Announcement from Non Grata

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1311396143' post='2761867']
The signature...not necessary. There once was a person called ~Desu, who would end every post with

~Desu

STOP IT
[/quote]

He's trying to get everyone to remember him for something besides the fact he's lead fail alliance after fail alliance. :P

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1311396277' post='2761872']
That puts an interesting twist on the matter don't it?
[/quote]

It sure does. And since they posted their own logs that prove that they can't even claim ignorance, it's like they're trying to provoke a war. O_O

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1311395588' post='2761858']
Are we to blame for the lack of coordination, invitation to raiders in the OP, and raid by the NG member 7 minutes after this thread was posted too?
[/quote]
You knew Non Grata was making this announcement, you could have just as easily said "hey hold off until we get our protectorate up, or lets do a joint announcement saying we're protecting them now". You didn't, so raiders jumped them before you had your act together.

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1311395694' post='2761860']
Non Grata, I've never seen a move in Cybernations (and I've been playing since the inception) that warranted a curb-stomp with quite the [b]voracity[/b] as this.

Good luck out there...
[/quote]
I've been around for 4.5 years now and I 100% disagree with you, there have been plenty other incidents that got my blood boiling more than this, and the other parties I saw walk over others deserved a beating much more so than Non Grata here. In the scheme of things this move isn't all that bad.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1311395115' post='2761842']
They were slow. Raiders hit them. Who is to blame? Hint: Them
[/quote]
You're absolutely right. Completely.
That is, if you hadn't come in here inviting the world to raid your former protectorate. If you hadn't posted a shotgun announcement to allow them to get hit before they could smooth out the details of their new agreement with Tetris. If members of your own alliance didn't seize the opportunity to taste blood.

Generally, most alliances would have the class to hold a protectorate's hand and help them find a new protector if they didn't like the merged alliance that their old protector had become part of. Instead, either you decided to perceive it as some sort of slight and got insulted, so you took revenge... or you are just that classless that you'd throw an alliance to the dogs simply for the laughs. Either way, the respect that I once had for PC and, transitively, NG, has been hugely diminished as a result of this.

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1311396629' post='2761880']
You knew Non Grata was making this announcement, you could have just as easily said "hey hold off until we get our protectorate up, or lets do a joint announcement saying we're protecting them now". You didn't, so raiders jumped them before you had your act together.
[/quote]

Sweet man, now just explain the invitation to raiders in the OP and raid by a NG member and you've sold me. Have fun with that.

Well, I can't say that I am entirely surprised. On the one side of things, I think they should have had a protectorate lined up before they went and scrapped their old protectors...before they even uttered a word.

With that said, I would have expected better from Non Grata, but who am I to judge.

As far as Ezequiel...best there is, best there was, best there ever will be. You all should get to know him :)

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1311396570' post='2761877']
TAA isn't mad about this, why is everyone else?
[/quote]
Those ebil Moralist.

Edit: The alliance \m/ raided weren't mad and Polaris attacked and started a global war anyway. Do the same Tetris because nothing else is going on.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1311384158' post='2761641']
That's pretty weak.
[/quote]
Do something about it(?)

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1311386289' post='2761691']
If you want to show your muscle or get a rise out of me, do something that takes a little strength and a lot of balls. This is just pathetic.
[/quote]
Techraiding 101, day one: No balls required.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311394446' post='2761834']
The prepubescent raider machismo has never been particularly intelligent, but somehow always [i]cool[/i], at least if you're a part of it. I've never particularly minded raiding as it's usually pretty innocuous and not done to organized groups,
[/quote]
Raiders have always been their own worst enemy.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1311396978' post='2761893']
Those ebil Moralist.

Edit: The alliance \m/ raided weren't mad and Polaris attacked and started a global war anyway. Do the same Tetris because nothing else is going on.
[/quote]
Nice edit. At the very least it would be fun to see who VE picked; Tetris or their big pals.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1311396629' post='2761880']
[/quote]
The OP invited/encouraged raiders...there's a difference.

[quote]I've been around for 4.5 years now and I 100% disagree with you, there have been plenty other incidents that got my blood boiling more than this, and the other parties I saw walk over others deserved a beating much more so than Non Grata here. In the scheme of things this move isn't all that bad.
[/quote]
It's all relative, depending largely on one's perspective. I've been thrown into worse clubs than this, and alliances (well-meaning or not) have been rolled for much less...

TICN

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1311396570' post='2761877']
TAA isn't mad about this, why is everyone else?
[/quote]

[quote]
<@mastabadey> green_muffins[TAA]
<@mastabadey> need a new protectorate? lol
<%green_muffins[TAA]> WTF I HAVE MK NG AND GOONS RAIDING ME
[/quote]

Yeah, TAA sounded real thrilled about the matter

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1311397461' post='2761904']
Yeah, TAA sounded real thrilled about the matter
[/quote]

[quote]<green_muffins[TAA]> i had no resentment i was just kinda freaked out untill i saw it was a raid[/quote]

They did. In fact he was in our channel working out tech deals shortly thereafter.

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1311397656' post='2761906']
They did. In fact he was in our channel working out tech deals shortly thereafter.
[/quote]
That doesn't justify nor does it necessarily rectify the fact that you tossed TAA out to be raided... for what exactly?

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1311395694' post='2761860']
Non Grata, I've never seen a move in Cybernations (and I've been playing since the inception) that warranted a curb-stomp with quite the [b]voracity[/b] as this.

Good luck out there...
[/quote]
Then quit waiting for someone else to deliver. Moaning about warranted curbstomps when you won't lift a finger of your own isn't going to get you satisfaction.

[/quote]
sometimes, green muffins makes my head hurt... :huh:

That said, Non Grata's actions are still disgraceful. And the matter that Trekwiz brought up still remains. NG recognized that Tetris was going to formally take over the duties of protecting TAA, and then calls upon raiders to hit TAA before the protectorate announcement is made, with one of the raiders being from NG itself. Now how is NG going to sit there and say, 'sorry Tetris was too slow to post' when you have admitted to knowing full well for days possibly that Tetris will be protecting TAA.

Ugh, not another tech raid thread.

Plain and simple, the fact that NG told Tetris they were posting the announcement puts a lot of the blame onto Tetris's shoulders... They were given the opportunity to say "let's make a joint announcement" or "wait, let us get our own announcement ready", but they didn't. Regardless of whether or not raiding the alliance afterwards was a bad move (I don't give a $%&@ tbh) the fact that NG did notify Tetris and told them they were making the announcement nullifies many of the arguments made in this thread.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1311397816' post='2761909']
Then quit waiting for someone else to deliver. Moaning about warranted curbstomps when you won't lift a finger of your own isn't going to get you satisfaction.
[/quote]
You must be new. Welcome to Cybernations, kid. 3 months? 4? :rolleyes:

[/quote]

As someone who actually talked with TAA and didn't limit my interaction to

[quote]
---» Jacapo[NG] has Joined #taa
»» ChanServ gives voice to Jacapo[NG]
<+Jacapo[NG]> Attention -snip-, Dont have tetris tell us to drop you if you are not prepared to put up a new treaty
«--- Jacapo[NG] has Left #taa
[/quote]

I think I can say with confidence that

[quote]
<~FJ[TAA]> still muffins....it really shows what type of people we avoided in this protectorate
<&green_muffins[TAA]> i dont wan tu to have an anurism break
<~FJ[TAA]> im glad we did get tetris
<&green_muffins[TAA]> yeah im happy about our choice aswell
[/quote]

is much more representative of their collective opinion.

Not that your actions would be acceptable if they were okay with them.

Maybe you should explain the raider invitation in the OP and NG raid 7 minutes after it was posted. Still waiting on an answer for that, by the way. :ehm:

Edited by Xellos
Please do not evade the word filter.