Calling all nominations for...

Ryuzaki

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302679062' post='2689942']I got banned on their forum a long time back for saying things they didn't like, but I just moved on and stopped going there if they didn't like me posting on the forum. Never checked back to see if it was removed later, but if they're going to limit your account when you say things unpopular with a lot of their members, then its better to just post on different forums and contact them on IRC or PM if you need to speak with them diplomatically. If you're a guest in a place where all are free to be rude and poke fun at you, but when you poke fun back at them they respond with silencing your account, then I see no loss in them not letting me post there.[/quote]
This of yours is a quality post, Methrage. I noticed that you're posting some really good stuff as of lately, and again I question the presence of people like you in this (stupidly named) "Worst Poster Ever" competition.

To be honest I don't necessarily agree with everything (or anything) you said, Methrage, but I certainly find it respectable [i]and[/i] well said.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1302690043' post='2689980']
This of yours is a quality post, Methrage. I noticed that you're posting some really good stuff as of lately, and again I question the presence of people like you in this (stupidly named) "Worst Poster Ever" competition.

To be honest I don't necessarily agree with everything (or anything) you said, Methrage, but I certainly find it respectable [i]and[/i] well said.
[/quote]
To understand why you need to realize what motivates people to vote and from an individual's perspective what the worst poster to them would be, which is someone who is well known and makes posts critical of them, while simultaneously turning public opinion against them with those posts. I'm obviously well known to most of them, so they see a recognizable name who makes posts they don't like they can vote for. Those who wanted me included are those who want to try damaging the credibility of my posts by trying to get other involved in a contest where they can choose the person who's posts are bad for them, but then try passing it off as them voting on bad posting in general. Even someone who makes horrible posts, if no one cares about them they won't get votes, so its more of a contest to see who has made the enemies within their cliche by posting things they don't like. That they banned me previously from their forum is a good indication they don't like what I have to say and would rather I stop posting if they were able to make it happen. I would be surprised if I didn't come close to winning, due to my history with MK, although considering what the results represent, I would take it as a compliment that they feel so threatened by my posts to consider me the worst ever.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302698624' post='2690017']
To understand why you need to realize what motivates people to vote and from an individual's perspective what the worst poster to them would be, which is someone who is well known and makes posts critical of them, while simultaneously turning public opinion against them with those posts. I'm obviously well known to most of them, so they see a recognizable name who makes posts they don't like they can vote for. Those who wanted me included are those who want to try damaging the credibility of my posts by trying to get other involved in a contest where they can choose the person who's posts are bad for them, but then try passing it off as them voting on bad posting in general. Even someone who makes horrible posts, if no one cares about them they won't get votes, so its more of a contest to see who has made the enemies within their cliche by posting things they don't like. That they banned me previously from their forum is a good indication they don't like what I have to say and would rather I stop posting if they were able to make it happen. I would be surprised if I didn't come close to winning, due to my history with MK, although considering what the results represent, I would take it as a compliment that they feel so threatened by my posts to consider me the worst ever.
[/quote]
As a note, I wasn't banned for making fun of them, I was banned for making this exact point.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1302841921' post='2690969']
As a note, I wasn't banned for making fun of them, I was banned for making this exact point.
[/quote]
And that point holds little water unless you're being critical of and somehow politically threatening to [i]every sector [/i]of the web, since that's where your nominations and votes are coming from. Everywhere.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1302843236' post='2690983']
And that point holds little water unless you're being critical of and somehow politically threatening to [i]every sector [/i]of the web, since that's where your nominations and votes are coming from. Everywhere.
[/quote]
You're just jealous that I'm so successful, that's why you gotta hate.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1302843236' post='2690983']
[/quote]
You're overestimating the popularity of MK's forums and how many sectors of the web would have any interest in such a contest for you to believe what you're saying. Even if he would of won had the contest taken place elsewhere, doesn't change that this contest mostly reflects the views of a specific sector, with others participating representing a small minority of those voting in the contest.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302698624' post='2690017']
[/quote]
Out of the remaining posters I think only PenkLOLa isn’t critical of MK and their friends on a regular basis. Are you saying this is not about the quality of posters but some kind of group therapy putting themselves in a room free from the criticism of the outside world so they can regain their manhood in some form of group kumbaya session by expressing their hurt feelings in the form of a poll of the people who hurt them the most?

Makes sense :lol1:

[img]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182739_189491251073312_180543061968131_526163_1934100_a.jpg[/img]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1302945969' post='2691479']
Out of the remaining posters I think only PenkLOLa isn’t critical of MK and their friends on a regular basis. Are you saying this is not about the quality of posters but some kind of group therapy putting themselves in a room free from the criticism of the outside world so they can regain their manhood in some form of group kumbaya session by expressing their hurt feelings in the form of a poll of the people who hurt them the most?

Makes sense :lol1:

[img]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182739_189491251073312_180543061968131_526163_1934100_a.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
lol, nice picture. Sums it up pretty well. Considering most of the better posters who use the forum are critical of MK, they need something like this to distract themselves from why they are unpopular these days and so they continue to believe those who say things critical of them are only doing so since they are horrible posters or don't matter because their posting is bad. If they tried holding the contest on this forum, they would risk the contests only confirming that many within MK are horrible posters in the eyes of many, so by holding it on their forum where they can control which opinions or voices are heard, they ensure it doesn't backfire on them and end up with the majority calling those within MK the worst posters.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302947149' post='2691480']
lol, nice picture. Sums it up pretty well. Considering most of the better posters who use the forum are critical of MK, they need something like this to distract themselves from why they are unpopular these days and so they continue to believe those who say things critical of them are only doing so since they are horrible posters or don't matter because their posting is bad. If they tried holding the contest on this forum, they would risk the contests only confirming that many within MK are horrible posters in the eyes of many, so by holding it on their forum where they can control which opinions or voices are heard, they ensure it doesn't backfire on them and end up with the majority calling those within MK the worst posters.
[/quote]
I guess that explains the low turnout of 100 votes per round in an alliance of 167 members, in a bloc(DH) of 652 members, on a planet of 20,000 inhabitants.

If you think us holding the tournament on our public boards distorts the results so much, why don't you go ahead and organize one over here or another boards. Nobody's stopping you.

Alterego, what are those numbers supposed to prove, exactly? How I see it, with only a hundred-something votes per round, foreigners like you have that much better chances at making an impact in the tournament. With just a few friends from your side you could've easily nominated people from our side if you felt our posters weren't represented in as big numbers as you wish. Instead you, among other critics, chose to boycott it and complain how it's biased against you (not necessarily in that order) which is pretty daft in a competition where one vote counts for nearly 1% of all votes.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1302952237' post='2691489']
If you think us holding the tournament on our public boards distorts the results so much, why don't you go ahead and organize one over here or another boards. Nobody's stopping you.
[/quote]
Hey, if you guys and your like minded friends want to want to hold a private gossip/love in group hug session free from dissent, knock yourselves out. What’s good for you isn’t good for everyone. I can survive without group hugs and dissent free conversations. Just do us a favour, dont withdraw into yourselves too much. I like watching you lot crash and burn out here these days.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1302952237' post='2691489']
Alterego, what are those numbers supposed to prove, exactly? How I see it, with only a hundred-something votes per round, foreigners like you have that much better chances at making an impact in the tournament. With just a few friends from your side you could've easily nominated people from our side if you felt our posters weren't represented in as big numbers as you wish. Instead you, among other critics, chose to boycott it and complain how it's biased against you (not necessarily in that order) which is pretty daft in a competition where one vote counts for nearly 1% of all votes.
[/quote]

Ive seen what can happen to people who sign up to your forum. Getting dogs abuse would a best case scenario for me <_<

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1302962016' post='2691513']
Hey, if you guys and your like minded friends want to want to hold a private gossip/love in group hug session free from dissent, knock yourselves out. What’s good for you isn’t good for everyone. I can survive without group hugs and dissent free conversations. Just do us a favour, dont withdraw into yourselves too much. I like watching you lot crash and burn out here these days.
[/quote]
Ok first of all, it's not just us and our like minded friends, it's everyone who can muster the :effort: to sign up or log in on our boards. Secondly, it's not private. Thirdly, everyone can voice their opinions in the tournament. Sure our members have a greater presence than other alliances, but regardless of whose members have the greatest presence, the final outcome would be largely same. You really should let this go even though it's against your way of posting.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1302962016' post='2691513']
Ive seen what can happen to people who sign up to your forum. Getting dogs abuse would a best case scenario for me <_<
[/quote]
Give me a name. Who's this mystery person whose account information we've abused? Or is this another incident of you sticking to your claims even after you've learnt they're !@#$%^&*?

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1302970264' post='2691549']
Ok first of all, it's not just us and our like minded friends, it's everyone who can muster the :effort: to sign up or log in on our boards. Secondly, it's not private. Thirdly, everyone can voice their opinions in the tournament. Sure our members have a greater presence than other alliances, but regardless of whose members have the greatest presence, the final outcome would be largely same. You really should let this go even though it's against your way of posting.[/quote]

Well anyone who can muster the effort then tow the line enough not to get banned

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1302574531' post='2689006']
HoT you were banned because of the constant bickering about how it's unfair due to it being on our forums
[/quote]

[quote]Give me a name. Who's this mystery person whose account information we've abused? Or is this another incident of you sticking to your claims even after you've learnt they're !@#$%^&*?
[/quote]
The "account information" wasnt abused the person was with information "gathered" from other sites.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1302971181' post='2691551']
Hmm... Alterego is whining like a !@#$%*, yet HoT55 is part of the contest. Anyone else think an upset may be incoming during the last round?
[/quote]
Im part of the contest

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1303005246' post='2691762']
The "account information" wasnt abused the person was with information "gathered" from other sites.
[/quote]
I think you're just making a bid for WPE here, because I (the "victim") think that the reasons for my ban were justified (even if I still view the ban as harsh).

Im part of the contest
[/quote]
Ah, i understand.
I know you feel that you're the last obstacle frustrating the rise of the Doomhouse evil empire, but it's highly unlikely that they're deliberately messing up your bracket. We may be insideous, but that'd just be downright mean.

Well anyone who can muster the effort then tow the line enough not to get banned
[/quote]
Yes, you'll get banned if you start arguing about bias and whatnot in polls that are about the two guys in the vote.

[/quote]
So stop spreading lies about us abusing account information.

Darn, I lost. I was having a legitimately enjoyable time watching this contest.

Thanks guys! :)

Edit: This....isn't sarcasm, btw [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

Edited by Teddyyo

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1303054546' post='2691966']

Edit: This....isn't sarcasm, btw [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Teddyyo sailing to defeat

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1303084465' post='2692127']
Looks like your hopes and dreams were sunk. But don't get too blown off course. With perseverance and hard work you could climb back up the rungs and sail to calmer seas and a more plentiful catch.
[/quote]

....No, I'm still on an unofficial LoA from CN. And probably will be for an long, undetermined amount of time.

You're gonna have to [s]miss me[/s] enjoy your time without me for a while more :(

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1303054546' post='2691966']

[/quote]

Don't worry, in my heart your still one of the worst posters to ever grace our fair planet Bob.

Edited by Keve69