The Overtime Accords

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1304402773' post='2704923']
[color="#0000FF"]I have read your statements, but I must wonder if you have. You had a reputation as a renowned moralist, and based on your reasons for justifying the reparations (it was unfair to dogpile GOONS!) it is quite obvious where your sympathies are. Keep on rocking those flip-flops though. They look great on you.[/color]
[/quote]

I lost my moralist tendencies in 2009. If you can link me to a post of mine where I used the word 'unjust' to describe the dogpile on GOONS I'll send you 3m and 50 tech.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out whats going on here. When did we take "massive damage?" I doled out way more damage than I took. We also don't give two flips about our pixels. Maybe thats why it doesn't seem to make an impression on us. Regardless gimme my reps. I have to rebuild so I can tech raid other people.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304402134' post='2704907']
If you have no opinion you have nothing to add. I hope you enjoy the tech that sitting in a comfy AA brings.
[/quote]
Check my infra level. The past few weeks haven't really been all the comfy :D

I've spent my time in non "comfy" alliances. Over a year in \m/, some months in Bel Air, over a year in RAD. I've spent my time in non "comfy" alliances.

As for me not having a opinion, that isn't quite true. I'm not commenting on what i think of GOONS "rep" policy, but I do no think that if you know about said policy, and decide to attack them, whether or not is part of some grand strategy, you also should have taken into account their policy of reparations. You have no logical base in complaining or whining or even speaking out against a policy that you fully knew about and was enforced on you if you did the one thing, literally the only thing, that could have caused it to be enacted.

Complaining about the morality of reparations, meh, I'm not going into that. But anyone attacking GOONS has no right, or has a logical argument, for speaking out against paying reps to GOONS here. They all knew the consequences when they came into the war.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1304402991' post='2704927']
I lost my moralist tendencies in 2009. If you can link me to a post of mine where I used the word 'unjust' to describe the dogpile on GOONS I'll send you 3m and 50 tech.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You don't need to say the word "unjust" outright. The essence of your feelings was quite evident. Oh, the irony of using moralism to defend reparations. A hipster's dream. You don't happen to be one do you?[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]*A bell tolls in the distance. As President Joseph (Muddog) Black strolls the halls of the executive building. [/color]

[color="#FF0000"]"So they finally ended it."[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]President Black jots down a small note and hands it to the aid that had been fallowing him.[/color]

[i][font="Comic Sans MS"]I'd like to take the time to wish both sides the very best, I'm sure that in time each of you will get what is coming to them. So between now and then, enjoy life to the fullest, live with no regret, and take no account of your actions. The past is written in the present, and the actions of the present will be written when they themselves become the past.

President Joseph Muddog Black, The Shadow of Organization XIII.[/font][/i]

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1304403134' post='2704934']
[color="#0000FF"]You don't need to say the word "unjust" outright. The essence of your feelings was quite evident. Oh, the irony of using moralism to defend reparations. A hipster's dream. You don't happen to be one do you?[/color]
[/quote]

Then perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying.

[/quote]

I just want to say RV that your time in GOONS was the best time ever in GOONS. Glad you stopped by. You should have stayed.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304403125' post='2704933']
Check my infra level. The past few weeks haven't really been all the comfy :D

I've spent my time in non "comfy" alliances. Over a year in \m/, some months in Bel Air, over a year in RAD. I've spent my time in non "comfy" alliances.

As for me not having a opinion, that isn't quite true. I'm not commenting on what i think of GOONS "rep" policy, but I do no think that if you know about said policy, and decide to attack them, whether or not is part of some grand strategy, you also should have taken into account their policy of reparations. You have no logical base in complaining or whining or even speaking out against a policy that you fully knew about and was enforced on you if you did the one thing, literally the only thing, that could have caused it to be enacted.

Complaining about the morality of reparations, meh, I'm not going into that. But anyone attacking GOONS has no right, or has a logical argument, for speaking out against paying reps to GOONS here. They all knew the consequences when they came into the war.
[/quote]
If you get out of bed tomorrow I am going to shoot your dog.*

* - this is a totally IC comment I swear to god if someone screams to the mods about some retarded !@#$%^&* I will....well, I won't really do anything, but I will know that you're an idiot.

[color="#0000FF"] A hipster's dream.[/color]
[/quote]
We're only charging reps [I]Ironically[/I].

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1304403473' post='2704939']
If you get out of bed tomorrow I am going to shoot your dog.*
[/quote]
That is not at all similar. "If you get out of bed tomorow I'm going to show your dog" isn't the same as "you attack us and you will pay us reps". First, the action you say, "getting out of bed", is nonviolent. The action GOONS says, "attack us", is violent.

GOONS does not say "if you breathe tomorow you will pay us reps", they say "you harm us by physically attacking us, you will pay us reps".

Similar concepts, but the reality is much more defense and focused on doing actions against GOONS, rather than your saying which is if they do something unrelated to GOONS GOONS would force them to pay reps.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1304403473' post='2704939']
* - this is a totally IC comment I swear to god if someone screams to the mods about some retarded !@#$%^&* I will....well, I won't really do anything, but I will know that you're an idiot.
[/quote]
No worries here from me. No need to bring stuff like that OOC I say.

[quote name='Tir Nan Og' timestamp='1304403309' post='2704938']
I just want to say RV that your time in GOONS was the best time ever in GOONS. Glad you stopped by. You should have stayed.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]While I did enjoy the temporary stay in GOONS, I could not have remained. NSO is where I belong. I do thank you though.

That being said, now that you bring it up, Kalasin cannot be a hipster. Hipsters do not actually know the meaning of irony. Kind of ironic that they use the expression so much but don't understand it, no? Wait, that isn't irony. I don't even know what irony is anymore. God, what have I become?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1304403907' post='2704947']
[color="#0000FF"]While I did enjoy the temporary stay in GOONS, I could not have remained. NSO is where I belong. I do thank you though.

That being said, now that you bring it up, Kalasin cannot be a hipster. Hipsters do not actually know the meaning of irony. Kind of ironic that they use the expression so much but don't understand it, no? Wait, that isn't irony. I don't even know what irony is anymore. God, what have I become?[/color]
[/quote]

I thought hipsters were a type of pants. :v: I'm assuming it's short for hippy!

OOC: I suspect I'm letting my un-Americanness come through here. :awesome:

Edited by Kalasin

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1304403975' post='2704949']
Sardonic, lets go get a drink, we can even let Ardus come along, but your paying for the drinks! I am sure TCK will meet us there.
[/quote]
Hah, sure. After all this I'd say we all deserve it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304402134' post='2704907']
If you have no opinion you have nothing to add. I hope you enjoy the tech that sitting in a comfy AA brings.
[/quote]

I did some calculations on the amount of income lost by NPO and its allies due to peace mode, but they involve logic and reason instead of my knee-jerk opinion. I guess I won't post them here.

Nice to see this finally resolved though! I only saw a tiny fraction of the negotiations and don't even want to think about how much time GOONS and MK put into these. I'm glad pure cash reps were agreed upon as well, since tech reparations really could have been crippling.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304404100' post='2704951']
Hah, sure. After all this I'd say we all deserve it.
[/quote]

We'll let the rest argue about this, seems us being done isn't equal to the rest of Bob being done.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304399228' post='2704789']
You do understand that there's a difference between "scared" and 2:1 tech advantage?
[/quote]

Tell that to Lord Nelson.

If it looks like scared, and it smells like scared...... :ph34r:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304400358' post='2704846']
I know it's the point. [i][b]My[/b][/i] point is it's pretty hard for me to feel insulted that you think I should've won WPE when I wasn't even mentioned.
[/quote]
I think you would've had them all beat if it took place on the CN forum, if that makes you feel any better. :P

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304403826' post='2704945']
That is not at all similar. "If you get out of bed tomorow I'm going to show your dog" isn't the same as "you attack us and you will pay us reps". First, the action you say, "getting out of bed", is nonviolent. The action GOONS says, "attack us", is violent.

GOONS does not say "if you breathe tomorow you will pay us reps", they say "you harm us by physically attacking us, you will pay us reps".

Similar concepts, but the reality is much more defense and focused on doing actions against GOONS, rather than your saying which is if they do something unrelated to GOONS GOONS would force them to pay reps.
[/quote]
That's all well and good, if someone is just aggressively attacking GOONS. But GOONS started the war, others came in on defense, and attacked GOONS because it made the most sense. Most of don't really care that GOONS has a policy in place, nor, for that matter, are most of us complaining about having to pay them. Most people just don't believe the reparations to be in any way justified in these circumstances, and just saying "but we told you ahead of time there would be reparations!" really doesn't change that, or have any relevance in most people's minds. The presence of an action does not justify that action, nor does the declared intent to carry out an action justify that action. Yes, it is subjective, but all that you are saying, if you are just being objective, is that reps were going to be given and we all knew that. But that's not being debated or discussed, because [i]we already knew that.[/i] Repeating it over and over again adds nothing to the conversation.

On a related note, the pedant in me dies a little bit every time these are referred to as "reparations."

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304400449' post='2704851']
I never complained alliances piled on us. On the contrary; that means we get more reps. By all means, everyone who wants to do so go ahead and pile on us. Just don't act surprised or appalled when you're signing rep terms on our peace agreement. It makes you look stupid by not being able to understand elementary cause and effect.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
If I tell you that I'm going to mug you if you dare walk out onto the street, that doesn't suddenly make it right when I mug you. I know, this is a difficult concept for you, the idea that announcing you're going to do something wrong does not suddenly change the fact that it is wrong. I know GOONS has this whole sense of entitlement, where you have a little bubble shield where nobody is allowed to attack you no matter what crimes you commit. But you're flat out wrong on multiple levels here.