The next war

Alterego

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon next year would be the next global war, some major/minor dispute will happen sometime around autumn between two small/moderate alliances, which will have the world get a rock on about the global war that would happen from it... Then diplomacy will prevail with the two alliances kissing and making up because of allies help in talks, the world will then get disappointed and sulk about lack of war and more of these topics will surface.

Rinse and repeat like always.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1310926840' post='2757865']
I reckon next year would be the next global war, some major/minor dispute will happen sometime around autumn between two small/moderate alliances, which will have the world get a rock on about the global war that would happen from it... Then diplomacy will prevail with the two alliances kissing and making up because of allies help in talks, the world will then get disappointed and sulk about lack of war and more of these topics will surface.

Rinse and repeat like always.
[/quote]

SOS-NsO war? Except they didn't kiss and make up, they decided to just never ever speak to each other ever again.

We need a nice mid-sized war to hold everyone over. Maybe 5-10 decent alliances, similar in size and scope to the 6 Million Dollar war or the NEW-DF war. That'll probably happen by October, followed by a larger war in December.

Well, let's take a look at the current situation.

We have two apparent sides, both with large, competent alliances, and treaties that cascade out in a way that would shatter the treaty web and provide a war which would remain interesting to follow beyond the first few days.

So no time soon, basically.

The big boys don't want war at the moment, as they're all rebuilding from the last one. (Those that didn't really fight, like MHA and Duckroll, aren't generally aggressive enough to do anything, though Valhalla used to be in the bad old days.) We're currently in the political positioning phase, as you can clearly see from two major new blocs since the war. It will be at least six months before most of them are ready for a war and so unless there is a big surprise coalition attack from somewhere it will be at least six months before the next global war.

I'm sure TOP would love to be pre-empted by NpO. I'd like to get a ticket to that party, it should be fun.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1310895665' post='2757697']
Didn't vote, as long as your alliance is on the opposing side and [i]fighting[/i]
[/quote]
Nope, you'll be cuddling up with, and fighting with BAPS next war. Enjoy :P

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1310931059' post='2757894']
SOS-NsO war? Except they didn't kiss and make up, they decided to just never ever speak to each other ever again.[/quote]

Yeah stuff like that happens more often than any normal person (member) realises as it doesnt get to the DoW stages as evil diplomacy will win nearly all the time, also about the kiss and make up thing is just a saying :P

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310922298' post='2757828']
It seems to take a year for alliances to rebuild so the January +/- one month cycle is when the next war will take place.

December
January
February

The reason will be highly debated resulting in thousands of mind numbing posts rehashing the sins of the alliance that got declared on.
[b]
Since preemption is supposedly acceptable now, Polar should just attack TOP and get things over with. There would be no way that TOP and its allies could argue against it since they are the masters of preemption. Yet, their hypocrisy knows no bounds so they would argue that they never had any plans to roll Polar again and add it to the list of grievous sins.[/b]
[/quote]

This almost made me cream my pants.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1310956111' post='2758097']
Threads like these do not make the wait more appealing.
[/quote]
It would be better if the frequency of major wars were equal to the frequency of threads like these.

My best guess is September, because war always breaks out in the first week of the semester... <_<

As for sides, it doesn't matter who starts the war, as soon as everyone gets involved and nobody is free to protect Polar, TOP is going to absolutely nail their asses to the wall. That much is certain.

When TOP finally hits Polar, I think the "I knew about this X ago" posts will reach critical mass and wipe out Planet Bob. Then there will be no more wars. Polar just HAD to ruin it for everyone.