Calling all nominations for...

Ryuzaki

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1302056074' post='2685185']
Simple, the rules says that I cannot ask for votes there, not that I can't post.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Ralph's !@#$posting at least is a form of self-advocacy.

Regardless, point conceded. Dancing along the lines of the rules isn't the same as breaking them.

Edited by Aurion

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1302055421' post='2685173']
I'm honestly a bit surprised D34th and [b]LittleRalph[/b] haven't gotten banned for posting in their voting threads every round.
[/quote]

Good to see this catching on.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1302056704' post='2685195']
I'm pretty sure Ralph's !@#$posting at least is a form of self-advocacy.

Regardless, point conceded. Dancing along the lines of the rules isn't the same as breaking them.
[/quote]

Some may disagree with your last statement.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1302059255' post='2685226']
Some may disagree with your last statement.
[/quote]

I didn't say it was a good idea and/or the "right thing to do". Just that it's not quite the same as crossing that line.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1302055421' post='2685173']
I'm honestly a bit surprised D34th and LittleRalph haven't gotten banned for posting in their voting threads every round.
[/quote]
They would have if I could mask them.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1301980557' post='2684495']
One perks of this tournament is that many of the nominees are literally shredding any remaining ounces of credibility they may have held on the OWF in their self-promotion.

[/quote]
Here’s the funny thing about credibility on Bob. People in game lie, cheat, steal, bully and stab their friends in the back and that’s considered fine. But the same people think crap posting somehow destroys a player’s credibility.

No thanks i'll take my solid in game credibility and bad rep crap posting against being a traitor, back stabbing weasel, bully, cheat or coward and serious poster any day of the week. After this is done we must have another vote but this time have it on peoples actions in game, the only thing that really matters. Keep it serious on the OWF where the low lifes try to pass them selves off as honest and credible people...PATHETIC :lol1:

All I want is to get under your skin and the skin of people I dont like. My strong showing in this makes me very happy.

-winning

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1302080054' post='2685386']
Here’s the funny thing about credibility on Bob. People in game lie, cheat, steal, bully and stab their friends in the back and that’s considered fine. But the same people think crap posting somehow destroys a player’s credibility.

No thanks i'll take my solid in game credibility and bad rep crap posting against being a traitor, back stabbing weasel, bully, cheat or coward and serious poster any day of the week. After this is done we must have another vote but this time have it on peoples actions in game, the only thing that really matters. Keep it serious on the OWF where the low lifes try to pass them selves off as honest and credible people...PATHETIC :lol1:

All I want is to get under your skin and the skin of people I dont like. My strong showing in this makes me very happy.

-winning
[/quote]
All you do is post. You're not 'known' on IRC, you're not in government. If your posting is more-or-less universally considered to be poor, then what credibility do you actually have?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1302053058' post='2685137']
The fact that people used to like Schattenmann posts when he was writing "TWiP" just shows that in his case people nowadays dislike him just because he opposes the current hegemony, I always considered Schat to be one of the best posters around here.

Also, vote for me!
[/quote]

Or you could argue that Schattenmann only dislikes us because we are the 'hegemony', he does like to be the underdog afterall.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

-winning
[/quote]

For the amount you (and others) spend here and the effort you put into your awfulness, I'm skeptical.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1302127964' post='2685725']
Yes, I expect someone will. At this stage the winners will be Alterego, Haflinger, HoT, Maelstrom Vortex.[/quote]

Quality posters. Obvious MK bias. I am ashamed to have voted in this sham!

[/quote]
I actually agree with you on this, honesty and loyalty are more important to me than being considered a "good" poster on these forums, especially considering how many people will think you're a bad poster just for disagreeing with you. (not defending you btw, intentionally getting under people's skin is different than attempting to keep the conversation mature, though maturity is a resource lacking from the majority of the cyberverse.)

So when this is over and people abandon you on your forum again MK what desperate thing will you think of to try and get people to come back? They feel lonliness so much. Heres my entry for worst poster ever.

[img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9317/posterka.jpg[/img]

-winning

Here's the funny thing about credibility on Bob. People in game lie, cheat, steal, bully and stab their friends in the back and that's considered fine. But the same people think crap posting somehow destroys a player's credibility.

[/quote]
If those things really are largely considered fine, it might be because that's part of playing a political game. As for the reason for posts having such a major role in how people see each other, pretty much the only interaction people have in this game is posting on these or some alliances' boards and talking on irc. Because of that I'd say that how people in this game see you is how they see your posts. They have never met you anywhere else and therefore know nothing about you, except what they can gather from your posts. You post like a reasonable, friendly person and people will see you as one regardless of sides, but when you go and post like a paranoid fool who can't finish one coherent sentence, they will see you as one. Therefore it wouldn't come as much of a surprise to me if a ruthless, backstabbing alliance ruler who posts well is seen as a better, more credible person than one who's always loyal and never does anything bad but posts like a blithering idiot.

You really have to understand that in this game and on the internet generally your posts are the most visible representation of you, your personality and your thoughts. Your posts are what build your image in other players' minds, so if you want to be seen as an annoying little $%&@ by posting like one and admitting it's the only thing that matters, go ahead and do so, but don't start complaining how other people are mean, childish bullies when you're told what a horrid person you are.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1302273149' post='2686792']
If those things really are largely considered fine, it might be because that's part of playing a political game. As for the reason for posts having such a major role in how people see each other, pretty much the only interaction people have in this game is posting on these or some alliances' boards and talking on irc. Because of that I'd say that how people in this game see you is how they see your posts. They have never met you anywhere else and therefore know nothing about you, except what they can gather from your posts. You post like a reasonable, friendly person and people will see you as one regardless of sides, but when you go and post like a paranoid fool who can't finish one coherent sentence, they will see you as one. Therefore it wouldn't come as much of a surprise to me if a ruthless, backstabbing alliance ruler who posts well is seen as a better, more credible person than one who's always loyal and never does anything bad but posts like a blithering idiot.

You really have to understand that in this game and on the internet generally your posts are the most visible representation of you, your personality and your thoughts. Your posts are what build your image in other players' minds, so if you want to be seen as an annoying little $%&@ by posting like one and admitting it's the only thing that matters, go ahead and do so, but don't start complaining how other people are mean, childish bullies when you're told what a horrid person you are.
[/quote]

There is a new segment on the daily show called polish that turd, have you seen it yet?