Non Grata Declares War on the NAAC

LordChozo

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1310007675' post='2751060']
Got to page 5, I am a few days behind. But after the Jack Diorno incident, Ronin does protect the NAAC AA in any way that we can. No there is nothing on paper about it.

It's ok though, the person who raided Chozo isn't....well you know my mom always said if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.
[/quote]

Airme wakes up to find the world has left him behind, lol.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to page 5, I am a few days behind. But after the Jack Diorno incident, Ronin does protect the NAAC AA in any way that we can. No there is nothing on paper about it.

It's ok though, the person who raided Chozo isn't....well you know my mom always said if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.
[/quote]

Maybe you should make sure it's on their bio's and on their wiki next time.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1310071007' post='2751601']
Or maybe raiders should apply due diligence.

Anyway, Tetris formally posted a notice of protection, so there shouldn't [i]be[/i] a next time and if there is there should be reps no questions asked.
[/quote]

Airme said there was nothing written on paper about it and it was "in any way they can", so I don't think there was really and diligence to do.

But yea, now there is something on paper, so it should be fine in the future, and I don't think your going to see NG or anyone else having gripes with a formal protectorate.

Happy ending for all, etc etc.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1310071007' post='2751601']
Or maybe raiders should apply due diligence.[/quote]
I don't care much about due diligence Bob. Reasonable investigation should be enough. Bio's and wiki's should be updated all times. You can't expect people to monitor all posts in all threads in all forums, can you?

[quote]Anyway, Tetris formally posted a notice of protection, so there shouldn't [i]be[/i] a next time and if there is there should be reps no questions asked.
[/quote]

With next time I meant, the next thing they want to protect. I don't give a !@#$ basically who or what they or anyone else protects, just make clear you are. So it must come up with reasonable investigation. If not, well the blame is on you.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1310078232' post='2751710']
Great idea. "Unofficially protected by Ronin, attacks might be responded to"
[/quote]

It was only unofficial because Ronin lacked putting any of it in writing.

[/quote]

:smug::smug:

o/ d3filed
o/ free tech

Ultimately I believe we've done NAAC a great favour here recently; as it's incredibly unlikely that they will be subjected to tech re-distribution ever again.

Edited by d3filed

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1310078648' post='2751720']
:smug::smug:

o/ d3filed
o/ free tech

Ultimately I believe [b]we've done NAAC a great favour here recently; [/b]as it's incredibly unlikely that they will be subjected to tech re-distribution ever again.
[/quote]

Moralist scum. :rolleyes:

I could have sworn they were protected by NpO, Ronin, and others who had former members in positions of power. If it's not in their bio or easily available to those who live under rocks, that's one thing, but as soon as the raiders are told the nations are protected they should check out those statements and not make any further attacks, lest risking the goodwill said protectors may be willing to extend under the circumstances. Of course, all common sense, good will, and good faith go out the window if you have the power to back it up regardless of the consequences.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1310071758' post='2751612']
I don't care much about due diligence Bob. Reasonable investigation should be enough. Bio's and wiki's should be updated all times. You can't expect people to monitor all posts in all threads in all forums, can you?
[/quote]
This, this, a thousand times this. Failing to provide proof of protection in bio or wiki form is an invitation for raiding. You can't expect all alliances to pay attention to this sort of thing on the forums. Bios and Wikis are due diligence enough.

I get the whole "feel proud for your disbanded alliance" thing, but I don't really see how that translates into the OP throwing around the weight of those who honor the memory of the NAAC every time his refusal to move on lands him in hot water. The way I see it, the raiders aren't raiding the NAAC, they're raiding a pile of tech and land that expects people to watch its back but with no obligation for it to watch theirs. I mean really, is the memory of the NAAC somehow bolstered by LordChozo's tech?

Either way, it seems this has been decided. The OP has been living off the good graces of those who respected the NAAC since she disbanded, and like a good parasite who's host has dried up, it has found a new one - this time in the form of Tetris.

See you all in, 6? months when this happens again.

Edited by Cobalt

[quote name='Cobalt' timestamp='1310143767' post='2752581']
I get the whole "feel proud for your disbanded alliance" thing, but I don't really see how that translates into the OP throwing around the weight of those who honor the memory of the NAAC every time his refusal to move on lands him in hot water. The way I see it, the raiders aren't raiding the NAAC, they're raiding a pile of tech and land that expects people to watch its back but with no obligation for it to watch theirs. I mean really, is the memory of the NAAC somehow bolstered by LordChozo's tech?

Either way, it seems this has been decided. The OP has been living off the good graces of those who respected the NAAC since she disbanded, and like a good parasite who's host has dried up, it has found a new one - this time in the form of Tetris.

See you all in, 6? months when this happens again.
[/quote]

It won't happen again. We have gotten the appropriate information to be placed in the bios.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1310145473' post='2752612']
It won't happen again. We have gotten the appropriate information to be placed in the bios.
[/quote]

Pfft. Our protection is better than yours!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1310145473' post='2752612']
[/quote]

Good grief AirMe, why did you go and do that?? All you did was stop a few days of drama from happening again in six months. :lol1:

[quote name='Gofastleft' timestamp='1310163538' post='2752872']
Good grief AirMe, why did you go and do that?? All you did was stop a few days of drama from happening again in six months. :lol1:
[/quote]

We can arrange that I am sure :P

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1310071758' post='2751612']
[/quote]

The bio space is limited and often used for other things. Anybody can edit a wiki but that doesnt make them up to date as very few people do. You cant be expected to monitor every forum post, but you can be expected to [i]search[/i] them, which it seems would have turned up some warnings. And frankly just looking at his AA seniority should have set off some alarm bells - someone with 4.5 years seniority on an AA like that with no backup? If it looks to good to be true it probably is.

Anyhow, looks like everything worked out for the best.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir