Peace out, Planet Bob

Krzyzewskiville

So, I just (a little earlier today) deleted my nation. CN has been a fun/up-and-down ride for 4 and a half years, through the end of high school and all of my college years, but I decided that it's time to cut the cord completely, and just get out before something pulls me back in. I'm starting a new phase of my life with law school in about a month, and cannot afford a distraction like this game to be in my life while I'm trying to work my ass off in school. I guess that I'm now one of those old farts of CN, which is a bit crazy to me. I'd join the bandwagon of the "This game sucks now" people but honestly, thinking about it, it really doesn't. Any damage or any lessening of standards/morals/whatever else has been self-inflicted by the larger community that we all seem to love so much, that keeps us in even when we don't want out. Don't think about what the past was like when saying the game sucks, focus on making the current times enjoyable for everyone, even your enemy. This game was a ton of fun for me during most of my time here, in spite of some unpleasant events, because of the community, not just within my alliance but within the game. I'm a lot more likely to forget the somewhat bad stuff from this game, but I'll remember the good and the fun that I had.

I'm gonna try to give some shoutouts to people, but honestly, I know that I'll miss some people. Apologies in advance

Sky - You are one of the nicest/best person in this game, bar none. I hope your "vacation" from being active has been fun. Best of luck on the other side.

TOP - Roll Polar. Please. Seriously. You're the best alliance that I've ever been in, and I hope you guys can keep strong through this stuff.
Longbowe - Stop (seemingly) going out of your way to be a troll. People do actually like you. I like you. Just not when you're becoming way too obnoxious.
Richard Rahl - Hang in there, and keep fighting the good fight, buddy.
Waterana - Sorry we lost touch after my fallout with NPO. Hope all keeps going well with you.
The rest of the Oceanus crew - O_o/

Jazzie - One of the best Legion-turned-NPO scum out there <3
Brehon and baka - You both, too.

Triyun and Dilber - Thanks for giving me a shot in NPO at the FA stuff.

Coursca (If you're still around) - Where did you go? Seriously? I liked you. You were a good person. Maybe I'll see you on the other side and not know it.

OMFG, Argent, MK - You are awesome alliances. Stay awesome.

Anyone else who I might've missed, I'm sorry if I did. Take care, stay awesome, etc etc etc. There are way too many people who have had a great impact on my CN experience who I cannot remember after 4.5 years, and a lot who have been there and had smaller impacts on my time.

Moldavi and the other Tar Hole fans here - Go to hell, Carolina!

Edited by SeasonsOfLove

Personally, I've always played CN more when I'm busy, and less when I'm actually enjoying life. My most active time in this game was in uni, doing some really tough subjects. I do a lot of math, and running econ stuff in CN was a nice break that gave me confidence in my arithmetic skills, and the IRC company was good when you've got a lot of work and all your friends are avoiding you due to their own workload.

You may be back, but hey, enjoy life :P