A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1300455454' post='2669058']It actually seems pretty fair.[/quote]
Like this war of no CB, provocation or reason, right?

Yes it seems fair after such an offer-- let us destroy the rest of NS you have left so your destruction will be complete.
That is all, very fair.
[quote]Fight the war, walk away,[/quote]
There is no walking away. "Giving them no chance-- ever". Remember?

Be it formal war, or peace, this isnt stopping. DH DoW is clear, we got the message.
[quote] wipe the dust off and start building for the next time.[/quote]
You mean, until you hit a size too large for comfort to some and then you will get hit out of the blue, without CB as understood, no provocation, no reason, with a DoW that basically says-- we will not allow you a chance, ever.

At least I can not get disappointed in you, AirMe, as some get as I have no expectation from you.

Edited by Branimir

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1300455708' post='2669063']
Point I was making is many of your friends and there friends have arguably as illustrious a track record as some of the alliances you named. At one point, we all sang along hand in hand. Anyway, it is what it is, going full circle is humbling enough.
[/quote]

It was not my intent to portray Duckroll as evil or deserving of punishment (I feel you have for the most part paid for your crimes), but I don't see how NPO has committed any wrongs since Karma that Duckroll hasn't, and before that your track records are identical. Refer back to the original post I was responding to by SpiderJ.

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1300459671' post='2669087']
This is the greatest thread ever! Not only are we kicking bum in the proper war but we are definitely putting the smackdown in this clever war of words. Kersock!
[/quote]

Edited in, You're right, You are winning on every aspect. I hail to our dominant Legion masters. :P

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Dan2680' timestamp='1300431808' post='2668871']
Also, how is it your place to decide whether an alliance deserves to be punished?
[/quote]
Uh, because we won the war. You may as well ask how it's our place to decide whether an alliance deserves to pay reps.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1300431988' post='2668876']
There is one chief in that crowd though. Mushroom Kingdom. Not a single one of you would have attacked without their stamp of approval.

Not UMB, not FAN, not NoR, certainly not GOONs.
[/quote]
What? Seriously? Do you really believe that?

I personally have been pushing for an NPO war for a long time. You know that whole "they haven't changed" thing that they keep suggesting wasn't true? They never made any attempts to build bridges and apologize for their actions (until they started losing a war). They had plenty of ability to open communications and be nice to people. But all GOONs ever saw out of them was refusing to sanction rogues attacking us or trying to dictate who we're allowed to raid (with threats). Petty things, I know, but it goes a long way in showing who they really are. More than once they've skirted obligations and avoided engaging in war (up to three times that I can count by the time we declared war) just to save their own hides, waiting for the perfect time to strike so they can once again be the rulers of this planet. And that's just GOONs. I don't speak for the other alliances or know all of their motives. But GOONs certainly had their own reasons for engaging in war.

Besides which, treaty "obligations" and general dislike of an alliance are completely legitimate reasons in and of themselves. Just look at all the oAs that hit GOONs. Or all the people and alliances who've hit us in the past whose only reasons were not liking us, who people cheered for.

And you're insane if you think FAN has no reason to hate NPO.

EDIT: GOONs

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1300453918' post='2669041']
Doitzel, IIRC, neither Archon nor MK had anything to with the terms given to NPO other than that Voice of Karma sig.
[/quote]

You remember incorrectly, then.

Though on a more relevant note I found this while checking my sources. :awesome:

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/2ezpylh.png[/img]

Ah, memories.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300459950' post='2669089']
[Has seen the future... and it is legion shaped.... round aren't we!]
[/quote]

Yes. Any minute now the peace mode strategy will become apparent. And you shall be laughing on the other side of your cunning retort... Kerblam!

I am rubbing my hands in evil excitement. [b]Strength through unity, and peace mode![/b]

Edited by Lord of the Dance

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1300461109' post='2669094']
Yes. Any minute now the peace mode strategy will become apparent. And you shall be laughing on the other side of your cunning retort... Kerblam!

I am rubbing my hands in evil excitement. [b]Strength through unity, and peace mode![/b]
[/quote]

Please accept my apology master. I shall not engage another Legion nation again in fear of retaliation.

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1300459671' post='2669087']
This is the greatest thread ever! Not only are we kicking bum in the proper war but we are definitely putting the smackdown in this clever war of words. Kersock!
[/quote]
I'm laughing at the idea of Legion kicking butt in any aspect of this war. Is more than 3% of your ns out of peace mode yet?

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1300461744' post='2669099']
What about how the RIA fought on both sides of the war and won both fronts? :smug:
[/quote]

I know that RIA asserts they they did what they did because they are just that honorable (or something like that), but I'm not entire sure that beating up on friends of friends to ensure your honor is necessarily all that honorable...another way to look at it is that you fought for no particular cause except for yourselves.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1300455051' post='2669054']
awesome- so when Sir Paul uses his tabloid to diss MK, MK can't !@#$%* since that is not sanctioned by NPO Gov which means it is not NPO Gov or the alliance saying it. i mean if Archon, as leader of MK, gets this kind of pass- then surely so does everyone else. i mean for that matter, Myworld could come up with some fancy title and say it has nothing to do with DT, then run over to MK and insult you using this new fancy title, and ya'll would not do !@#$ to DT? i doubt it. i highly doubt it.
[/quote]
Yep, exactly the same thing!
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa38/Jack_Rivers/john-krasinski_532_top.jpg[/img]

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1300429106' post='2668827']
Exactly what did your side expect by announcing this tripe?

Worse is this isn't the first time in recent memory and similar attempts have garnered the same result.

Perhaps next time your leaders get the urge to announce stuff like this you might want to point out the likely result.

Your leaders just want to fight so bad? Simple, let them tear down their nations to the size of those already fighting.

No, don't like that? Then it is not the fight they want. It must be the subjugation of our alliances they want instead.

So what kind of stupid logic other than your own makes us think it is a good idea to do what your leaders want?

I said in week one to buckle up for a long boring haul. The responses came from two areas. It wouldn't take that long or your side was willing to wait us out as long as it takes.

Less than two months into this both positions have proved to be utter fail. It has lasted this long and you guys are impatient.

So let me try to get it through your heads this time. We may roll tomorrow or we may roll in July. Halloween sounds nice too. Our timing. Our choice. Maybe this time you will accept this as a possibility now that your initial beliefs have proved faulty.

Maybe now you will also accept what happens when you announce garbage like this. You'll be reading circular arguments 50 pages later.
[/quote]

Calm down, man. You're part of the reason this thread has become an unreadable !@#$mess.

ITT: Doomhouse reveals that they have fully taken over the role of international oppressors from pre-Karma NPO.

This will be a very boring couple of years, sitting here in peace mode. Though what will we call this one? Ave-nam has a decent sound to it, but I fear it's not as catchy as VietFAN. Other suggestions, anyone?

[quote name='Kerlan' timestamp='1300465440' post='2669133']
ITT: Doomhouse reveals that they have fully taken over the role of international oppressors from pre-Karma NPO.

This will be a very boring couple of years, sitting here in peace mode. Though what will we call this one? Ave-nam has a decent sound to it, but I fear it's not as catchy as VietFAN. Other suggestions, anyone?
[/quote]

Bill lock/NAM?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300460083' post='2669090']
Uh, because we won the war. You may as well ask how it's our place to decide whether an alliance deserves to pay reps.

What? Seriously? Do you really believe that?

I personally have been pushing for an NPO war for a long time. You know that whole "they haven't changed" thing that they keep suggesting wasn't true? They never made any attempts to build bridges and apologize for their actions (until they started losing a war). They had plenty of ability to open communications and be nice to people. But all GOONs ever saw out of them was refusing to sanction rogues attacking us or trying to dictate who we're allowed to raid (with threats). Petty things, I know, but it goes a long way in showing who they really are. More than once they've skirted obligations and avoided engaging in war (up to three times that I can count by the time we declared war) just to save their own hides, waiting for the perfect time to strike so they can once again be the rulers of this planet. And that's just GOONs. I don't speak for the other alliances or know all of their motives. But GOONs certainly had their own reasons for engaging in war.

Besides which, treaty "obligations" and general dislike of an alliance are completely legitimate reasons in and of themselves. Just look at all the oAs that hit GOONs. Or all the people and alliances who've hit us in the past whose only reasons were not liking us, who people cheered for.

And you're insane if you think FAN has no reason to hate NPO.

EDIT: GOONs
[/quote]

your the Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism, not the Goon Order Of Neutral Shoving. You have claimed mutliple times that you are NOT the old GOONS, therefore you deserve ZILCH in terms of NPO trying to repair relations. It was also Polar that killed the old GOONS, not Pacifica, so get your facts straight before moaning about not having relations with Pacifica

Edited by Guffey

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1300455630' post='2669061']
No, not really. Because we can basically give our low tier nations unlimited aid, while the nations in the NPO low tier will run out of cash and be unable to fight. At the same time, our high tier nations are doing their usual thing, collecting and growing, increasing the gap to the NPO nations even more, because they don't have to face the peace mode penalties. If they stay in PM for too long, they will wither and die, without even firing a single CM
[/quote]

Except that you can not pour unlimited aid, you only have so many slots every ten days. And even if you send out aid in every slot every ten days, how will your nations grow becuase they can't buy any tech becuase all your slots are full with aid.
And how will you keep your members at the bottom intrested in a perma war, you will have the exact same problem as our side.
There is a reason !@#$% House has come foward trying to "Guilt" us in to agreeing to paying reps and having our top teir leave peace mode.

We will not fight this war your way, we will fight it our way. And if that upsets you.... GOOD!

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1300446375' post='2668971']
to be fair they did name this tea party DOOMHOUSE.

but if you want inspiration along the lines of paragon's of virtue, Pandora's Box did just Peace Out most if not all of their opponents. And as Ardus said, the same treatment would be given to NPO if they'd fight us (significantly). Otherwise...I suspect the war will continue until all of the Hopeless Coalition's lower ranks are destroyed (OCC: delete), as that is the inevitable conclusion of small nations fighting other small nations that are incredibly well financed.

This thread would have been better served if the original post had been the only one from the side of DOOMHOUSE, I think. Just...let the detractors spout their tired one-liners and when there's no response...it doesn't make it past one or two pages.
[/quote]
Things must have changed since the last war. How do Doomhouse have the right to ask NPO to get out of peace mode if they were the aggressor? Surely if the destruction caused was not satisfactory, it is purely Doomhouse's incompetence which caused this, and in no way should NPO have to pay for that.

to be honest been quickly reading through and my opinion is that 1) the war is illegitimate and 2) your attempt to destroy pacifica has dwindled into nothing

i say white peace

geeze i should be secrectary general of UA (united aliances like rl united nations)

also i pass a resoloution for a NO FLY ZONE ceasefire immediatly ;D

This just in: Anything anyone says for the rest of time is now considered crying. Now that it's the official baseline, I suggest the new go-to verb for casting someone's opinion in a negative light be "queen waving", using the disconnect between a modern monarchy existing in otherwise democratic societies to symbolize the distance between what goes on on the OWF and actual political discourse.

Example usage:
We got plenty of people [i]wavin' like the queen[/i] all up in this thread.