Fark Announcement

[quote name='TheXerox' timestamp='1308849000' post='2739431']
Are we still making lousy puns about people thinking we'd rush them?[/quote]

Since you all dont have the support OR the balls to "Rush" them, lousy puns is all FARK has to play with. So yes that is exactly what you are doing :lol1:

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1308856060' post='2739519']
I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. Maybe my sense of humor is just different but I find both the Harry potter and the nazi puns pretty hilarious. What's wrong with enemies having some fun with each other?
[/quote]

[OOC]The only thing that worries me is that some people think that "You're nazi" and "You're a Harry Potter fan" are equivalent insults.[/OOC]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308860188' post='2739572']
[OOC]The only thing that worries me is that some people think that "You're nazi" and "You're a Harry Potter fan" are equivalent insults.[/OOC]
[/quote]
I guess i need to spell it out for those that didnt get it. [ooc] They are not equal one is done in fun the other is done to hurt. Bringing OOC crap in to this game is stupid no matter what is being said that was the point. [/OOC]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308860188' post='2739572']
[/quote]
Seriously. We all know how creepy it is for a grown-ass man to be so serious about bespectacled boys and teenage witches.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308859941' post='2739570']
Since you all dont have the support OR the balls to "Rush" them, lousy puns is all FARK has to play with. So yes that is exactly what you are doing :lol1:
[/quote]
Oh my god I agree with chefjoe :(

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1308859542' post='2739566']
Very funny nazi jokes. Could have expected this, as Pxychosis thinks he's morally superior.

Deplorable.
[/quote]
I agree, we should put our heads together and come up with a final solution for stopping these jokes. My struggle with the issue hasn't yielded any ideas.

And now it's time that the staff putsch a stop to all your fun. Aside from the fact that just about half the posts in this thread have been completely OOC, there have been quite a number in incredibly poor taste. Please keep things IC and tasteful.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308837384' post='2739332']
It's all sort of revealing of the sort of characters we're dealing with here. Kahn/Durim opens a thread revealing Xiphosis' OOC oddities and Xiphosis demands his expulsion and ZI from Athens. Fark gets hold of OOC NoR content and GOD wants to attack NoR. I think GOD and Fark would do well to remember that even if they hadn't subjugated SF to PB and C&G, SF's zenith is in the past, XX is wrapped up in PB, and PB has worked very, very hard to make sure that hiccups like this do not happen. Xiphosis especially should keep in mind that all his old buddies have shiny new friends with better and more useful blocs than SF.
[/quote]

Not to mention that in a very recent incident that very nearly became a global war, the number one selling point in getting folks on board was the GOD and Xiphosis would get beaten down. Dude needs to back off and keep his head down for awhile. There is an enormous target on it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308837384' post='2739332']
It's all sort of revealing of the sort of characters we're dealing with here. Kahn/Durim opens a thread revealing Xiphosis' OOC oddities and Xiphosis demands his expulsion and ZI from Athens. Fark gets hold of OOC NoR content and GOD wants to attack NoR. I think GOD and Fark would do well to remember that even if they hadn't subjugated SF to PB and C&G, SF's zenith is in the past, XX is wrapped up in PB, and PB has worked very, very hard to make sure that hiccups like this do not happen. Xiphosis especially should keep in mind that all his old buddies have shiny new friends with better and more useful blocs than SF.
[/quote]
I remember the times of having an invite to Citadel and Q at the same time and gov wondering "Which one do we accept"

Oh Fark, how youve fallen from grace..and not in a gentle way

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1308857013' post='2739529']
Wow, all I got out of this thread was a bunch of butthurt individuals who can't seem to take a bit of a joke. Well, several jokes I suppose. Yeesh... people take themselves and these sort of things way too seriously.

[i][OOC: Welcome to the Internet and online gaming folks. Enjoy your stay.][/i]
[/quote]
Some things aint that funny, SOM.

It's not often you get to see a bunch of people who enjoy emulating pre-WWII Nazi Germany (and the tacit naturally associated racism) have the stones to complain when another group of people make fun of their "hobby". The feigned indignation (both from Nordreich and the "I don't really care, but I hope I can stir up a war" peanut gallery egging them on) is borderline sad and offensive; even for Planet Bob.

"Boo hoo. Someone mocked my Nazi-themed alliance. How insensitive."

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308864258' post='2739614']
It's not often you get to see a bunch of people who enjoy emulating pre-WWII Nazi Germany (and the tacit naturally associated racism) have the stones to complain when another group of people make fun of their "hobby". The feigned indignation (both from Nordreich and the "I don't really care, but I hope I can stir up a war" peanut gallery egging them on) is borderline sad and offensive; even for Planet Bob.

[/quote]

Not only are you hurting yourself trying to sound relevant, but you're alliance is so little known that this is what people will think of when they think of it: ignorance.

I presume you're much better when you just listen, rather than try and speak.

[/quote]
you really have no clue whats going on in this thread do you?

[/quote]

You are making yourself and by extension your alliance look stupid.

As for the thread in general you should all feel bad.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1308865109' post='2739625']
Not only are you hurting yourself trying to sound relevant, but you're alliance is so little known that this is what people will think of when they think of it: ignorance.

I presume you're much better when you just listen, rather than try and speak.
[/quote]

Your alliance is the Grover Dill to Planet Bob's most inept Scut Farkus. Valhalla is an impotent TPF. Color me unimpressed.*

Also, I really do want my embassy in Farkistan. Get on that post-haste.

[size="1"]*Uh oh, I just put myself on your friends' schwarzfahrer list; better watch my back.[/size]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308859941' post='2739570']
[/quote]

You're missing the point: we had no such plans at all, this thread was a response to an overly paranoid bunch of people who fell prey to some misinformation. We don't particularly care for the theme of NOR (I find it especially distasteful as my family lost 2 dozen members in the Holocaust), but in all of the wars that Fark has waged, none of them have been for OOC reasons such as this and the onus is upon NOR to show that we intended to do anything other than frown upon the Nazi undertones of their alliance.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308866678' post='2739641']
Your alliance is the Grover Dill to Planet Bob's most inept Scut Farkus. Aloha[s]Valhalla[/s] is an impotent Fark [s]TPF[/s]. Color me unimpressed.*

[/quote]

Now that I've fixed your post, we can finally see you were just describing your alliance all along.

Confusion.

[quote name='TheXerox' timestamp='1308867230' post='2739643']
You're missing the point: we had no such plans at all, this thread was a response to an overly paranoid bunch of people who fell prey to some misinformation. We don't particularly care for the theme of NOR (I find it especially distasteful as my family lost 2 dozen members in the Holocaust), but in all of the wars that Fark has waged, none of them have been for OOC reasons such as this and the onus is upon NOR to show that we intended to do anything other than frown upon the Nazi undertones of their alliance.
[/quote]

So are you denying that you visited NoR's allies yesterday and tried to get them to cancel their treaties?

[quote name='TheXerox' timestamp='1308867230' post='2739643']
[/quote]
Be careful here Xerox as I have already had a conversation with one of your gov about this. Perhaps it would be best if you kept your senators or what ever they are on a leash and not have them making contact with NoRs allied .gov. Im not the only person who read his conversation as a threat. The simple well he didnt have the power to threaten war excuse doesn't work. He is an elected official that represents FARK. He didnt just threaten NoR he threatened those allied to NoR.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1308865582' post='2739630']
You are making yourself and by extension your alliance look stupid.

As for the thread in general you should all feel bad.
[/quote]
I go to penalty box for 2 minutes. I feel shame. :P

Edited by Buds The Man