Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1311401277' post='2761945']
You asked them to cancel the treaty, they did. It was then your responsibility to get a protectorate wrote.
[/quote]
It's not like NG had a protectorate that canceled and then they did this. It was SLCB's protectorate who did not want to carry the treaty over to the merger. Protecting the old AA of a merged alliance for a reasonable period of time until everyone decides where they want to go and gets their house in order is a classy thing. The same is true for a treaty partner of the old AA. Instead of giving them some time to figure out where they stood, NG threw them to the dogs. They even participated. It's scummy.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1311402326' post='2761955']
Not Really. This is a good thing. Makes a little drama here and there.
[/quote]
Drama is fine and dandy and all of that good stuff, but that's hardly justification to throw someone who put their trust in you as a protector under the bus for no reason at all.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sloane' timestamp='1311401235' post='2761944']
Cool! [s]This game[/s] Planet Bob is so exciting! Thanks!
[/quote]
Fixed that for ya.

[quote name='nutkase']
I guess "Class" and "In good faith" are not in a lot of peoples vocabularies anymore.
[/quote]

Tell me about it.
I mean, was it really too hard to wait like an hour or two so that Tetris could make their announcement before you posted your cancellation?
That being said, this is all really overblown and not worth the amount of time being given to it.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1311402326' post='2761955']
Not Really. This is a good thing. Makes a little drama here and there.
[/quote]

There is a difference between drama and throwing a alliance to the wolves for the "lols"

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1311402030' post='2761950']
I guess "Class" and "In good faith" are not in a lot of peoples vocabularies anymore.
[/quote]
This is NG we're talking about. They have as much class as well !@#$. They just don't have class.

[quote name='Give Me Water' timestamp='1311403176' post='2761960']
It's not like NG had a protectorate that canceled and then they did this. It was SLCB's protectorate who did not want to carry the treaty over to the merger. Protecting the old AA of a merged alliance for a reasonable period of time until everyone decides where they want to go and gets their house in order is a classy thing. The same is true for a treaty partner of the old AA. Instead of giving them some time to figure out where they stood, NG threw them to the dogs. They even participated. It's scummy.[/quote]

In the future you should get your house in order.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1311403544' post='2761962']
There is a difference between drama and throwing a alliance to the wolves for the "lols"
[/quote]

I would of done the same. Just look at the government list to see why. :P

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1311399634' post='2761934']
TAA didn't screw up.........
[/quote]
Yes they did. They should've gotten a new protectorate before asking us to drop them. We did as they requested. Now you whine about them getting raided. I can see where some things NG could have done differently, but to say TAA is blameless is stupid.

You need to take a chill pill. You aren't thinking rationally.

Ok woh, nice to wake up to this. This wasn't handled in the greatest way on our part. I don't agree with Malone raiding our old protectorate, and I didn't think the joke in the OP should have been included but apart from that it's not like Tetris has been on their best behaviors in the past few days either (mass pm'ing our AA's in a disrespectful way to NG). So I guess we are even with Tetris now.

Also it might have been better if TAA came to us personally to ask if we could still protect them until the agreement was up. So I think all party's are to blame here not just NG. If TAA want, I'll send them 3mil to cover the damages that Malone did and call it a night.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1311408514' post='2761988']
Ok woh, nice to wake up to this. This wasn't handled in the greatest way on our part. I don't agree with Malone raiding our old protectorate, and I didn't think the joke in the OP should have been included but apart from that it's not like Tetris has been on their best behaviors in the past few days either (mass pm'ing our AA's in a disrespectful way to NG). So I guess we are even with Tetris now.

Also it might have been better if TAA came to us personally to ask if we could still protect them until the agreement was up. So I think all party's are to blame here not just NG. If TAA want, I'll send them 3mil to cover the damages that Malone did and call it a night.
[/quote]

Congratulations on muzzling your dogs before they made your alliance look bad. :rolleyes:

That said, I hope both parties can move past this while NG and their ilk continue to raid CN into further obscurity.

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1311409937' post='2761991']
Congratulations on muzzling your dogs before they made your alliance look bad. :rolleyes:

That said, I hope both parties can move past this while NG and their ilk continue to raid CN into further obscurity.
[/quote]
as long as people have tech there will be raiders, and your just upset that you dont get to have as much fun as us :P

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1311410383' post='2761992']
as long as people have tech there will be raiders, and your just upset that you dont get to have as much fun as us :P
[/quote]
or as much land.

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1311410626' post='2761994']
I always think the fight is more fun when people fight back. :smug:
[/quote]
me too, dont group raiders into a single bunch, there are alot of us that enjoy a friendly back and forth of attacks and its easier to get more casualties if they fight back.

I think what we can collectively take from this thread is this
[list]
[*] KingXander should have posted with more tact
[*] TAA should have directly contacted us
[*] NG need to make more joint channels with their protectorates
[*] Tetris shouldn't have been the one to announce to us that we were no longer required.
[*] It should have been a joint announcement of protection change between Tetris, NG and TAA.
[/list]

We'll take what this thread has brought up and ensure that this will not happen again in the future. We're still sorting out policies and procedures.

Hi guys! Me again! Look, I'm no there to say what I did was right or wrong, because that debate can be had a million times over. What I will say is that as far as TAA was concerned at the time, it was a legal raid. I didn't consult gov, because since it was legal I didn't have to. Afterwards, Green Muffins and myself joked around in main channel, I even offered to finish out the tech deal with him at a rate of 3mil/38 tech.

If the guy I raided is cool about all this, why are you all so whiny? Seriously, if yall are that bored maybe you should stop sitting on your thumbs, grab your joystick, and find some fun games to play.

Oh hey, Haflinger! Add another successful one to my record will you since you're my official war-stats keeper now.

Gee, I would have thought that TAA did the right thing by communicating with NG regarding their intentions, particularly given the objections expressed regarding the manner of Legacy's FA change. This just confirms the incentive not to communicate prior to such a change.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1311415668' post='2762016']
The way I read those logs, they DIDN'T come to us. Tetris came to us. At least I'm fairly sure that's what Tetris stands for...
[/quote]

Tetris came to you informing that they were protecting TAA. I imagine that's why your gov is offering reps for your raid.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1311415793' post='2762017']
Tetris came to you informing that they were protecting TAA. I imagine that's why your gov is offering reps for your raid.
[/quote]

Not really. I'm offering reps because I'm a nice guy not because I have to. Don't confuse kindness with weakness (I've always wanted to use that quote :lol1:).

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1311415793' post='2762017']
[/quote]

The raid was after this thread was announced and before Tetris announced their new protection.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1311391939' post='2761791']
I can't talk for SLCB, but I know that if I were in their shoes,having merged into NG only to see NG !@#% on their protectorate, it probably wouldn't take much more for me to leave.
[/quote]
On the contrary, I think you'll find that the majority of SLCB would do the same thing. The Armada Alliance have been in decline for a long time, this event would have given them a nice PR boost while at the same time, giving them the incentive to buck up and to actually spend more time in keeping themselves active. Also, I support the actions of Non Grata in this. They have done the right thing in this case.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1311422455' post='2762037']
On the contrary, I think you'll find that the majority of SLCB would do the same thing. The Armada Alliance have been in decline for a long time, this event would have given them a nice PR boost while at the same time, giving them the incentive to buck up and to actually spend more time in keeping themselves active. Also, I support the actions of Non Grata in this. They have done the right thing in this case.
[/quote]

I don't think ending your post with [b]tl:dr sup raiders[/b] is the right thing.

[quote name='The Normandy' timestamp='1311426689' post='2762056']
I don't think ending your post with [b]tl:dr sup raiders[/b] is the right thing.
[/quote]
It's my choice what I talk about. I support the actions of my alliance's protector and besides, Team Rocket are sufficiently protected by them, raiding the alliance would not be a very smart thing for anyone to do.

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1311395694' post='2761860']
Non Grata, I've never seen a move in Cybernations (and I've been playing since the inception) that warranted a curb-stomp with quite the [b]voracity[/b] as this.

Good luck out there...
[/quote]

You missed out on a lot of things since inception then.