A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1300452583' post='2669021']
we are fighting very much so, just not their upper tiers. They complaining that were not fighting to let them win, but rather fighting to inflict the most damage on them
[/quote]
well you should totally fight the way [u][b]THEY[/b][/u] want you to, its just mean if you dont.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1300449840' post='2669001']
Duckroll does not have the same track record as Pacifica, so, to the best of my knowledge, no.
[/quote]

Yeah, because we did everything that you consider "bad" on our own. Lets play a game, it is called spot a friend in this link.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Continuum

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300450032' post='2669003']
NPO wasnt attacked for its track record. It was attacked because it [u]might [/u]become a threat in the future and MK members were bored. Any alliance/bloc not in DH could meet the same fate when MK gets bored and/or paranoid again. Anyway what you said doesnt explain the month long beatdown they are required to take for being attacked.
[/quote]

They do have a chance to fight back during the "beatdown".

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1300452583' post='2669021']
we are fighting very much so, just not their upper tiers. They complaining that were not fighting to let them win, but rather fighting to inflict the most damage on them
[/quote]

This is your way of inflicting the most damage?

Then you are doing it wrong...

The long term damage on us is minimal, but the economic consequences for many of your large nations with small war chests can be very damaging indeed. So, go ahead, do your "worst"

[quote name='Conrad' timestamp='1300446827' post='2668972']
It doesn't matter how much money you guys spend, as long as your lower nations have no clue on how to use it :)
[/quote]
Jeez man, that is no way to talk about your alliance. You NPO guys should support each other more.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1300449840' post='2669001']
Duckroll does not have the same track record as Pacifica, so, to the best of my knowledge, no.
[/quote]

They don't? :huh:

Here I was thinking that IRON, Valhalla and TORN were in Duckroll. Silly me.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300427386' post='2668802']
Excuse me, NSO's number is 100m + 30 days annexation of RV, else 300m.

Also all of those numbers are negotiable, obviously, and I don't appreciate you leaking anything you can get your grubby mitts on in an attempt to gain sympathy.
[/quote]

so you are forcing someone from an alliance? heh...

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300428620' post='2668821']
We attacked NPO, Legion attacked us. It is our policy to get reparations from all parties that attack us, reparations based on ability to pay, not damage done.
[/quote]

can't wait for GOONS to have reps demanded from them for defending an ally from an aggressive attack. seriously, ya'll some pathetic wannabes. just start calling DH, NPO-lite. would be much more honest than the crap you are putting forth now.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300429499' post='2668837']
no, we're using the fact that 75% of your NS is in PM vs our current 18% (most of which has been in war recently). Most of your NS in PM has stayed there throughout the war.
[/quote]

cry some more. seriously, people are drowning all over CN from the amount of DH tears over NPO/Legion not allowing their upper tiers to be demolished for no reason other than to let DH have some fun. waaaaahhhh. how about ya'll grow up.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300430298' post='2668848']
If someone decides to attack you, asking for reps is extortion? What?
[/quote]

yes, yes it is in this situation. you attacked an ally of Legion unprovoked. i mean if MK were hit out of the blue and GOONS defended MK but ya'll lost, would you be happy to pay 2 billion in cash? or for GOONS size, 500 million in cash and say 50k in tech in the from of 3m/150t tech deals? or some such? i doubt it. it is much the same reason why most found it quite distasteful that CSN demanded reps from DT. defending an ally is not a crime no matter how GOONS or CSN attempt to spin it.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300431720' post='2668870']
Five different alliances attacked NPO. To continue to claim that not one of them had any reason to do so is simply ludicrous.
[/quote]

no one is claiming that. Most have claimed FAN have a reason. Hell for that matter Nordreich has more of a reason than DH ever did. NoR was asked in by FAN via whatever kind of treaty or agreement they have. That is a secret treaty and still a far better reason than DH ever had. DH had that it got butthurt (wait, this entire war shows what a lie this line in the OP is "The end of silence for fear of persecution." since if you speak out against DH, not only will you be persecuted as NPO has been, but you will also be attacked for it and if you are not ground into dust for the horrible action of daring to speak out against DH, you will be mocked, ridiculed, and held in perma-war until they decide to let you off. oh yes, this brave, brave 2007 world we live in. can't wait for 2008 to come :D ) over a tabloid and a bunch of other random !@#$%^&* items that were stretched as much as the CB used against GPA was.

so out of those 5 alliances, 2 had a reason and 3 did not. unless of course ya'll now consider the CB used against GPA to be valid since it had something to do with bad diplomacy on the part of GPA oh and insults iirc.

[quote name='Feldheim C' timestamp='1300453296' post='2669031']
Jeez man, that is no way to talk about your alliance. You NPO guys should support each other more.
[/quote]

Save yourself the trouble of trying to look smart and just post "NO U" next time.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300443597' post='2668952']
So what you are saying is MK always intended going after NPO again using a second vehicle, the 1st MK used being Karma. They just made sure Archon signed the peace agreement under the Karma name and attacking NPO again was considered as far back as 2 years ago
[/quote]
Ahahaha, what a story Mark!
Did you notice this time we're using Doomhouse as a vehicle, paving the way for us to go after them for the third time in another two years? Quite cunning isn't it!

Doitzel, IIRC, neither Archon nor MK had anything to with the terms given to NPO other than that Voice of Karma sig. I know that's irrelevant in your opinion and that I won't be able to sway you so let's just agree to disagree and not drag this thread off topic.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1300453440' post='2669036']
Save yourself the trouble of trying to look smart and just post "NO U" next time.
[/quote]

no u

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1300453440' post='2669036']
[/quote]
Ouch, now that was a little below the belt don't you think?

Besides, I don't try to look smart. I think of myself as fairly intelligent, or at least willing to impart some humour, even if it is with someone I'm at war with. There is no try about it.

And I never "NO U", as you say.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300453358' post='2669033']
They don't? :huh:

Here I was thinking that IRON, Valhalla and TORN were in Duckroll. Silly me.
[/quote]

Hey, you missed a few of your friends and friends of friends in that list. ;)

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1300453012' post='2669027']
Yeah, because we did everything that you consider "bad" on our own. Lets play a game, it is called spot a friend in this link.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Continuum
[/quote]

You were certainly the main instigator behind pretty much every conflict... The rest of Q got their punishment in Karma... You on the other hand were peace mode warriors back then as well

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1300454354' post='2669047']
You were certainly the main instigator behind pretty much every conflict... The rest of Q got their punishment in Karma... You on the other hand were peace mode warriors back then as well
[/quote]

And we are accused of historical revisionism?

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1300454349' post='2669046']
Hey, you missed a few of your friends and friends of friends in that list. ;) Lets see which alliance has a perfect track record..maybe GPA and perhaps CSN, because they dont have any. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I am friends with BAPS and Molon Labe? :huh:

edit: I don't even know what you're trying to say with your edit. CSN is perfect because we have no track record? What does that have to do with your membership in Duckroll and shared history with Pacifica?

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1300454354' post='2669047']You were certainly the main instigator behind pretty much every conflict... The rest of Q got their punishment in Karma... You on the other hand were peace mode warriors back then as well[/quote]
We went from 23 million to 6 million in that war, then payed highest reps, relative and absolute wise.
This war we lost half our NS, as of now.

I am sorry, but the facts of reality do not support your propaganda line in such an obvious way, that it is utterly silly that anybody would go that route.
You really can read all kind of nonsense on these boards.

btw. These here debate about this offer, has run its course Id say. There is nothing more to be said.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1300454678' post='2669051']
We went from 23 million to 6 million in that war, then payed highest reps, relative and absolute wise.
This war we lost half our NS, as of now.

I am sorry, but the facts of reality do not support your propaganda line in such an obvious way, that it is utterly silly that anybody would go that route.
You really can read all kind of nonsense on these boards.

btw. These here debate about this offer, has run its course Id say. There is nothing more to be said.
[/quote]Thank you.

We can stop talking now guys, a member of the NPO (no less) has said it is OK.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300432418' post='2668884']
Um, this doesn't really match up with what you've said regarding the war before.

In addition, not really, no. Why didn't MK just attack NPO before then?
[/quote]

maybe they weren't that bored? maybe it was because they figured no one would buy a CBless war and thus when NPO's allies came in to defend, it would not be the nice little curbstomp it is now? MK ain't dumb, just pathetic.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300443187' post='2668949']
hostilities wont stop until they come out of peacemode, according to the OP. so i'm interested to know what other function they can fulfil.

if we wanted the total destruction of pacifica we wouldn't offer them peace after one month of war.
[/quote]

stop lying. NPO has 9 nations over 100k and MK/Umb have what 42 by themselves and this is not including NoR or FAN. so please, just stop lying when you say that a month of war will not utterly destroy the upper tier of NPO. anyone with a single digit IQ would see that it would destroy NPO's upper tier due simply to 2 of the 5 alliances having more upper tier nations than NPO. i already went over this like 30 or so pages back.

so please, can MK stop lying for once?

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1300440113' post='2668932']
A) You forgot to add "unless it's used against GOONS" as I seem to recall you not having any problems with The Ninja's attack on GOONS for that same reason.

B) How much NPO needs to pay for their sins is subjective. Personally, I feel it's ludicrous to think they paid for everything they've done with just Karma War.
As for MK signing the terms, here is Archon's signature:

The way I see it and think Archon intended it, is that he signed the terms not as the King of MK, but as the ceremonial Voice of Karma. Had there been no title next to him you'd have a case, but as it is nothing in the document refers to MK or Archon being our King for the simple reason of[i] him representing ~Karma~ and not MK[/i].
"But Gobb, he is the sovereign of MK, his word is the law of MK!" Yes he is, but not everything he says or does is for MK and as the King of MK, especially if he signs a document "For Karma" as The Voice of Karma.

I won't argue about about c) since it's already been explained by Roquentin over and over again.
[/quote]

awesome- so when Sir Paul uses his tabloid to diss MK, MK can't !@#$%* since that is not sanctioned by NPO Gov which means it is not NPO Gov or the alliance saying it. i mean if Archon, as leader of MK, gets this kind of pass- then surely so does everyone else. i mean for that matter, Myworld could come up with some fancy title and say it has nothing to do with DT, then run over to MK and insult you using this new fancy title, and ya'll would not do !@#$ to DT? i doubt it. i highly doubt it.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300443728' post='2668956']
3 rounds of war = total destruction of Pacifica.

Doomhouse: We're [i]that[/i] good.
[/quote]

when you outnumber their 100k NS nations by 42 to 9 (with just MK/Umb not including FAN or NoR) and their 60k-99k NS nations by 70 to 28 (again just MK/Umb not NoR or FAN) then yes, in a month you will do a lot of heavy damage and i highly doubt ya'll don't know that. this little act of thinking that it would be some light little war is stupid and retarded. ya'll know you will heavily damage NPO's upper tier if not destroy it. that is the whole point and no one is as blind or stupid as you guys seem to think CN is.

that is like saying, "Oh you mean if i nuke you, i destroy a lot more infra than if i do a GA :o i am shocked. truly i am."

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1300443881' post='2668957']
Would it make more sense to you to see their tech stocks depleted, your alliance paralyzed for months or even a year while you're under terms? The easy way here is to take one month of war. We'll consider you're not a threat to us anymore and we can all go home. That's pretty much it.

If you want to keep repeating the meme "unwarranted aggression" feel free to, but that's not relevant here. We're at war with you, we're not going to let you go in a position that you can come after us quickly down the line, so you have the option of having a relatively short period of war and then all ends. We want nothing from you other than the reassurance you're not hitting us any time soon. Pacifica used to use reparations to do that, we just ask for a month of war.
[/quote]

i have already stated how they will most likely see their tech stocks depleted through 1 month of war. going with the new figure of 3 weeks i keep seeing and an average of 300 tech lost per day for 21 days, that is 6,300 tech which except for 1 nation, is around 75% or more of most of NPO's upper tier tech stock. 6,300 tech would take 10.5 months to regain through tech deals, which is quite close to a year during which time, they basically have to hope and pray DH does not get bored again.

i would say that NPO is the one that needs assurances from DH, since it is DH who aggressively attacked NPO... hell for that matter, i would say anyone not allied to DH is probably quite weary of DH. at this point, if i was in a neutral alliance, i would be worried that DH would pull another NPO move.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1300453018' post='2669028']
They do have a chance to fight back during the "beatdown".

This is your way of inflicting the most damage?

Then you are doing it wrong...

The long term damage on us is minimal, but the economic consequences for many of your large nations with small war chests can be very damaging indeed. So, go ahead, do your "worst"
[/quote]

actually, they are doing it quite right. again, the odds are heavily in DH's favor if their upper tier fights, which means that it makes more sense for them not to come out of PM and get destroyed since that is where DH/others in this war can do the most damage.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300454540' post='2669050']
edit: I don't even know what you're trying to say with your edit. [b]CSN is perfect because we have no track record?[/b] What does that have to do with your membership in Duckroll and shared history with Pacifica?
[/quote]

not anymore, but that is for another thread.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300430655' post='2668855']
But you aren't asking for reps. Reps are a figure designed to repair the damage you suffered. Sardonic has admitted you are charging based on ability to pay, not damage caused. Therefore, it is by definition extortion and not reps.
[/quote]

•compensation (given or received) for an insult or injury;
•(usually plural) compensation exacted from a defeated nation by the victors

I note no mention of "damage caused" or earmarking reperations for repairing damages.
I'm not sure the word "definition" means what you think it does.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1300455051' post='2669054']
actually, they are doing it quite right. again, the odds are heavily in DH's favor if their upper tier fights, which means that it makes more sense for them not to come out of PM and get destroyed since that is where DH/others in this war can do the most damage.
[/quote]

No, not really. Because we can basically give our low tier nations unlimited aid, while the nations in the NPO low tier will run out of cash and be unable to fight. At the same time, our high tier nations are doing their usual thing, collecting and growing, increasing the gap to the NPO nations even more, because they don't have to face the peace mode penalties. If they stay in PM for too long, they will wither and die, without even firing a single CM

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300454540' post='2669050']
I am friends with BAPS and Molon Labe? :huh:
[/quote]

Point I was making is many of your friends and there friends have arguably as illustrious a track record as some of the alliances you named. At one point, we all sang along hand in hand. Anyway, it is what it is, going full circle is humbling enough.