The Overtime Accords

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304395972' post='2704683']
Meh, I've grown so bored of this war, I can hardly be damned to start making a scene. That, and the Doomhut squad are still busy doing their whole "lol such terrible terms hurrdurr" act (while completely missing the fact that they are actually speaking truth for once in their lives).

To our enemies: You were a goddamn nightmare to negotiate with. Actually going to sorta give props to Sardy here though, for being, relatively speaking, one of the more level-headed people we had to deal with. Funny how things work out like that in the end. Though in fairness he had a paycheck to worry about.

Enjoy your Pyrrhic victory.
[/quote]
Hey Hot55 remember that time you said we wouldn't see a dime

yeah.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304396107' post='2704687']
You didn't get your Shakespeare, but you got your money, what's the problem? Oh right, your "war volunteers" will be fading away in the coming weeks. At least something good came of the war. <_<
[/quote]
We'll see.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304395163' post='2704656']
B. No, it wasn't a good fight. Your side whined through much of it about how the enemy hid in peace mode. Your side was so upset by this, they made 3 more weeks of war a "peace" condition.
[/quote]

You are a fantastic idiot. I can't believe anyone would continue to accuse us of whining even after that concept has been so thoroughly debunked. Do you even have it in you to be able to follow a coherent argument?

Let me try to spell it out for you:

1. Nations hide in peace mode.
2. We MOCK nations in peace mode. (Notice how pointing and laughing are an entirely different emotional response than whining and complaining.)
3. We defeat said nations because of their poor tactics.

Do you see the simple line of logic here? Your side made a stupid decision that got you killed. Why would we be whining about that?
"Way to shoot yourself, jerk! I'm so mad at you now for making our victory easier!"

But you know what? That's fine. You don't have to learn from your mistakes. Here's hoping for another war in three months where you use the exact same tactics. I can't say no to more reps.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Ameris' timestamp='1304396243' post='2704691']
Congrats, you won. Enjoy it while you can.

If Planet Bob's history has taught us anything is that you will be the one under the boot one day [b]again[/b]. You will pay for your crimes.
[/quote]
Fixed that for you.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304396384' post='2704698']
Hey Hot55 remember that time you said we wouldn't see a dime

yeah.
[/quote]
I said you'd never see a dime from 64Digits, and you won't.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Congratulations on peace my friends! The end to this destructive war is an excellent start to a beautiful future.

To our allies: You fought bravely and we are on standby ready to assist you in your rebuild efforts. May no nations leave this game via bill lock.
o/ NPO
o/ NADC
o/ Legion

To old allies and friends of friends: NPO is lucky to have you. Be proud. You fought for what you believed in.
o/ Regnum Invictorum
o/ Sanitarium
o/ Cult of Justitia
o/ Molon Labe
o/ The Sasori Initiative
o/ The Phoenix Federation
o/ 64Digits
o/ SNAFU
o/ Kerberos Nexus

To their opposition:
Good luck in the future and may this never happen again

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304396043' post='2704685']
What do you expect with Archon leaving the Kingdom in the hands of sycophants with history to make up for like its current leader?
[/quote]
You flatter me.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1304396201' post='2704690']
Someone also said that GOONS wouldn't force an appology out of someone, however they signed an agreement which forces one party to appologise to another.
[/quote]

Apologize, and apology, both only have one P. Now, normally, I would just assume it was a typo, but you screwed it up twice, so I am unfortunately forced to correct you.
Side note: Unless you live in Britain, it is more commonly accepted to use "apologize," in place of GB's "apologise."

/gnazi

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1304396201' post='2704690']
Someone also said that GOONS wouldn't force an appology out of someone, however they signed an agreement which forces one party to appologise to another.
[/quote]
Yes, GOONs forced CoJ to apologize to ODN. I admit defeat. Separate sections on a document don't exist. It was our idea and our execution. You win this round. Slow clap.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304396029' post='2704684']
Funny, it almost sounds like you're the one whining.[/quote]

That's an ironic statement coming from you... <_<

My concerns are for future precedent and lessons learned, not who actually won. Fact is that I've stated publicly that I would have been much more aggressive had I been in command of NPO's forces and those of its allies. They were not.

Now we have this treaty, which contains nothing I see that should be emulated in the future. If I am critical of the treaty, it is on that basis. It's kind of a shame, because there was an opportunity here to do something that could have been a model for future peace treaties ending major global conflicts.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1304396524' post='2704706']
You flatter me.
[/quote]
Session Start: Wed Mar 16 01:01:07 2011
Session Ident: Ardus[MK]
[01:42] <Ardus[MK]> Just the same. In the future, before you go to mock either myself or Viridia on the big boards, know that I stood in the same shoes, ordered to abandon Green, and made my decision. Whether you make the same decision is up to you.
[01:44] <Schattenmann> Aye, you know better than anyone the depravity of such demands. Now you are in the position to support them or not.

Today I stand before you as a man who stood his ground against odds greater than you folded before. No matter how many alliances you defeat as the leader of MK--the product of greater men's work than you--you can never turn back time. Enjoy your victory party in Archon's house.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1304396647' post='2704707']
blah blah
[/quote]

Y thx 4 ur cor3ctings of my spelings, this was trly invauablale advice m8, but u no i hav dyslexic rite? it means my spels not alwys up 2 gud stdnsers but i do the try but i not us spel chek jus 4 u, i prty sur u g0t wot i sed and ter4 n0 ned 2 corect me.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304396681' post='2704708']
Yes, GOONs forced CoJ to apologize to ODN. I admit defeat. Separate sections on a document don't exist. It was our idea and our execution. You win this round. Slow clap.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You signed the same document that it is written on so therefor, you must support it.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304396758' post='2704711']
Now we have this treaty, which contains nothing I see that should be emulated in the future. If I am critical of the treaty, it is on that basis. It's kind of a shame, because there was an opportunity here to do something that could have been a model for future peace treaties ending major global conflicts.
[/quote]

Everyone wants the pound of flesh I suppose.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304396502' post='2704703']
I said you'd never see a dime from 64Digits, and you won't.
[/quote]
We'll cope with it somehow. No big loss anyway; on the metric GOONs scale, your entire alliance is worth less than 1 Methrage.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L5.jpg[/img]

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1304396880' post='2704715']
You signed the same document that it is written on so therefor, you must support it.
[/quote]

You're not very good at this.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1304396972' post='2704719']
You may have me confused with someone who cares.
[/quote]

Apparently, yes. I confused you for someone who might have put the slightest effort into thinking before posting. I apologize.

No matter the cause, no matter the arguments, a massive war has been fought here and each side has bled. Beyond the discussions of what is moral, what is fair or what is an applicable tactic, to look at [i]any[/i] combatant and say they did not fight is an insult to the institution and act of war. In the wake of this greater conflict, though, we can now look forward to a limited skirmish, with some gnashing of teeth, followed by a peace that all parties have truly earned.

Wars are fought and won and the years turn, but the citizens of Planet Bob are always met with the perennial challenge to forge ahead. The New Pacific Order accepts this challange and encourages others to do the same, for through this we can move forward as a community. Our history, this shared history of Planet Bob is for all of us to make, and we simply need to step forward and make it.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1304396880' post='2704715']
[/quote]
I suppose when grasping at straws, it helps to have as many straws as possible.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L3.jpg[/img]

(Also I didn't sign the document)

Edited by Beefspari

So you attacked NPO pre-emptively (thus drawing in their allies) in order to defeat them before they could attack you, then after defeating them, you take reparations. Reparations for what? Did you hurt yourself in your aggressive actions? Best of luck to all involved, and I know I had a good time fighting on the other front of the war.

Meh "O brave new world, That has such people in it!"