Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1311384328' post='2761643']
Once could say that your alliance met the requirements of their raid polices. You may have not deserved this, but it still happened. Many alliances are raided every day on Planet Bob regardless if they deserve it or not.

Enjoy it. It's not that bad and you can always rebuild.
[/quote]

so you wouldnt mind if i raided you Jgoods? ;)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311384765' post='2761648']
I have to agree. However, Planet Bob always needs bad guys and it is good to see someone embrace the role.
[/quote]

Dropping a protectorate that you said you'd take on as a condition for having an MDoAP ally merge into you and proceeding to raid them is not being the bad guys. It's being dicks.

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='Eff Jay' timestamp='1311382841' post='2761631']
Consider this the only chance you have to raid us. Get your blows in now. Cause you wont have another chance. Also i just wanna say its sad that NG has to pull this card over a newly formed alliance that never did anything to deserve this. It really shows your true colors.
[/quote]

We were told that TAA didn't want our protection, so we announced it on the OWF. We didn't pull "ANY" card... :wacko:

[quote name='Eff Jay' timestamp='1311384781' post='2761649']
so you wouldnt mind if i raided you Jgoods? ;)
[/quote]

I wouldn't mind it at all. :) It's another chance to escalate something that doesn't need to be escalated in anyway shape or form.

LOL at all of this

Tetris: hey we are going to take over the protection of TAA
NG: ok, We will go post the cancellation and update our wiki
Tetris: ok cool

TAA gets raided since I guess Tetris didn't have their announcement ready to go.

Tetris: whaaaa Whaaaaa Whaaaaqa

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1311384892' post='2761652']
Dropping a protectorate that you said you'd take on as a condition for having an MDoAP ally merge into you and proceeding to raid them is not being the bad guys. It's being dicks.
[/quote]

Thats what happens when you combine all those alliance who were like that before into one group. Expect this and things like this to happen for a long time

[quote name='Gofastleft' timestamp='1311385436' post='2761672']
LOL at all of this

Tetris: hey we are going to take over the protection of TAA
NG: ok, We will go post the cancellation and update our wiki
Tetris: ok cool

TAA gets raided since I guess Tetris didn't have their announcement ready to go.

Tetris: whaaaa Whaaaaa Whaaaaqa
[/quote]

As per usual, there are discrepencies in your view.

I would join the others complaining that this move it unethical, underhanded, mean, and all other accusations that really mean nothing in CN, but such meaningless words don't exactly describe my feelings in this situation. Obviously, Non Grata, you knew how this thread would go over with most people, and the effects were probably as satisfying to you as the were speedily delivered. However, at least to me anyways, this makes you look just purely weak. I understand some alliances think that by stirring up controversy and becoming the center of public outrage, they'll get attention and publicity, but to flex your muscles by announcing that the world can now raid your former protectorate is like breaking a graham cracker with your bare hands and turning to a girl and saying "Impressed?"

If you want to show your muscle or get a rise out of me, do something that takes a little strength and a lot of balls. This is just pathetic.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1311386289' post='2761691']
If you want to show your muscle or get a rise out of me, do something that takes a little strength and a lot of balls. This is just pathetic.
[/quote]
Quoted for truth. No one will actually do something risky though.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1311386289' post='2761691']
I would join the others complaining that this move it unethical, underhanded, mean, and all other accusations that really mean nothing in CN, but such meaningless words don't exactly describe my feelings in this situation. Obviously, Non Grata, you knew how this thread would go over with most people, and the effects were probably as satisfying to you as the were speedily delivered. However, at least to me anyways, this makes you look just purely weak. I understand some alliances think that by stirring up controversy and becoming the center of public outrage, they'll get attention and publicity, but to flex your muscles by announcing that the world can now raid your former protectorate is like breaking a graham cracker with your bare hands and turning to a girl and saying "Impressed?"

[/quote]

We were told that we were not needed for protection any more several days ago and that they would get back to us, they never did, Tetris approached us just before KX did this thread and then he updated our Wiki. I will admit that Malone raiding was possibly a tad harsh, but IMHO we should have coordinated better with Tetris so that we both posted simultaneously. And why did we know how this thread would go? We were told to drop them so tetris could take over, we were no longer wanted. We didn't drop anyone! TAA dropped us and took up tetris instead. It is not our fault that tetris didn't have their treaty ready and thus there were active raiders on the OWF who saw that there was a lul in protection.

A question I'd like to ask you is why would we want attention or publicity? I think you don't understand what NG are about. Come to our IRC channel or our forums and talk to us instead of putting words in our collective mouths about flexing our muscles. This sort of thing was not flexing our muscles so perhaps you should get your facts straight Stonewall. We didn't announce to the world that they can now raid our protectorate. We announced that we were no longer protecting them. What raiders do with that information is up to them.

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1311384965' post='2761655']
We were told that TAA didn't want our protection, so we announced it on the OWF. We didn't pull "ANY" card... :wacko:
[/quote]

Not informing TAA that they would be dropped before they received proper protection and then presuming to raid them immediately after dropping them would appear to be a pretty dirty card trick. The only decent thing you guys did was not post the direct links to TAA.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1311387614' post='2761708']
Not informing TAA that they would be dropped before they received proper protection and then presuming to raid them immediately after dropping them would appear to be a pretty dirty card trick. The only decent thing you guys did was not post the direct links to TAA.
[/quote]

I quote from a private channel. Tetris knew about the fact we were posting this thread so I don't see how it is our fault that TAA didn't know. At that time we didn't have any direct TAA discussion open and as you can read, it was tetris, not TAA who informed us that Tetris were taking over their protection.

[quote]01:18 <@dane0[tetris]> okay, i need one of you triums
01:18 <&KingXander> ok
01:18 <@dane0[tetris]> so, TAA has requested that Tetris take over their protection
01:18 <&KingXander> why
01:19 <@dane0[tetris]> tetris has agreed, and I was told to inform you guys, since you guys are still technically protecting them
01:19 <@dane0[tetris]> and i say you guys a lot. i just noticed that
01:19 <@danosaur> roll tetris for stealing protectorates if you ask me
01:19 <@dane0[tetris]> not stealing
01:19 <@danosaur> cool !
01:20 -!- danosaur [danosaur@3904A40F.A084DF39.10EC357.IP] has quit [Quit: I masturbate because Im the only one whose standards are low enough to $%&@ me.]
01:20 <&KingXander> <KingXander> why
01:21 <@dane0[tetris]> they don't really know you guys
01:21 <@dane0[tetris]> is what i'm told
01:22 <@dane0[tetris]> and they were never really asked who they wanted to protect them
01:22 <&KingXander> mmm, ok. i'll go announce cancellation and update my wiki
01:23 <@dane0[tetris]> okay
01:24 <&KingXander> good luck
[/quote]

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1311387435' post='2761703']
We didn't announce to the world that they can now raid our protectorate. We announced that we were no longer protecting them. What raiders do with that information is up to them.
[/quote]
Actually, you did.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1311381168' post='2761608']
tl;dr Sup Raiders
[/quote]

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1311387914' post='2761715']
I quote from a private channel. Tetris knew about the fact we were posting this thread so I don't see how it is our fault that TAA didn't know. At that time we didn't have any direct TAA discussion open and as you can read, it was tetris, not TAA who informed us that Tetris were taking over their protection.
[/quote]
And you see nothing wrong with not updating TAA on the matter or waiting for Tetris to be fully prepared to ensure protection?

It's always best to let the new protectors post first so there's no gap in protection, or else this happens. Other than that and the "tl;dr Sup Raiders" part, which was definitely wrong, this really wasn't a big deal. People still must be up in arms after the Legacy announcement. ^_^

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1311387435' post='2761703']
We were told that we were not needed for protection any more several days ago and that they would get back to us, they never did, Tetris approached us just before KX did this thread and then he updated our Wiki. I will admit that Malone raiding was possibly a tad harsh, but IMHO we should have coordinated better with Tetris so that we both posted simultaneously. And why did we know how this thread would go? We were told to drop them so tetris could take over, we were no longer wanted. We didn't drop anyone! TAA dropped us and took up tetris instead. It is not our fault that tetris didn't have their treaty ready and thus there were active raiders on the OWF who saw that there was a lul in protection.

A question I'd like to ask you is why would we want attention or publicity? I think you don't understand what NG are about. Come to our IRC channel or our forums and talk to us instead of putting words in our collective mouths about flexing our muscles. This sort of thing was not flexing our muscles so perhaps you should get your facts straight Stonewall. We didn't announce to the world that they can now raid our protectorate. We announced that we were no longer protecting them. What raiders do with that information is up to them.
[/quote]

Well, I can't argue that I don't really know you beyond the fact that PC merged into you, and this kind of thing was commonplace for PC. However, even if I did give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're not just out to flex your muscles all the time, the announcement still showed heavy disdain toward the protectorate's status and openly invited raiders to the fledgling alliance. If that was not a move for attention, then it was one out of real intention to harm the young alliance, which is even more gutless.