Non Grata Declares War on the NAAC

LordChozo

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1309810216' post='2748532']
Ahh \m/ did that doo "What's the big deal?!"

Then again I guess you have more high placed friends then they did at that time.
[/quote]

STA saw an opportunity to embarrass an alliance they didn't like and due to their support from MK and Polar, they had nothing to fear from sticking a knife where we had left an opportunity open.

I cordially invite the STA of today to try the same.

I thought this over for a bit. The NAAC was my first alliance and I hold many fond memories from those days, but I can't even seem to feign outrage at this.

Its not like it hasn't happened several times in the past, and what has come from it, have the raiders gotten the point? no, but Lord Chozo hasn't gotten the point either. If you want to stick it out on an AA for the sake of old memories and keeping the name alive, thats fine, but nobody owes you a damn thing for it, and the rules aren't different for you just because you think they should be.

At the end of the day, it'd be cool if you had friends with the leverage to do something about it.

Do you? Everytime this happens, people get outraged and say stern things, you might get a few million in reps, and a few months later it happens again. Its the same old story, and I'm tired of hearing it.

What if you get a few million? A few months and it happens again. Every day you spend on that AA is another roll of the dice. As admirable as staying on the AA is, you cheapen it by crying foul everytime somebody attacks you. The world doesn't turn to your tune.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1309813604' post='2748639']
STA saw an opportunity to embarrass an alliance they didn't like and due to their support from MK and Polar, they had nothing to fear from sticking a knife where we had left an opportunity open.

[/quote]

I've got no idea what your talking about, but thats a dumb argument.

Maybe STA couldn't do it now (whatever it is), but \m/ (I assume thats who your referring to) couldn't stop it when it mattered. Who do you think feels worse about it now? Who's losing sleep over it?

Probably you.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1309813604' post='2748639']

[/quote]

That's a completely different scenario. It's not even remotely similar to this one.

As time ticks on, the reverence given to historical AA's kind of just fades away. Sure it works well and is fine for a while, but after 4 or 5 years, probably should have expected that card was nearing its expiration date.

Also, I really doubt people want to have another debate on tech raiding. Some things have just been done to death and everyone is bored/sick of talking about them.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1309814610' post='2748660']
I've got no idea what your talking about, but thats a dumb argument.

Maybe STA couldn't do it now (whatever it is), but \m/ (I assume thats who your referring to) couldn't stop it when it mattered. Who do you think feels worse about it now? Who's losing sleep over it?

Probably you.
[/quote]

My time in \m/ is a whole era behind me and STA no longer has MK to swing around in people's faces, so I'm pretty OK with the outcome of the whole thing. Not to mention the incident led to me joining Umbrella, which was the best decision I've made in years. You're missing the point at any rate, James Dahl said "it didn't work for \m/, it won't work for you" but he's overlooking two crucial differences, one that Non Grata has the strength, both its own and that of its allies, to deter anybody from bullying them into a humiliating situation like \m/ ended up in, and two, this is a simple raid not a taken-way-too-far joke/publicity stunt like the GGA thing was. If somebody comes out of the woodwork and it turns out it was an invalid AA to attack due to some remaining protection (which in my opinion, it's a perfectly valid AA), then I'm sure Non Grata will rectify the situation.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1309814747' post='2748664']
That's a completely different scenario. It's not even remotely similar to this one.
[/quote]

That's the point!

Edited by Chief Savage Man

Oh, I didn't create the thread with the hopes of sparking a global incident. I'm not so stupid or naïve. I just wanted to, through use of example, state the NAAC's official stance on tech raids, and to announce that Non Grata had declared war against the NAAC.

Or is this not the forum for alliance announcements?

[quote name='LordChozo' timestamp='1309815196' post='2748671']
Oh, I didn't create the thread with the hopes of sparking a global incident. I'm not so stupid or naïve. I just wanted to, through use of example, state the NAAC's official stance on tech raids, and to announce that Non Grata had declared war against the NAAC.

Or is this not the forum for alliance announcements?
[/quote]

I don't know why you're trying to recognise this as a war; with your $1m warchest you would be incapable of giving any sort of fight.

Edited by d3filed

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1309815350' post='2748674']
I don't know why you're trying to recognise this as a war; with your $1m warchest you would be incapable of giving any sort of fight.
[/quote]

I don't think he cares much for the odds of the affair. Four is not exactly enough to take down PiFOK and its allies.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1309815567' post='2748679']
I don't think he cares much for the odds of the affair. Four is not exactly enough to take down PiFOK and its allies.
[/quote]

To be honest i just needed a reason to bring up the fact he's bill-locked.

[/quote]

If you're not even going to use our real name, at least use iClan. It's by far the best alternate choice.

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone at this stage would assume that the statistical outcome of a war means much to me. But it is a war. I can show you the screenshots where it says "War Declared!" if you want, but I don't believe that would be necessary. I'm not sure how you can possibly justify the action as anything other than war, really.

I'm accepting the peace offers from D3filed and King Aragorn solely on the basis that I am now working with Tetris, which has agreed to mediate the dispute.

I was a big fan of the NAAC, back when they were an alliance. They protected the alliance I was leading at the time until they disbanded. There was a time that I would have grabbed our member who raided NAAC and explained to them the historical place this AA has on planet Bob. That time ran out about 2 years ago.

A 233 nation alliance vs. a 4 nation AA?

I don't care about the history and/or NAAC's status as protected or non-protected, etc. It's hard for me NOT to respect a 4 nation AA with this kind of attitude.

Seriously, the request for reps is affordable for Non Grata regardless. Just say, "okay, here's your money" and be done with it.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1309817285' post='2748730']

I don't care about the history and/or NAAC's status as protected or non-protected, etc. It's hard for me NOT to respect a 4 nation AA with this kind of attitude.

Seriously, the request for reps is affordable for Non Grata regardless. Just say, "okay, here's your money" and be done with it.
[/quote]

It's not 233 vs 4, are you really that dense? It was a raid by 2 of our guys.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1309817285' post='2748730']

[/quote]

Posts like this are why I facepalm.

d3filed is awesome :smug:

I mean you tired yourself making this announcement one of the most basic things in this games mechanics if your a 4 man AA GET PROTECTION! if not than i don't care if your historical or whatever !@$#...

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1309818085' post='2748750']
d3filed is awesome :smug:

I mean you tired yourself making this announcement one of the most basic things in this games mechanics if your a 4 man AA GET PROTECTION! if not than i don't care if your historical or whatever !@$#...
[/quote]

I think what people are saying here though is that it's been common knowledge for a while now that they actually [b]are[/b] protected.