Fark Announcement

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308879365' post='2739821']
Please, you don't even have the balls to attack Aloha ... and it's a one man alliance. You can save the tough guy act.
[/quote]

No its not a one man alliance, its a one man AA and completely irrelevant to CN and always will be.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308870485' post='2739682']
Here is but a brief sample, id post the rest but your .gov member says far to many OOC statements in them for me to post verbatim here.

Anymore lies you wanna spout about not having plans on NoR???
[/quote]

I asked for proof, not snippets of chat logs which could be construed as something else. You have not shown us anything aside from paranoid rants about Fark trying to wage a war against NOR all while claiming to have proof. What I see in your post is something which has been edited to remove the context of the actual discussion and has turned it into something which it isn't. When I ask for proof I want to see actual proof of an impending attack: military planning chats, gov chats, target lists, etc. What you posted has no real hard proof of an attack and is just as flimsy as the "evidence" given by Moon landing deniers and 9/11 truthers - I'll be nice and spare the comparison to Holocaust deniers as this dead horse has all but been beaten into glue. Your "proof" is shoddy, biased, and circumstantial at best. It does not in any way indicate an actual plan by Fark gov to carry out any kind of an attack and in the end, you come out looking like a rube.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1308875415' post='2739753']
Well actually TheXerox's nation name is Norsegaard. OOC: With the whole German theme (in his nation bio and everything) he's bound to be a white supremacist!
[/quote]

If you had read my nation's bio closer, you would have seen that it is a Scandinavian theme, not German. The name "Norsegaard" refers to my Norwegian heritage, the Volvo, lutefisk, and kringle mentions in my bio also seem to be quite Scandinavian oriented too, wouldn't you agree? Besides, why would any white supremacist publically acknowledge being of Jewish descent and having relatives who died in the camps?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308879467' post='2739824']
Two almost wars blow up this week. Pls Pls Pls lets make the third time the charm and break the one year cycle between wars.

Also big thx to MJ for making this the most interesting week in CN since the last war.
[/quote]

Last war just ended. Shouldn't have surrendered after a week if you're so fond of war.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308879765' post='2739827']
... completely irrelevant to CN and always will be.
[/quote]

Are we talking about Valhalla? I'm confused.*
[size="1"]
*Not really, I'm just making fun of you.[/size]

[quote name='TheXerox' timestamp='1308880069' post='2739830']
If you had read my nation's bio closer, you would have seen that it is a Scandinavian theme, not German. The name "Norsegaard" refers to my Norwegian heritage, the Volvo, lutefisk, and kringle mentions in my bio also seem to be quite Scandinavian oriented too, wouldn't you agree? Besides, why would any white supremacist publically acknowledge being of Jewish descent and having relatives who died in the camps?
[/quote]

As I already said, I was *joking*. :mellow: I didn't think you were the slightest bit white supremacist.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308879467' post='2739824']
Two almost wars blow up this week. Pls Pls Pls lets make the third time the charm and break the one year cycle between wars.

Also big thx to MJ for making this the most interesting week in CN since the last war.
[/quote]

We could have more wars if we were all like MCXA and surrendered after two days.

Some of us are competent though.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1308880318' post='2739835']
As I already said, I was *joking*. :mellow: I didn't think you were the slightest bit white supremacist.
[/quote]

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation! :)

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1308880364' post='2739838']
We could have more wars if we were all like MCXA and surrendered after two days.

Some of us are competent though.
[/quote]

We could also have more wars if certain alliances wouldn't demand long term reps and extended war as peace terms, but hey, why would we want to make CN fun?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308880553' post='2739841']
We could also have more wars if certain alliances wouldn't demand long term reps and extended war as peace terms, but hey, why would we want to make CN fun?
[/quote]
But doing that creates rivalries, hatred, and someone/something to work to take down. That is fun.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1308880689' post='2739844']
But doing that creates rivalries, hatred, and someone/something to work to take down. That is fun.
[/quote]

True, but then those rivalries just lead to us all pissing at each other here and then doing nothing. Bo-ring.

[/quote]

You do have a point: it's definitely not fun when you're incompetent. But it's not our job to make it better for you.

You boys are so cute when you try and puff out your chest like that. But really, this is getting just a little silly. As a member of Fark gov I can say with absolute confidence that we, at no point, had (or currently have) any intention of rolling Nordreich. Do we like the content we saw in the leaked screenshots? Absolutely not. Do we realize that it is OOC related and not a valid CB? Oh, most definitely. Anyone who has been allied to Fark knows (and this is important) that we don't go to war for OOC reasons. Sure we get riled up and wish we could hit little Timmy on the playground for being a turd, but at the end of the day it is what we actually do that matters, and in this case we have done nothing. Yes, our government members (note I'm not denying that he's a member of our government) might query our allies to vent our frustrations with something that we see that bothers us. That falls, at least to me, into the realm of ally communications.

Yes, we were concerned when we saw the content of some of those screenshots, and frankly I was a bit confused. In the Q&A we had with Nordreich back in August/September in their embassy on our boards, we were told by members of their alliance/government that any form of racism/white supremacy/Nazi sympathizing, whether it be IC or OOC, was not tolerated in the least and that said member would be dealt with accordingly. To see screenshots of a Nordreich member calling a black woman !@#$%*s and apes and a thread dedicated to supporting the family of a very well known white supremacist who, we later find out, was a high ranking member of their alliance goes against what they had led us to believe nearly a year ago. It bothered us enough that when a member of Valhalla came to us we were frank with them. In those leaked query logs you guys have, scroll down a bit until you get to this line:

[quote]01[01:17] <Crocodilly_Pontifex[Fark]> and that FARK will not associate with people who support white supremacists
01[01:18] <Crocodilly_Pontifex[Fark]> in any capacity[/quote]

We weren't asking Valhalla to drop Nordreich so we could attack them. We want to know what people's stance on this is because we are concerned that OOC/IC lines might be getting crossed in very disturbing ways. We aren't looking to roll Nordreich for this any more than we would want to roll another alliance for having furries as members.

When we got the news last night that Nordreich was circling the wagons in preparation for a Fark DoW we decided to have a little fun with it. At no point did we consider actually doing anything more than poke them with a stick here on the forums. We didn't not attack Nordreich because we don't have enough backing, and we didn't not attack them because we are spineless. We didn't do anything because OOC stuff isn't DoW-worthy. We knew the expectation was there for us to attack Nordreich for OOC reasons and we found it so funny we posted this with the intent of poking fun of the people who thought we would actually DoW them.

Mission accomplished ^_^

Edit: I accidentally a word :P

Edited by TumultuousPapaya

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308880792' post='2739847']
True, but then those rivalries just lead to us all pissing at each other here and then doing nothing. Bo-ring.
[/quote]
The complaining generally comes from the people not involved.

[quote name='TumultuousPapaya' timestamp='1308880851' post='2739849']
We want to know what people's stance on this is because we are concerned that OOC/IC lines might be getting crossed in very disturbing ways.
[/quote]

Oh, this is precious. Funny how you were the ones who crossed that line, when you contacted their allies about events unrelated to this world.

[/quote]
I agree that reps suck, but this isn't the reason why wars never start. I retract that blog I had stating that this was the reason (this was during my crazy stage).

People need to think before they speak.

False accusations, slander, slurs are not things a wise person will throw out lightly.

The particular slander I keep seeing repeated is one of the most vile and ugly ones possible. Imagine if YOU were the target of such lies! If that doesnt bother you, then maybe the boot fits in your case and you should come out of the closet and wear it. But otherwise, if you are decent folk, just the idea of someone calling you this will make your blood boil. As it should.

I was a member of Nordreich for well over a year. I was a government member. I had access to a lot more than this infiltrator can see. And if this perennial slander were true, I would surely know it. In fact, logically, I would have to have been a part of it. I would still have to be a part of it to this day, in conspiracy against my own blood. It's an utterly absurd accusation, anyone that has even a passing acquaintance with me could only laugh at it.

So, fair warning. You slander Nordreich on this, you slander me as well.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308880792' post='2739847']
[/quote]
It helps to be relevant enough to have a rivalry.

[quote name='TumultuousPapaya' timestamp='1308880851' post='2739849']
You boys are so cute when you try and puff out your chest like that. But really, this is getting just a little silly. As a member of Fark gov I can say with absolute confidence that we, at no point, had (or currently have) any intention of rolling Nordreich. Do we like the content we saw in the leaked screenshots? Absolutely not. Do we realize that it is OOC related and not a valid CB? Oh, most definitely. Anyone who has been allied to Fark knows (and this is important) that we don't go to war for OOC reasons. Sure we get riled up and wish we could hit little Timmy on the playground for being a turd, but at the end of the day it is what we actually do that matters, and in this case we have done nothing. Yes, our government members (note I'm not denying that he's a member of our government) might query our allies to vent our frustrations with something that we see that bothers us. That falls, at least to me, into the realm of ally communications.

Yes, we were concerned when we saw the content of some of those screenshots, and frankly I was a bit confused. In the Q&A we had with Nordreich back in August/September in their embassy on our boards, we were told by members of their alliance/government that any form of racism/white supremacy/Nazi sympathizing, whether it be IC or OOC, was not tolerated in the least and that said member would be dealt with accordingly. To see screenshots of a Nordreich member calling a black woman !@#$%*s and apes and a thread dedicated to supporting the family of a very well known white supremacist who, we later find out, was a high ranking member of their alliance goes against what they had led us to believe nearly a year ago. It bothered us enough that when a member of Valhalla came to us we were frank with them. In those leaked query logs you guys have, scroll down a bit until you get to this line:

We weren't asking Valhalla to drop Nordreich so we could attack them. We want to know what people's stance on this is because we are concerned that OOC/IC lines might be getting crossed in very disturbing ways. We aren't looking to roll Nordreich for this any more than we would want to roll another alliance for having furries as members.

When we got the news last night that Nordreich was circling the wagons in preparation for a Fark DoW we decided to have a little fun with it. At no point did we consider actually doing anything more than poke them with a stick here on the forums. We didn't not attack Nordreich because we don't have enough backing, and we didn't not attack them because we are spineless. We didn't do anything because OOC stuff isn't DoW-worthy. We knew the expectation was there for us to attack Nordreich for OOC reasons and we found it so funny we posted this with the intent of poking fun of the people who thought we would actually DoW them.

Mission accomplished ^_^

Edit: I accidentally a word :P
[/quote]

Maybe if you were so worried about NoR internal matters you should have asked how we dealt with these issues and people like a man, instead of taking the word of some out of context and positioned screenshots like a snot nosed kid.