I have some serious questions that demand serious answers by the esteemed members of Super Friends.

Who in SF proposed having an open QnA on the OWF?

How many people do you believe have had their opinions changed positively or negatively by SF member postings. Whats the overall ratio for said change?

Do you honestly believe the attempts to blame others for your current predicaments will effect public opinion for the better?

Do you believe SF is a salvageable organization or worth continuing?

How would you (SF) receive an alliance or alliances deeming your bloc & her composing alliances worthy of disbandment in the name of clearing up a portion of the treaty web. Would you receive it positively and live every day with more meaning?

Non GOD members, how many deletions would you predict should you face an overwhelming force in conflict? That is to say how reliant is your community on success in this game.

GOD how much longer do you think VE will keep you afloat? Your entire existence can be owned to VE's grace and mercy at this point.

CSN how long do you think your treaties with GOONS will last you after this thread?

SF how does it feel being a global pariah entirely due to your own action and conduct?

SF when and how do you predict you'll will answer for your [s]crimes[/s] actions throughout history? (Namely GOD's conduct but RIA's terrible humor & CSN/R&R subservient attitude is a crime as well by virtue alone.)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1312514748' post='2772353']
Hypothetical: TOP hits Polar tonight, allies get called in, no hope for settlement. Which side do the following alliances fight on? Acceptable answers are Polar's side, TOP's side, Cherry picking on one side, not fighting, or fighting on both sides. Explain each answer.

Fark
GOD
MK
NoR
NG
Umb
NPO
VE
[/quote]

Response?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1312548990' post='2772592']
Response?
[/quote]

Im not in SF, but Id like to take a stab at this one!

Fark - Hits NPO
GOD - Hits NPO
MK - Hits NPO
NoR - Hits NPO
NG - Hits NPO
Umb - Hits NPO
NPO - Hits NPO
VE - Hits NPO

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1312549482' post='2772595']

Fark - Hits NPO
GOD - Hits NPO
MK - Hits NPO
NoR - Hits NPO
NG - Hits NPO
Umb - Hits NPO
NPO - Hits NPO
VE - Hits NPO
[/quote]

LOL... :lol1: You made me spill my coffe my friend. :lol1:

I may be in a minority of 1, but I've found the QnA rather useful, detours aside.

Of course, it matters not. The die is cast. In truth, from quite the distance, it seems they've been going about things roughly the same way as they have for 3 years. But now their conduct is evil/sins must be paid for, etc. Fair enough, I suppose, for folks who have been opposite them for the bulk of that period. But for others....eh. Anyway, it is written, so it shall be done.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1312543043' post='2772574']
Vagueness is always appreciated.

Assuming that there were misgivings about the course of action you were taking, was there a point where someone said (out loud), "Maybe we should take a step back and not handle this in the most reckless and tactless way possible"? If so, who was that person? If not, why the hell not?
[/quote]

It was hardly vague; your "intent of question" was to determine whether or not people spoke out against the decisions made by CSN. To assume that no one spoke out (this referring to allies involved and not involved) would be absurd. Our allies made their opinions known (a fact that has been reiterated multiple times) in privacy and not on public airwaves (save for TYR, The Brain, and a few others, all of which ended up with pretty poor relations in the aftermath).

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1312545453' post='2772585']
Has CSN even tried to get forgiveness? Because at this point, of course we aren't happy with them. They extorted reparations out of us, never apologized for it, and don't appear interested in doing either. You state that DT doesn't have much interest in forgiving CSN, but yet I don't see the interest from CSN in being forgiven by DT. This is a two way street here.

If CSN actually wants forgiveness, then they would have to be willing to go all the way on it. There is no halfway.
[/quote]

There are, really, two reasons why we haven't sought forgiveness. The first one being a general animosity that still exists on the IC and partially the OOC level between (I suppose) individuals on both sides, though I can't speak for anyone in particular in DT. Likewise, this animosity has been further marred by indirect means that DT is/are linked to, such as RoK, Legacy, etc (obviously I wouldn't hazard to say that DT is directly at fault for those failed relationships because that would also be absurd, but even guilt by association tends to be subconscious). The second one being a more OOC reasoning: if we sought forgiveness straight-up, then what would be the point of our ever-loving bitter relations? In other words, if everyone decided to forgive one another, the game would just be an exercise of My Little Pony. And while the argument can [and has been] be made that reparations also "kill" the game, it's definitely a somewhat of an OOC justification to maintain IC animosity; OOCly, I have no problem with DT at all and I would also have no problem with sitting down with you guys and making sure that at the OOC-level we could remain amicable. IC-wise, though, it's an entirely different thing as one might imagine, and I do personally hold a deep appreciation for the differences in OOC/IC persona.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1312548044' post='2772590']
Who in SF proposed having an open QnA on the OWF?[/quote]

Your mum.

[quote]Do you believe SF is a salvageable organization or worth continuing?[/quote]

Is that even worth answering? Think hard about this before asking a non-objective question next time.

[quote]How would you (SF) receive an alliance or alliances deeming your bloc & her composing alliances worthy of disbandment in the name of clearing up a portion of the treaty web. Would you receive it positively and live every day with more meaning?[/quote]

There have be people wishing for SF!'s disbandment since the day of its conception, yet we still remain. It's nothing new and at this point, it's become very easy to ignore. When the time comes and SF!'s existence ends, their opinions will still be ignored because no doubt they will see themselves as self-fulfilling prophecies.

[quote]Non GOD members, how many deletions would you predict should you face an overwhelming force in conflict? That is to say how reliant is your community on success in this game.[/quote]

CSN-wise? Few. While our military was pretty feeble in the last war vs. LOSS/DT/FHU(?) due to a lot of fun circumstances (warchests, like mine :mad:), we only had a handful of deletions/deserters.

[quote]CSN how long do you think your treaties with GOONS will last you after this thread?[/quote]

Does a bear crap in the woods?

[quote]SF how does it feel being a global pariah entirely due to your own action and conduct?[/quote]

Again, how do you ask this question, claim it to be serious, and not chuckle? Try being more objective (again).

[quote]SF when and how do you predict you'll will answer for your [s]crimes[/s] actions throughout history? (Namely GOD's conduct but RIA's terrible humor & CSN/R&R subservient attitude is a crime as well by virtue alone.)
[/quote]

The next global war? Two global wars from now? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to say the writing on the wall. How blocs/groups in the past have gotten so blind-sighted (with a few notable back-stabbing exceptions) is beyond me.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312503554' post='2772194']
GOD doesn 't have a GOONS treaty. That's CSN. GOD =/= CSN.
[/quote]
I said he (referring to Xiph), not GOD. There's a reason for that.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312503554' post='2772194']
Didn 't stop you from going onto NPO, did it? The second part I would understand, but I don't actually believe you.
[/quote]
you 're crazy if you think we have 1/10th the number of reasons to go after you that we did for NPO. Further, NPO presented a larger military threat due to their sizable middle tier, as well as that of their allies. Our biggest threat from you guys is the possibility of you dragging us and our allies into a war over anime.

Believe what you want. Doesn't make you right.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1312503958' post='2772203']
MK doesn 't want to drag down Sparta? What changed?
[/quote]
When did we ever want to take Sparta down (since the end of Q, anyway)? Sparta has been good to both us and our friends

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1312525155' post='2772482']
Golly, what a funny way to phrase that.
[/quote]
Elaborate, please.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1312549482' post='2772595']

Fark - Hits NPO
GOD - Hits NPO
MK - Hits NPO
NoR - Hits NPO
NG - Hits NPO
Umb - Hits NPO
NPO - Hits NPO
VE - Hits NPO
[/quote]
Good sir, I will not have you slandering our second most important ODP partner is such a manner.

Disclaimer: I've been playing CN for just over a month so I'm fairly inexperienced in all of this.

SF:- From what I've read/observed/heard through hearsay you're facing the the possibility of being DOW'ed by pretty much all of Planet Bob that isn't yourselves or us (VE). Now because of the MADP we have with GOD and the ODP with RIA (is that still active? I'm getting info from the wiki here so please bear with me) we'll probably have to fight by your side, should war come. (Can't tell how likely it is to get this far). The reason for this being we'd be seen as cowardly if we tried to cancel or downgrade the MADP, despite the fact there are many members amongst us that really don't like the idea of defending you, for reasons of their own and because of our PB allies.

Now consider, we're at a crossroads where it's either GOD or PB we stand by. My question is: why should we side with you instead of our other allies? I ask this purely objectively, seeing as I'm fairly new and I have no personal interest other than for curiosity's sake.

I can't speak for the rest of the alliance so please don't take what I say as general consensus one way or the other. Thankyou.

I have some serious questions that demand serious answers by the esteemed members of Super Friends.
[/quote]

Who in SF proposed having an open QnA on the OWF?
[/quote]
Xiphosis

How many people do you believe have had their opinions changed positively or negatively by SF member postings. Whats the overall ratio for said change?
[/quote]
I'd say overall net change is probably minimal. I don't think most people are predisposed toward changing their opinions about much of anything, but I'd at least prefer those opinions to be based on accurate information. Those people who already like us will pick out the good parts, and those who don't will pick out the bad. The ultimate outcome is that a few people might actually hold accurate information. I'm ok with that.

Do you honestly believe the attempts to blame others for your current predicaments will effect public opinion for the better?
[/quote]
Our current position is mostly, though not entirely, our own fault. Well, I suppose you could say entirely in the sense that we didn't start trying to out-maneuver certain people before they started trying to out-maneuver us, but then, we did provide a lot of ammo didn't we? So yeah, mostly our own fault. Question has a false premise.

Do you believe SF is a salvageable organization or worth continuing?
[/quote]
SF isn't wrecked. We were formed looking for power and popularity. You can take both away entirely and it still won't need to be salvaged because that isn't what it's for. You know, I remember a time when MK were the ones teaching the world that friendship was more important than the opinions of the people in power. I suppose that equation changes a bit for some people when their on the other side of it. Never did for me. It's a disappointing commentary on the state of affairs in this game when you'd even seriously ask this. As I've said before elsewhere, I think we've all become a bit too jaded for our own good.

How would you (SF) receive an alliance or alliances deeming your bloc & her composing alliances worthy of disbandment in the name of clearing up a portion of the treaty web. Would you receive it positively and live every day with more meaning?
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure there are a number who do. I can't say it has especially affected my life, though it does make politics interesting for a change.

Non GOD members, how many deletions would you predict should you face an overwhelming force in conflict? That is to say how reliant is your community on success in this game.
[/quote]
Haven't tried to estimate that in a long while. That's probably a good idea. I'm not terribly worried about the possibility, though. We have always had a rather large number of people who are in the game for RIA rather than the other way around. I'd keep in touch with most of these people even if the game deleted tomorrow.

SF how does it feel being a global pariah entirely due to your own action and conduct?
[/quote]
To be an outcast, I do think you technically have to be alone. We aren't, and I'm fairly confident we never will be. I know you and a number of other people would enjoy it if we were completely isolated and easily destroyable because you'd think it entertaining. Sadly, we're not, and there are fairly good reasons for that which a sizable portion of the population like to ignore.

SF when and how do you predict you'll will answer for your [s]crimes[/s] actions throughout history? (Namely GOD's conduct but RIA's terrible humor & CSN/R&R subservient attitude is a crime as well by virtue alone.)
[/quote]
I'll tell you my court date if you tell me yours.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1312548990' post='2772592']
Response?
[/quote]
Fark- Polar
GOD- Polar
MK- TOP
NoR- TOP
NG- TOP
Umb- TOP
NPO- neutral
VE- If wishes and buts were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?

[quote]<Xiphosis[GOD]>I told Tulak months ago
<Xiphosis[GOD]>Asg and NoR
<Xiphosis[GOD]>were going to defect[/quote]

Ummm....what?

You told the head of Sparta, an alliance we have an ODP with via NOIR, that we were going to defect to....ummm....who? Or maybe I should say 'from' who?

This statement makes precisely zero sense, but it's the third or fourth time I've read about it, Xiphosis, and you've never explained what it is/was supposed to mean.

I've asked this of you before. Hell, I've asked it previously in this thread. (I've put a couple of questions forward, with all but one remaining unanswered.) Despite being asked on multiple occasions over a period of several months, you have yet to answer.

So let me see if I can put this in a manner you might understand:
[center][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]
WHICH ALLY DID NORDREICH 'BETRAY'?[/size][/color][/center]

Now, if you're going to use some kind of argument that includes Nordreich's relationship with NOIR members, you should probably get ready for a lot of people to call bulls--t on your reference to an ODP. You've lost your right to speak favorably with respect to ODPs. I shouldn't have to explain why. And besides, we've never gone to war against a NOIR member.

But hey, while we're at it:
[center][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]
DOES NORDREICH STILL HAVE A 'STRANGLEHOLD' ON BLACK? IF YES, WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? IF NO, WHEN DID WE LOSE IT? (WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, MAYBE YOU COULD EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF THIS PARTICULAR DELUSION?)[/size][/color][/center]

[quote name='Detlev' timestamp='1312556753' post='2772631']
You should side with SF because they are moral and in the right.
[/quote]

I'm not [i]that[/i] new. :P

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1312528794' post='2772506']
Funnily enough, I've been expecting us to get killed for something like three years now, and it's just kept not happening somehow.[/quote]

True, but you also know why it never happened. Everyone not in NPO's immediate sphere (and even a few that were) hated/feared NPO more than they loathed each other. That was the case until May 2, 2011. Now they pity NPO and most simply consider them a broken down scarecrow. The loss of SF's "virtuous" public image hasn't helped either. Now you're just like everyone else--you're back "in play" and not untouchable anymore.

It's not so bad out here though, you take less for granted.

[quote name='Dontasemebro' timestamp='1312541108' post='2772569']
I challenge all of NSO to a duel with all the power I have in RIA at my command! Except for my nation. My nation can sit out. The rest of those that I command in RIA will duel NSO!
[/quote]

This was tried before, didn't happen.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Serkr' timestamp='1312554149' post='2772617']
Disclaimer: I've been playing CN for just over a month so I'm fairly inexperienced in all of this.

SF:- From what I've read/observed/heard through hearsay you're facing the the possibility of being DOW'ed by pretty much all of Planet Bob that isn't yourselves or us (VE). Now because of the MADP we have with GOD and the ODP with RIA (is that still active? I'm getting info from the wiki here so please bear with me) we'll probably have to fight by your side, should war come. (Can't tell how likely it is to get this far). The reason for this being we'd be seen as cowardly if we tried to cancel or downgrade the MADP, despite the fact there are many members amongst us that really don't like the idea of defending you, for reasons of their own and because of our PB allies.

Now consider, we're at a crossroads where it's either GOD or PB we stand by. My question is: why should we side with you instead of our other allies? I ask this purely objectively, seeing as I'm fairly new and I have no personal interest other than for curiosity's sake.

I can't speak for the rest of the alliance so please don't take what I say as general consensus one way or the other. Thankyou.
[/quote]
Everyone but us and you is a pretty extreme exaggeration. We still actually do have quite a lot of allies. What we also have is a lot of people who don't like us. Quite a number of them have legitimate reasons for doing so. For some of them, we're simply the trendy group to hate at the moment. CN goes through cycles of that and people tend pick up and go along with it because it's fun having a target for jokes and it's a nice feeling knowing it isn't your turn as long as it is theirs. And a few people simply find it convenient to hate us for strategic reasons.

As for your question, I'm not sure I'd want to make an argument for defending us against your will in any situation. I honestly prefer it when people [I]want[/I] to help us. I will say this. The VE-GOD relationship goes back a long, long ways and is one of the strongest I've seen, in the way an old married couple's relationship is often stronger than a young couple's, not in spite any personal issues at times, but because problems have arisen in the past and been overcome. It's a known factor that doesn't tear things apart. The RIA-VE relationship goes back almost as far. I worked very well with Impero for years and had more individual friends in VE than in a lot of alliances I'm still allied to. I fairly badly screwed that up by taking it out on VE when political circumstances turned up poorly for me. Rok leaving SF rocked me [I]badly[/I], to the point that I had serious trouble even contemplating this game with exploding, and I wasn't entirely rational for months after.

I let our relationship get severely damaged in that episode, and it's one of two, maybe three, things I actually regret about my time in this game (I go back and fourth on whether the third thing is something I regret or just find embarrassing). So, obvious preference for where you fall that I illustrated above aside, I'm not going to advise you to make whatever decision is easiest for you to live with, even if that doesn't wind up being the one I hope it is. I know what it's like to make a wrong choice in that respect, and I wouldn't wish that on an enemy, let alone on someone I wish I was still close friends with. Just make sure you've thought through whatever decision you make better than I did.

Ok, maybe a [I]little[/I] bit on an enemy.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1312559194' post='2772649']
True, but you also know why it never happened. Everyone not in NPO's immediate sphere (and even a few that were) hated/feared NPO more than they loathed each other. That was the case until May 2, 2011. Now they pity NPO and most simply consider them a broken down scarecrow. The loss of SF's "virtuous" public image hasn't helped either. Now you're just like everyone else--you're back "in play" and not untouchable anymore.

It's not so bad out here though, you take less for granted.
[/quote]
I've noticed. I managed to clear up a number of long-standing internal conflicts with myself in the space of about a week. It's actually a really nice feeling.

Oh, and Bob, I was actually referring to Magnet's post where he first raised the subject and then referred to them as CsN in an edit, not yours.

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1312553973' post='2772614']
Elaborate, please.
[/quote]

Curious personal pronoun use. I mean hey, things and stuff can happen, wars, etc, but let's not get carried away with who would be or even modernly is able to drag what where.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1312560801' post='2772665']
Curious personal pronoun use. I mean hey, things and stuff can happen, wars, etc, but let's not get carried away with who would be or even modernly is able to drag what where.
[/quote]
The original statement made by Gibson referred to us directly. Of course I used personal pronouns to refer to MK.

GOD how much longer do you think VE will keep you afloat? Your entire existence can be owned to VE's grace and mercy at this point.
[/quote]

I realize this is a SFs Q&A, but I'd like to address this one question, if I may. GOD wrecked its relationship with FARK primarily because of GOD's insistence that VE be allowed into SFs. The only reason VE exists right now is because GOD (and the other SFs) realized and agreed four or five months before the Karma War that VE was the likely next target of the Hegemony alliances and that they needed to be defended (in what was believed at the time to be an impossible, no-win situation).

Anyone in VE (or any other alliance, for that matter) who believes GOD [i]owes[/i] them something would have a awe-inspiring lack of loyalty and/or a comical understanding of both alliances' past history.

Carry on.

[quote name='Liz Girard' timestamp='1312489274' post='2772034']
dodoei (hopefully i spelt that correctly :P). Kid's a friggin beast.
[/quote]

"Kids" a man I am sure he would find that slightly patronising.

Question for Xiphosis:

[quote]Quote:
00:37:32 [@bud] <bud> so how long is this going to last
00:37:32 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> we shall see
00:37:32 [@bud] <bud> popcorn is good
00:37:32 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> I don't know what you and yours are playing at
00:37:32 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> But it will not end well
00:37:32 [@bud] <bud> LOLOLOLOL
00:37:32 [@bud] <bud> wtf are you talking about
00:37:32 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> Ask IRON.
00:37:32 [@bud] <bud> not playing at anything
00:37:32 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> They're playing both sides.
00:37:32 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> Again.
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> And it will not end well
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> I'm really in absolutely no mood for this
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> Do you remember MCXA?
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> CSN-GATO?
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> This is going to be 50x worse.
00:39:06 [@bud] <bud> you threatning me Xiph
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> No.
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> I'm telling you
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> To tell them
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> That they do not want to $%&@ with me
00:39:06 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> right now
00:39:07 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> Nothing more and nothing less
00:39:08 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> I'm not threatening you
00:39:09 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> I AM threatening them
00:39:10 [@bud] <bud> fair enough
01:00:51 [@bud] Xiphosis[GOD]> I'm saying whatever you think your plan is
01:00:51 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> make sure IRON's with you
01:00:51 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> because I'm being told by reliable people that they're not
01:00:51 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> lol
01:00:51 [@bud] <Xiphosis[GOD]> and I really don't need this [/quote]

I'm sure you will remember this conversation from your most recent war effort. I wonder if you could clarify exactly what IRON was doing to play both sides? It's still a complete mystery to me. Can you also clarify if you still believe what we supposedly did warranted you openly threatening my alliance?

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312562304' post='2772677']
I realize this is a SFs Q&A, but I'd like to address this one question, if I may. [/quote]

Given how far [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102558&view=findpost&p=2732219"]out of bounds some of your previous analysis has been[/url], I'd have to say, "hell no, shut up." :)

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1312563278' post='2772686']
Given how far [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102558&view=findpost&p=2732219"]out of bounds some of your previous analysis has been[/url], I'd have to say, "hell no, shut up." :)
[/quote]

Yeah, well ... if your selective amnesia would subside, you'd remember that you were in SuperFriends right up until the point where we learned VE was going to get rolled and we decided we were going down with them; that's when you proceeded to immediately jump to the other side* and bad mouth your previous friends.** There are forums that use "ChairmanHal" as a filter for [i]coward[/i] because of it. You have quite a legacy.

Also, hello.

[size="1"]*And then you got your rear end kicked in because Crymson and Moo couldn't get along.
**Don't feel bad for us, we in FARK predicted it would happen a week or two before it actually did; not because you did anything to tip your hand, but because your reputation precedes you. We were not surprised.[/size]

EDIT: Just checked your link. Everything there is as true today as it was the day I wrote it.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312563943' post='2772691']
Yeah, well ... if your selective amnesia would subside, you'd remember that you were in SuperFriends right up until the point where we learned VE was going to get rolled and we decided we were going down with them; that's when you proceeded to immediately jump to the other side and bad mouth your previous friends.* There are forums that use "ChairmanHal" as a filter for [i]coward[/i] because of it.

Also, hello.

[size="1"]*And then you got your rear end kicked in because Crymson and Moo couldn't get along.[/size]

EDIT: Just checked your link. Everything there is as true today as it was the day I wrote it.[/quote]

Then I'll speak even more plainly. You are wrong about when I left Rok. You are wrong about why I left Rok. You are lying out your ass. Shut up.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1312564221' post='2772693']
Then I'll speak even more plainly. You are wrong about when I left Rok. You are wrong about why I left Rok. You are lying out your ass. Shut up.
[/quote]

If you'd like to have a thread about why your reputation sucks ... start one. This is the SuperFriends Q&A and your cowardice is off-topic.

Edited by Krack