me into a channel as a springboard to claim that I'm still in charge of TOP is pretty funny. If not for the fact that you aren't prone to making ridiculous claims, I'd say.... oh, wait, you [b]ARE[/b] prone to making asinine claims, and your penchant for paranoia is such that you ought to consider seeing a professional.

[quote]B) You also know Dajabo and Random to a lesser degree and you know full well he's not anything like Grub. Polar's changed a lot since January of last year.[/quote]

That's pretty funny. Dajobo known as a habitual liar, and Random is known for being Sponge's right-hand man and for being just as irrational and aggressive as Mr. Sponge was. Perhaps you fell and hit your head?

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1312509650' post='2772277']
but if you for even one minute think we where rallying support against you because you where coming after us you give yourself waaaaay to much credit.
[/quote]
Or you're not giving Xiph enough.

Anyway.

It's plainly obvious that CSN/GOD's handling of the DT situation in the last war lost them a lot of credibility on the world stage. What I'm curious about is whether it raised any concerns within SF or the individual alliances themselves.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1312506196' post='2772237']
Only Dajobo?

[color="#FF0000"][i]*D34th cries [/i][/color] [img]http://mushroom-kingdom.info/boards/Smileys/kickass/crybaby.gif[/img]

(Yes MK I'm stealing your emoticons) :ph34r:
[/quote]
Well played, MK

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1312509880' post='2772280']
It's plainly obvious that CSN/GOD's handling of the DT situation in the last war lost them a lot of credibility on the world stage. What I'm curious about is whether it raised any concerns within SF or the individual alliances themselves.
[/quote]

To assume otherwise would be absolutely absurd.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1312504769' post='2772209']
All:

What is your policy on alliances who allow raiding or actively promote raiding? Why?

All:

If you were knitting and the instructions called to use a size 10 needle but you only had a size sever, would you just use that, or would go wait and spend money on new needles?
[/quote]

First one: We (GOD) support raiding but haven't done so ourselves in a long time. Call it a freedom we like to reserve ourselves, even if game changes have made it impossible to do it much.

Second one: I didn't understand any of that.

[quote]Was there an actual "Super Grievences"?

Is it fun being hated by MK and NG instead of the usual ex-heg alliances? [/quote]

Yes, SG was a thing. No, I don't prefer MK/NG to the ex-heg.

[quote]You had no hint that the bloc was forming before they publicly announced?[/quote]

Kait told me she was going to try and start a bloc similar to it before she left SF, but it might amaze to know you that I have very few contacts amongst Mj, so no.

[quote]Were you consciouly aware that by stating your assumption that MJ had aggressive feelings towards Doomhouse you would create tension between the two groups (which was resolved pretty quickly anyways). If you were aware of this, was it your intention? [/quote]

It was not my intention to turn DH against Mj. Sardonic and I were just talking and my point was simply that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mj had a bone to pick with DH, even if they'll keep it quiet because it's not the time or place for it just yet.

[quote]A. So you are claiming you never had any discussions about our bloc before it's formation, ok we are all buying that one.[/quote]

No, because your bloc didn't bloody exist yet. I heard rumors, same as everyone, about x might be in this bloc, and that y was working on it and so on and of course I discussed the rumors as people brought them up to me - but Mj didn't exist as an entity, and I wasn't even clear on who was going to be the final lineup until you announced it, so it's kind of disingenuous to pose it like me talking about Mj. You weren't a thing yet.

[quote]It couldn't have been that I was part of military coordination for TOP or anything. Using Jenko's request to bring me into a channel as a springboard to claim that I'm still in charge of TOP is pretty funny.[/quote]

The question wasn't "Is Crymson still in charge of TOP" It was "Is Crymson still involved." Which, of course, you are, were, and probably will be for a long time yet.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1312509650' post='2772277']
If i recall correctly we weren't even sure of the exact formation of MJ until a little bit before the DoE. Yes there had been discussions, yeah we didn't expect MJ to rush to us to get all buddy buddy.. but if you for even one minute think we where rallying support against you because you where coming after us you give yourself waaaaay to much credit.

That said, we're probably to blame for that impression ourselves seeing the general SF attitude in the Mjolnir DoE wasn't really a positive one. For the welcome we gave mjolnir to CN, i apologize, to your claims we where already fearing you before your DoE.. I will try not to laugh to hard.
[/quote]

You don't see the attempt to defame Nordreich (a Fark+GOD Production) as a last-ditch attempt to kill Mj before it started or to break Nordreich off from its allies? Okie dokie.

I would have thought that this gambit by your bloc-mate would have figured into your reasoning. Silly me.

By the way, did they do this with your blessing or was it GOD going off on their own? If it's the former, then your laughter is the nervous kind emitted when one is caught in a lie. If it's the latter, then understand that it not only drew our friends closer to us, but alienated you from others in a way you've yet to appreciate.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312510910' post='2772292']
The question wasn't "Is Crymson still in charge of TOP" It was "Is Crymson still involved." Which, of course, you are, were, and probably will be for a long time yet.
[/quote]

Apparently this is Xiphosis Version A. I'll quote Xiphosis Version B.

[quote]
10. Do you agree that many people hold onto ancient history too much?

Rofl. Yes, and it's usually not a version of history that's even close to accurate, which is what's so tragic about it.
[/quote]

In any event, if a former leader being involved in the non-government runnings of an alliance means that that alliance hasn't changed since that leader was in power, then you must really have strong opinions of this sort about a lot of alliances. Obviously that's not the case; and your attempt to state your opinion politely does not hide the fact that is very clearly just another instance of you lacking the fortitude to drop an absurd claim that you've been making for years. Bravo.

Drop the veneer of sensibility, Xiph, and go back to exhibiting your true, completely irrational, paranoid and megalomaniacal self. You aren't fooling anyone.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1312509816' post='2772279']That's pretty funny. Dajobo known as a habitual liar, and Random is known for being Sponge's right-hand man and for being just as irrational and aggressive as Mr. Sponge was. Perhaps you fell and hit your head?[/quote]

Uhm.. says who?

Sorry to jump in.

Edited by Paxis

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1312481518' post='2771926']
A good recent example of this is CsN. It insults CSN by implying that they aren't a sovereign alliance. People who don't like CSN (and there are a lot of them) find this funny for obvious reasons. Implying Xiph has control of them adds all the people who don't like Xiph. It spreads around and helps cement the idea that Xiphosis is in control of CSN and the rest of SF, despite this having [I]literally no basis in reality[/I]. The entire idea started with speculation that because the terms were harsh, and people didn't think CSN was a harsh alliance, they must have been secretly forced by Xiph. Now enough people legitimately dislike CSN that I doubt this would have any traction as an idea, but it persists because people thought it was funny at the time, and once it's out there, the source becomes irrelevant.
[/quote]

Was there one well-known implication of Xiph controling CSN (aka CsN) during dicussion of terms when, purportedly, no CSN authorities were available and Xiph "stepped in", I think it was called, to speak on CSN's behalf?

I seem to recall that, though any knowledge I have of the matter would necessarily come from the infamous public thread in OWF at the time, as I was not a member of DT and was privy to negligible amounts of back channel information.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1312510910' post='2772292']

It was not my intention to turn DH against Mj. Sardonic and I were just talking and my point was simply that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mj had a bone to pick with DH, even if they'll keep it quiet because it's not the time or place for it just yet.

[/quote]
Where does this bone to pick come from, exactly?

[quote name='Paxis' timestamp='1312511366' post='2772302']
Uhm.. says who?

Sorry to jump in.
[/quote]

Says all the members, government or general, of other alliances who have come to laugh with members of TOP at the obvious lies Dajobo tells in Q&As on their boards about Polar's actions in the BiPolar War. Sadly for you, your esteemed Regent thinks that he is far cleverer than he actually is, and so he thinks that he can get people to simply believe his words--those of a member of NpO government, no less--and abstain from checking out the massive amount of available evidence that proves he's lying.

But this thread isn't about Polar. It's about Xiphosis's very transparent attempt--made because of his alliance's horrid political position and the danger it presents to his alliance and its allies--to smooth the waters with all the alliances and people he's made enemies of during his two years of insensible rampages.

Edited by Crymson

[b]This is directed at each SF alliance separately:[/b]

If you could treaty any alliance (forget the treaty web and conflicting treaties), which alliance would you treaty?

If you could destroy any treaty (of two other alliances besides your own), which treaty which you forcibly end?

If you could form any treaty (of two other alliances besides your own), which treaty would you forcibly form?

[b]To SF as a whole:[/b]

Assuming their addition would be flawless and they'd fit in well, which alliance would you most like to add to SF if you could?

If you could treaty any alliance (forget the treaty web and conflicting treaties), which alliance would you treaty?

GPA for the lulz

If you could form any treaty (of two other alliances besides your own), which treaty would you forcibly form?

NpO-TOP again for the lulz

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1312511342' post='2772300']
You don't see the attempt to defame Nordreich (a Fark+GOD Production) as a last-ditch attempt to kill Mj before it started or to break Nordreich off from its allies? Okie dokie.

I would have thought that this gambit by your bloc-mate would have figured into your reasoning. Silly me.

By the way, did they do this with your blessing or was it GOD going off on their own? If it's the former, then your laughter is the nervous kind emitted when one is caught in a lie. If it's the latter, then understand that it not only drew our friends closer to us, but alienated you from others in a way you've yet to appreciate.
[/quote]

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't that after mjolnir already was announced? GOD and Fark don't like NoR.. welcome to the group of people that know that, of course most people knew that years ago, but good to see you catched up.

Neither GOD nor Fark needs our blessing to post whatever the hell they want on the OWF, just like we don't ask for thir blessing when we want to post something. We don't care for NoR one way or the other so we could live with or without that topic.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1312511708' post='2772309']
[b]This is directed at each SF alliance separately:[/b]

If you could destroy any treaty (of two other alliances besides your own), which treaty which you forcibly end?

[b]To SF as a whole:[/b]

Assuming their addition would be flawless and they'd fit in well, which alliance would you most like to add to SF if you could?
[/quote]

Always liked Umbrella a lot.

None, sure there are some treaties out there that are inconvenient for us at this moment in time. But i've been told ending treaties is bad :P

TOP and NpO MDAP, i would love to see that announcement where both alliances curse their own governments for pulling !@#$ like that :P

[quote name='Paxis' timestamp='1312512031' post='2772315']
Is there anything SF is doing to improve their reputation on the OWF besides this thread here?

Jesus, you try and be a nice guy but I guess that isn't enough.
[/quote]

Nah, not on the OWF, haters will come and try and quite possibly succeed in draging us into pointless arguments which make the things we want to address hidden in the mess. This topic was made because we felt some things needed to be adressed for all to see, for the rest we're keeping things of the OWF.