Non Grata Declares War on the NAAC

LordChozo

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1309811473' post='2748572']
As someone who isn't a dinosaur and joined Planet Bob before the Triassic era, I don't particularly know what NAAC, apparently a relic of an old era which has been dead and gone for years, is, besides an expired alliance with an acronym very similar to NADC.
[/quote]

NAAC is, as far as I'm aware, an alliance with a long and rich history... of consistently getting their faces beaten in. If anything, Non Grata's just keeping up the tradition.

All we need is to get NPO in on this and it'll be just like old times :awesome:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1309811659' post='2748575']
I'll note that the NAAC AA was protected by GR before their merge with TLR. You may want to talk to them before you decide this isn't a protected AA.
[/quote]TLR explicitly declared which of their treaties were carrying over from the merge and which ones weren't. The NAAC treaty wasn't listed amongst them. So it'd be sorta revised history to just pick the protectorate back up now.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1309811659' post='2748575']
I'll note that the NAAC AA was protected by GR before their merge with TLR. You may want to talk to them before you decide this isn't a protected AA.
[/quote]

Actually, as I recall, Athens and GR were jointly going to protect NAAC. That did not materialize however. As for my part, this is just another raid. If NAAC wants to be viewed as a dead alliance, then those hanging onto it, should let it die. Thats just my opinion.

[quote name='Edward Reed' timestamp='1309808491' post='2748487']
if you want to continue to exist on a small AA get a protector
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]NAAC as an AA has generally been respected, for historical reasons. In fact, there are many ex-NAAC scattered throughout the leadership of various alliances, and who have in the past declared that the NAAC affiliation will be protected. Quite frankly I must say I am interested in what their response to this will be.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309812029' post='2748584']
[color="#0000FF"]NAAC as an AA has generally been respected, for historical reasons. In fact, there are many ex-NAAC scattered throughout the leadership of various alliances, and who have in the past declared that the NAAC affiliation will be protected. Quite frankly I must say I am interested in what their response to this will be.[/color]
[/quote]
I, for one, am deeply hurt by this. :(

Given the history of the AA, I feel like someone should have put it under protection years ago. Be it a former enemy who respected the NAAC or one of the alliances that arose from the ashes of the NAAC. Just a nice little unilateral statement of protection. Seems odd this was never done. No protection basically meant some younger alliance was going to do exactly what just happened. It's basically likely ignoring a fire hazard for years.

[quote name='Republic of Bari' timestamp='1309812222' post='2748588']
Given the history of the AA, I feel like someone should have put it under protection years ago. Be it a former enemy who respected the NAAC or one of the alliances that arose from the ashes of the NAAC. Just a nice little unilateral statement of protection. Seems odd this was never done. No protection basically meant some younger alliance was going to do exactly what just happened. It's basically likely ignoring a fire hazard for years.
[/quote]

They've not just happened to go unnoticed for all these years and only to now get raided. Lots of former members went on to leadership roles in influential alliances. They lent their political weight to see NAAC went unharmed. Those people may have been replaced or fallen from grace these days. Now you see one of the oldest traditions on Bob being buried it would seem.

Edited by Vol Navy

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1309812532' post='2748601']
They've not just happened to go unnoticed for all these years and only to now get raided. Lots of former members went on to leadership roles in influential alliances. They lent their political weight to see NAAC went unharmed. Those people may have been replaced or fallen from grace these days. Now you see one of the oldest traditions on Bob being buried it would seem.
[/quote]

Listen buddy, it's not like we are forcing them out of the AA or mass-attacking them. All he has to do is accept the peace offer and move on.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1309812713' post='2748610']
Listen buddy, it's not like we are forcing them out of the AA or mass-attacking them. All he has to do is accept the peace offer and move on.
[/quote]

I'm just saying they've been protected for 4 years now. It was pretty common knowledge. We will see how much sway the old power brokers that provided that protection still have, or even how many of them are still around.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1309812927' post='2748617']
I'm just saying they've been protected for 4 years now. It was pretty common knowledge. We will see how much sway the old power brokers that provided that protection still have, or even how many of them are still around.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1309812927' post='2748617']
[/quote]

In those 4 years.. they have been raided multiple times. With no consequences. I wouldnt call them "protected."

I can't remember them being officially alliance wide protected as such, just a PR nightmare if you did raid them, hence why most raiding alliances I know steer clear.

Have Fun NG, never been a fan of protecting dead alliances myself.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1309813178' post='2748624']
I'm pretty sure GR protected these guys.

If we put four GAs in on your alliance, I'm sure you'd claim it was war and demand reps.
[/quote]

I'd claim it was a techraid gone wrong and demand reps. Subtle but notable difference Bob.