Announcement from Non Grata

also im sure it has been repeated 30 times already but TAA DROPPED NG, its their own fault for not timing it right on the OWF
This is how you should do it
#1 Get new Protectors
#2 Drop old Protectors
#3 Win
Not
#1 Drop Protector
#2 ???
#3 Get Raided

Edited by Systemfailure

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Non Grata.

I liked you guys, I really did. I also fully support raiding, and have ensured Tetris is a raiding alliance, but come on seriously?

The problems I see with this:

-TAA is NG protectorate with no official treaty (apparently) -> Cancel treaty, NOW LET'S ROLL THEM!

-You're kind of taking a dump on the alliance that just merged into who WAS protecting them.

-You knew we were going to protect them, so you rushed to tell the world, "HEY RAIDERS RAID THESE GUYS!" even though we told you we were going to protect them.

-Not only was it a dick move, you slapped an alliance who did like you, and did want to pursue a friendship and treaty with you, right in the face.

To an alliance who I personally liked a lot, and has a group of people I like/have known for a long while, son, I am disappoint.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1311398235' post='2761918']
also im sure it has been repeated 30 times already but TAA DROPPED NG, its their own fault for not timing it right on the OWF
This is how you should do it
#1 Get new Protectors
#2 Drop old Protectors
#3 Win
Not
#1 Drop Protector
#2 ???
#3 Get Raided
[/quote]

Except NG were fully aware of our intention to protect TAA, but instead went, "lol, let's tell the OWF to raid TAA before Tetris gets an announcement up".

So TAA is stupid for dropping us before getting a new one. Malone shouldn't have raided an ex-protectorate. The whole "sup raiders" is just a joke. It's not like raiders need to be told, "Hey raid this guy." they knew what to do the second TAA asked to be dropped. We agreed to their request.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1311398061' post='2761913']
Ugh, not another tech raid thread.

Plain and simple, the fact that NG told Tetris they were posting the announcement puts a lot of the blame onto Tetris's shoulders... They were given the opportunity to say "let's make a joint announcement" or "wait, let us get our own announcement ready", but they didn't. Regardless of whether or not raiding the alliance afterwards was a bad move (I don't give a $%&@ tbh) the fact that NG did notify Tetris and told them they were making the announcement nullifies many of the arguments made in this thread.
[/quote]
Bob, this isn't so much about tech raiding as it is about tossing a protectorate out to dry. It's not like the protectorate did anything wrong, either. It just seems like they felt like feeling high and mighty, so they went right for it.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1311398615' post='2761922']
So TAA is stupid for dropping us before getting a new one. Malone shouldn't have raided an ex-protectorate. The whole "sup raiders" is just a joke. It's not like raiders need to be told, "Hey raid this guy." they knew what to do the second TAA asked to be dropped. We agreed to their request.
[/quote]

I suppose the raid was just a joke too, eh? :rolleyes:

That's a terrible excuse and you know it.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1311398842' post='2761925']
I suppose the raid was just a joke too, eh? :rolleyes:

That's a terrible excuse and you know it.
[/quote]
Did you even read my post? I said that was a poor thing to do. Don't be so dense. You have to admit that TAA screwed up at least as much.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1311398999' post='2761926']
Did you even read my post? I said that was a poor thing to do. Don't be so dense. You have to admit that TAA screwed up at least as much.
[/quote]
Yes, they screwed up by trusting NG to be good protectors.

EDIT: My original post was a little melodramatic/harsh...

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1311398105' post='2761914']
You must be new. Welcome to Cybernations, kid. 3 months? 4? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Probably been here longer than you have, but then again I'm not going to make an assumption based on your forum account.

Since you're the experienced and responsible adult here though, I just thought you'd know that if you want something done you've got to do it yourself.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1311399316' post='2761928']
Probably been here longer than you have, but then again I'm not going to make an assumption based on your forum account.

Since you're the experienced and responsible adult here though, I just thought you'd know that if you want something done you've got to do it yourself.
[/quote]
I don't think he was saying that he wants to roll NG. I think he was getting at the fact that alliances have been rolled for much less than this. Interpretation and semantics, I suppose.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311398663' post='2761923']
Bob, this isn't so much about tech raiding as it is about tossing a protectorate out to dry. It's not like the protectorate did anything wrong, either. It just seems like they felt like feeling high and mighty, so they went right for it.
[/quote]
The point I'm trying to make is that the "They didn't give us enough warning!" argument is pretty damn flawed.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1311399446' post='2761932']
The point I'm trying to make is that the "They didn't give us enough warning!" argument is pretty damn flawed.
[/quote]

Rofl, it's better than the "it was a joke" argument and the argument that hasn't even been presented as to why raiding TAA was reasonable.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1311398999' post='2761926']
[/quote]

TAA didn't screw up. Hell, they didn't even post this announcement. Nor did they invite NG to raid them.

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='FeaR_LeSs' timestamp='1311400231' post='2761937']
Well if we actually DoW'd on Tetris it would probably be the only war that was 1 on 1 as VE would probably sit out
[/quote]

Why would you even do that? Tetris didn't do anything wrong. Your post doesn't even make sense...

Yeah, because talking about how you can beat up a 1m NS alliance is going to help you regain PR from this blunder.

If you dislike us that much, you could always take your own advice and ~do something about it~. :rolleyes:

Morons. I didn't think this thread could get any dumber.

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1311401277' post='2761945']
You asked them to cancel the treaty, they did. It was then your responsibility to get a protectorate wrote.
[/quote]

I guess "Class" and "In good faith" are not in a lot of peoples vocabularies anymore.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1311402030' post='2761950']
I guess "Class" and "In good faith" are not in a lot of peoples vocabularies anymore.
[/quote]

Not Really. This is a good thing. Makes a little drama here and there.