The Overtime Accords

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1304398918' post='2704777']
The days where reps were only demanded in defensive wars are long gone. Like I said, I don't care enough anymore to give a damn about Cyber Nations morality. Doomhouse attacked NPO because they were bored and wanted a fun war and instead NPO hid in peacemode and NPO's allies attacked GOONS because they were too scared to take on anyone bigger. This pissed off Doomhouse (particularly GOONS) and these terms are the result.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Fear? People fought GOONS because they were scared? While that may be true for Legion, I assure you people don't get into a war with GOONS (and its allies) if they're scared. No, they sit out and ignore their treaties.

GOONS was the easiest alliance to damage, and it took a lot of damage and will be hurting from this war for quite a few months. MK will also be hurting too. It was clear from the beginning that the war couldn't be won, and any effort to hit MK or Umbrella would be pitiful due to their extreme tech advantage in the upper tiers. But bah, I digress.

I do not care if they are upset with how we fought the war, and I do not care if they are upset that GOONS took a lot of damage. They chose to fight this war. They're the ones who started it. When you do that, as far as I'm concerned you waive any right to complain about any damage you take.[/color]

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304400016' post='2704830']
It appears you are just recently having issues with this. Such behavior isn't new, and when others were doing it years ago you were not against it then, but are only against it when it is applied against people you like. Theres a word for people like that.
[/quote]

Firstly, if you can point out where I said it was new then please do so. Secondly, if you can point out where my alliance has demanded reparations in any war, defensive or aggressive then please do so.

There is a word for people like you too. Ignorant.

Edited by Tygaland

Thank christ this is over one way or another...not a war I am proud to have fought in truth be told.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1304395909' post='2704679']
It is atrocious to watch the hope that was given to this world by Karma be exploited, twisted, and finally annihilated.[/quote]
Indeed, and that sentiment is not reserved to only those of you on that side of the fence.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304399477' post='2704803']
I know it by its other name. "How dare you attack us after we attacked your ally, for this you must pay!"
[/quote]
I know we went over this plenty, but lots of alliances piled on us without even having any reason to (citing honor or whatever). Most also attacked us and only us. Obviously we weren't the biggest threat or the masterminds of the operation. So yeah, maybe the 12 alliances were all provoked to action and maybe they were justified in retaliating. But there were three other alliances besides us to pick from. If they really wanted to avoid paying reps they had every ability to. Instead they chose to attack GOONs and only GOONs. So they seriously shouldn't be surprised they're having to pay reps. What you're basically saying is: "Hey we have to attack these four alliances for the glory of NPO. If we attack GOONs they'll make us pay reps when we lose. Let's attack ONLY GOONs. WTF! They're making us pay reps! This is unreasonable guys."
[right][img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisR9.jpg[/img][/right]

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1304399649' post='2704811']
I know they robbed you of the crown but you'll always be WPE in my heart Beefspari. No need to continue showing off those skills.
[/quote]
Pretty sure I wasn't even nominated so whatever. This is pretty much the most baseless insult I've ever been issued.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1304400105' post='2704833']
[color="#0000ff"]Fear? People fought GOONS because they were scared? While that may be true for Legion, I assure you people don't get into a war with GOONS (and its allies) if they're scared. No, they sit out and ignore their treaties.

GOONS was the easiest alliance to damage, and it took a lot of damage and will be hurting from this war for quite a few months. MK will also be hurting too. It was clear from the beginning that the war couldn't be won, and any effort to hit MK or Umbrella would be pitiful due to their extreme tech advantage in the upper tiers. But bah, I digress.

I do not care if they are upset with how we fought the war, and I do not care if they are upset that GOONS took a lot of damage. They chose to fight this war. They're the ones who started it. When you do that, as far as I'm concerned you waive any right to complain about any damage you take.[/color]
[/quote]

Please don't indulge the chameleon.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304400158' post='2704837']
[b]Pretty sure I wasn't even nominated so whatever[/b]. This is pretty much the most baseless insult I've ever been issued.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L4.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Pretty sure that's the point.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1304399553' post='2704805']
[color="#0000FF"]GOONS launched an aggressive war on NPO. NPO's allies, seeing GOONS was the weakest (MK and Umbrella are both extremely tech heavy and would be difficult to take out) focused on GOONS because it could be taken out. Once GOONS could no longer take anymore damage the focus shifted to MK, the next weakest.

But enough of that. It was a strategy, and it made sense for what it was trying to accomplish. You're completely missing the point though. GOONS took part in an aggressive action, and it took a lot of damage for it. Are you saying it is wrong to use everything you have against the aggressor? Should we pity GOONS for getting roughed up because it chose to attack an alliance?

I'm not meaning to target GOONS. I quite like them, and I realize you're in GATO (lol). But if you're going to defend the reparations (I personally wouldn't since I truly do not believe alliances should have to pay reparations for coming to the aid of their ally) at least pick a better argument than "but GOONS got hurt aggressively attacking an alliance and deserves to rebuild." It was stupid when the NPO used it to justify their demands for reparations and it is still stupid now that you people are using it.[/color]
[/quote]
If GOONS had lost your side wouldn't be paying reps.

GOONS didn't lose. That side attacked GOONS fully knowing GOONS has a policy to extract reps in exchange for peace to everyone who attacks them, regardless if it is agressive or defensive.

GOONS won, therefore to get peace reparations were necessary. Its not that they caused GOONS damage, it was because they attacked GOONS. Now the cash amount of reps was influenced by other factors, however the reps can be quickly payed off if that side uses their foreign aid slots effectively.

By attacking GOONS, they knew they were going to have to pay reps to get peace. Complaining about reps is illogical since you knew thats what you had to do to get peace.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304400158' post='2704837']
I know we went over this plenty, but lots of alliances piled on us without even having any reason to (citing honor or whatever). Most also attacked us and only us. Obviously we weren't the biggest threat or the masterminds of the operation. So yeah, maybe the 12 alliances were all provoked to action and maybe they were justified in retaliating. But there were three other alliances besides us to pick from. If they really wanted to avoid paying reps they had every ability to. Instead they chose to attack GOONs and only GOONs. So they seriously shouldn't be surprised they're having to pay reps. What you're basically saying is: "Hey we have to attack these four alliances for the glory of NPO. If we attack GOONs they'll make us pay reps when we lose. Let's attack ONLY GOONs. WTF! They're making us pay reps! This is unreasonable guys."
[/quote]

I wasn't saying that at all. I was pointing out the hilarity of your explanation and justification for what you are doing. You declared an aggressive war and now complain that alliances piled onto you. Diddums.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1304400234' post='2704841']
Pretty sure that's the point.
[/quote]
I know it's the point. [i][b]My[/b][/i] point is it's pretty hard for me to feel insulted that you think I should've won WPE when I wasn't even mentioned.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304400190' post='2704838']
Please don't indulge the chameleon.
[/quote]

I've supported C&G and then Doomhouse for about two years. Although to be fair, at first I wasn't an enormous fan of GOONS, but then neither were most people.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304400328' post='2704845']
I wasn't saying that at all. I was pointing out the hilarity of your explanation and justification for what you are doing. You declared an aggressive war and now complain that alliances piled onto you. Diddums.
[/quote]
I never complained alliances piled on us. On the contrary; that means we get more reps. By all means, everyone who wants to do so go ahead and pile on us. Just don't act surprised or appalled when you're signing rep terms on our peace agreement. It makes you look stupid by not being able to understand elementary cause and effect.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304400313' post='2704843']

GOONS didn't lose. That side attacked GOONS fully knowing GOONS has a policy to extract reps in exchange for peace to everyone who attacks them, regardless if it is agressive or defensive.

GOONS won, therefore to get peace reparations were necessary. Its not that they caused GOONS damage, it was because they attacked GOONS. Now the cash amount of reps was influenced by other factors, however the reps can be quickly payed off if that side uses their foreign aid slots effectively.

By attacking GOONS, they knew they were going to have to pay reps to get peace. Complaining about reps is illogical since you knew thats what you had to do to get peace.
[/quote]
Wow am I a bad judge of character or is it just weird to watch your worldview change with your alliance affiliation?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304400358' post='2704846']
I know it's the point. [i][b]My[/b][/i] point is it's pretty hard for me to feel insulted that you think I should've won WPE when I wasn't even mentioned.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Everyone knew that you would be a clear winner, which would have ruined the fun :awesome:

Not really though, I think you're a fine poster.

o/ Beefspari

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1304400419' post='2704850']
I've supported C&G and then Doomhouse for about two years. Although to be fair, at first I wasn't an enormous fan of GOONS, but then neither were most people.
[/quote]
Oh I can't wait to hear what aspects of GOONS changed your mind, was it the Mercy Board or the banned member in gov?

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304400110' post='2704834']
Firstly, if you can point out where I said it was new then please do so. Secondly, if you can point out where my alliance has demanded reparations in any war, defensive or aggressive then please do so.
[/quote]
I never said you performed such behavior, I said you are just now having an issue with it now that its MK and GOONS doing it, but were silent when others in the past were doing it. Just now having an issue with behavior you had no objections over when your friends were doing it is hypocricy.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304400110' post='2704834']
There is a word for people like you too. Ignorant.
[/quote]
Swing and a miss. Try again, I was there when others did this behavior, and you said nothing against it then.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304399815' post='2704821']
That isn't anything new, I suggest brushing up on your history.
[/quote]

I miss your point, I always was against it and the fact that it happened in the past doesn't make your case any better, only worse, since your side where the ones who supposedly were against this type of behavior.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304400313' post='2704843']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]This is an idiotic sequence of logic. Before I go on though, let me tell you that no one is complaining. We'll do what we've agreed to do, and we'll do it in a timely matter. But will we be smiling, happy to hand out money to GOONS? No. Who would be happy to pay reparations. But we will do so, as we've agreed.

But what I will never do, however, is say that the reparations are justified. They aren't. While we knew we'd be paying reps to get peace, considering we knew this war was a lost one, it does not make GOONS demand justified. I know I won't be able to change your mind with words, but I'm not looking to do that. I'm just saying GOONS' policy is a very disagreeable one, and one that I would not be surprised to see bite it in the behind one of these days.[/color]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304400567' post='2704856']
Oh I can't wait to hear what aspects of GOONS changed your mind, was it the Mercy Board or the banned member in gov?
[/quote]
If I had to guess, it would be the laughability of our detractors such as yourself.